“A pleasant surprise”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 30, 2006

The hotel looked disappointingly ordinary from the outside, but once you get into the small lobby area, the atmosphere is stylish and cheerful. The room was extremely spacious, with a good desk area if you needed to do some work, and a great marble surface for making hot drinks. The bed was very comfortable, and the plasma TV screen and furnishings were modern and stylish. The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. My only criticism was the room service from the Lola restaurant. Not only did they deliver the wrong order, but it was over-salted and over-priced. They did however give me a full refund without quibbling when I complained. The hotel is in a very central location, and I would definitel recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed August 16, 2006

Hotel Andra is good but not excellent. We had a Lux Suite which is pretty expensive. The main room was spacious and we liked the extra closet space, but still got an incredibly small bathroom. And why no shower gel with the usual toiletries provided?

The service is above average - the valets and bell staff were particularly helpful and friendly, the front desk staff extremely pleasant. The hotel was very busy so we weren't made to feel particularly special, but the concierge team had some good advice and was helpful in booking a hire car, spa treatments etc.

The location for the shops and the Space Needle is excellent; lots of restaurants are nearby. or it's a short cab ride to most places downtown. I would recommend this as somewhere a bit more modern and interesting than the usual run-of-the-mill chains.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2006

We stayed at the Andra for three nights in july. The location is within easy walking distance of most attractions including the space needle. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable but unfortunately there was no fridge. The temp was in the three figures and to only have ice to cool drinks down with was quite ridiculous.
There is a market called Ralphs accross the road and it is open until late 2am I think. Has a good range of drinks and fresh food.
We dined at the Lola restaurant below our hotel it is a greek rest and the service and food were excellent. highly recommended

Reviewed August 3, 2006

I've stayed at the Andra in the past, and will always choose this hotel in Seattle.
They have large suites that are only slightly more expensive than a standard room - it's well worth it. The suite is quite large, the decor is very smart. Very comfortable beds, nice furniture.
I think my only complaint might be that there's not a lot of lighting in the bedroom part of the room. But lots of windows that open fully, so you can easily lighten up the room and get some fresh air if you want.
Very convenient, Macy's across the street, very close to the shopping district and a few blocks away from Pike's market.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jerri_Blank
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We stayed at Hotel Andra in early July for two nights. I had spent hours scouring the pages of TripAdvisor for somewhere to stay whilst in Seattle. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. They pointed out all the best places to watch the 4th July fireworks from, and provided us with a map of how to get around. Our room was small but more than adequate. The furnishings were luxurious, and everything immaculate. We both slept well, and never even heard another sole all night. Unfortunately we didnt get the chance to sample the delights of the restaurant, but from the outside it looked like the perfect place for a romantic meal. What we did find very useful was the business centre which was free of charge and open 24hrs. All in all we couldn't fault the place. The location is perfect. We walked easily to the Space Needle & Lake Union. Pike Place Market was no more than a 10 minute walk, and the shops were just a stopnes throw away. This hotel is a must!

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank BuryBigS
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Just far enough away from crowds at waterfront but close enough to walk to great restaurants and local attractions. At the time of booking only rooms with 2 queen beds were available. Upon arrival, I asked again for king room. We were upgraded to accommodate the bed type. Rooms are very spacious but small bathrooms which was okay since there was another area for getting dressed and drying my hair. We stayed 2 nights and booked another night on our return trip. Again, we received an upgrade. Staff was very helpful and both onsite restaurants were good.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank monmcs
Reviewed June 14, 2006

As frequent business traveller to Seattle, I thought I would try this hotel as a potential new place to stay.... and I am now regretting doing so.
Once checked in and in my room, I tried to use the two telephones to make an urgent phone call only to find they were still 'barred' so I couldn't call out. Then 30 minutes later the problem still wasn't fixed. Not offering any solutions I asked to move rooms which was such a hassle for them, even though the facilities in my room weren't working. The following day I put laundry in to be done (at a ridiculous cost) and found only half my things were delivered back to me and no one seemed to know where my missing items were. On the same day a colleague also staying there had his laundry declared lost after it had been missing for two days.
By this stage I was quite stressed so booked an in-room massage for the evening asking for pricing in writing. The massge was good, but at the end of it I was told the front desk had quoted the wrong price and I was charged an additional $25.
Additionally no bathroom amenties aside from towels, were ever replaced in my room over a 4 day period.
The staff are nice, but the hotel is run like a backpackers inn!!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business