“Great place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

This is a great hotel! The location was perfect. We walked everywhere. This was our first trip to Seattle so we did all the "touristy" things, and the hotel is situated right in the middle of everything.
The hotel feels very small and quaint. The customer service is fabulous. They greet each and every customer as you come and go from your room, and they are so friendly and knowledgeable. The room was nice. Nothing spectacular, but very pleasant. It was spacious with a huge walk in closet. The only complaint about the room is the bathroom. It is VERY small and there is absolutely no counter space whatsoever. It makes it difficult for a woman to get ready.
The restaurant attached to Hotel Andra is called LOLA. The food is incredible. Expensive, but worth it. We ate at most of Tom Douglas' restaurants and were never disappointed.
Stay at the Hotel Andra. The rate was great (Expedia) and we had no problems at all. I forgot to mention that there is a gym, but it is very small. It is free to use.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I have stayed at the seattle westin, the paramount and the holiday inn suites.... This was the worst one. I got a crappy room in the corner and the couch was broken literally slanted. All they have is valet parking so don't leave anything in it if you need anything they only have one person working on a sat and I'm waiting 30 min almost. Don't waste your money go to the paramont or Westin.

• Stayed February 2010
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We booked this hotel to attend a concert at Key Arena -- the location is great. Borderline Downtown, edging into Belltown, very walkable. Our first problem was arriving. The hotel does not have an on-site garage or an area to pull into. The street in front, however, is designated a "Passenger Drop Off Zone", and they do have a Bell Desk on the sidewalk. There were no valets or doormen present and cars were parked in front on this busy street, with buses bearing down on us, so we drove around the block. On return, still no one to assist & no place to pull in -- we double parked & I went inside. No one at the desk. I was fully expecting to see our car rear-ended as cars swerved around us ... & we waited about 20 minutes for someone to show up. While we waited, we watched as hotel management dealt with a couple whose car had been vandalized while valet parked -- the window smashed. Finally a woman came to the desk & when I told her the problem with being double-parked, she smiled & patronizingly assured me that this happens all the time. I was hoping she was not referring to the vandalism!

Our room was not ready, so we waited another 20 minutes or so, before being given keys to a room with a queen bed. We had reserved a king suite. We called the desk & were told they would bring up keys for a different room. The 1st room faced the back & definitely had a rather cold, un-welcoming feel to it. The bedspread had a stain right in the center. The 2nd room faced the street & was far more welcoming & comfortable. The street is noisier, but we prefer that to looking out on brick walls & industrial roof tops.

The bed was exquisitely comfortable & the towels & linens wonderful. I loved the down pillows & comforter, & the warm, comfy bathrobe, & I enjoyed a power nap under the soft, extra blanket. Rather modern styled furnishings in a classicly styled room & it worked. Nice little bar area & bags of ice at the elevators fit right into the ice bucket. The downside -- the small bathroom. The toilet barely flushed. The sink tilted the wrong direction so the water would not drain out of it. Pretty yucky. Watch your elbows when sitting on the toilet -- a bit cramped.

Lola's bar & restaurant is trendy with a nice atmosphere, good drinks, fun place. We didn't eat there -- we walked accross the street to one of my favorite haunts, The Dahlia Lounge. But we did have a bite off the bar menu -- lamb kabobs & pita with cauliflower & anchovy spread. I wouldn't do that again. The lamb was very tough & chewy & the "carmelized onions" were barely warm. The pita triangles were good, as was the spread, but there was not a hint of anchovy in it, and that's a taste that's pretty hard to hide.

We had a great weekend escape & a very comfortable nights sleep, so if this is what you're looking for, Hotel Andra will fill the bill nicely. If you're looking for something really amazing & over the top, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise70
Auburn
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful time, the staff were helpful and the rooms were nicely appointed, comfortible and clean. Especially for an older hotel. We also enjoyed the atomosphere in the lobby and the ajoining bar (make sure you try breakfast at Lola's ... wow). The hotel is located in a great spot to venture out and see the rest of Seattle from too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Recently, I attended a business event @ Hotel Andra and the detail to customer care was outstanding. Guest Rooms, Ballroom & Galleri Room were all utilized and set-up perfectly for our needs. Employees were polite, helpful and went above and beyond to see that our group of 50 was well taken care of during our three day stay. We will most definitely return again next year. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our group with regard to the plush, comfortable rooms and exceptional food from Tom Douglas Catering.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed in Ändra Lux Suite, it was more than suitable to share with out 3 year old twins, it gave us privacy with a t.v. The hotel is a beautiful viewing experience from when you first step in the doors. Whilst I never had the pleasure of the bellhop being able to open a door for me in the 3+ days I was there (whilst I struggled with strollers, children's bags etc - with the exception of when we first arrived), my husband almost always had superb friendly service. I also say the same about the front of house staff. They were very "efficient", not friendly. My husband had the opposite experience. One would think it was me.... The position of this hotel is 2nd to none. Situated in downtown, we walked everywhere. It is positioned in the middle of the space needle and the shops. There is a reason it is one of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, it is positively beautiful. Plus the restaurant downstairs is a must- it is fabulous. The bellhop recommended the flying fish. This is a must also. Seattle was a fantastic experience (don't forget the boeing factory).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Great place ... with in walking distance of everything ...

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple