“Wonderful hotel, location Free Bus service”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Just spent a night at the Hotel Andra as a surprize night in Seattle for a romantic getaway with my wife.

Before my review I want to mention that all the public busses are free in downtown Seattle all the time just hop on, no charge!!

We are kinda fussy travelers. We would not hesitate to recomend this hotel. Rooms are beautiful, roomy sort of a mini suite. Everything seems brand new. Robes are to die for. The bathroom maybe small but....they are clean and nothing to even mention as a negative,and there is sort of a dressing area outside the bathroom by the walk in closet.

The immediate area has several nice resturants, also a pizza place
(Serious Pie) and a bakery accross the street. The Mayflower Park hotel, ( one block away) has a very good bar (Olivers) with great free snacks at happy hour. There is also much shopping a few blocks away. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Andra

Reviewed August 14, 2008

My wife and I decided to visit Seattle for a week in late July 2008. In planning for the trip, Hotel Andra was at the top of a short list of hotels, and we booked directly with them. The room we booked was a standard Andra Room with a King-size bed.

In general, everything was pretty good to great -- you can see the various reviews that cover the modern, clean decor, helpful (usually) staff, and great location.

So, let me get the negatives out of the way first. The bathroom was a little dirty -- some mildew on the tiles. Not much, but for a 4-star hotel, I figured that would be covered.

Also, a feature Hotel Andra offers is your choice of free paper every morning. I asked 4 separate times for the Wall Street Journal to be delivered to the room, but only received it once out of 7 days at Andra. I even watched as the various staff and managers scribbled it down on paper to make the change. It didn't happen. I see on their website this feature has now been limited to just the Seattle Times or the New York Times.

The street noise is a little loud -- I requested a high floor (which they graciously obliged), and was on the 9th floor out of 10 total. I thought the first night that the windows were open for all the street noise (engines, sirens, etc.).

The wireless internet was a real pain to set up -- it's essentially a T-Mobile hotspot, so you have to pay an extra $10 a day. The front desk was no help when we asked about it though -- they just told us to call T-Mobile.

Now for the good stuff -- I love modern decor, and Hotel Andra definitely has it. Everything is function-oriented, but still very comfortable and easy to use.

Outside of the mildew, the room was very clean -- no carpet stains, clean sheets, no trash, dust, etc. The granite-topped bar in the room was a nice addition and the sink came in very handy when the other was being used. And, of course the FACE toiletries were nice for my wife (although we both brought our own anyway).

The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect. It was a fantastic point to start off each day to a new part of the city and beyond. And, outside the points mentioned above, the staff overall was fantastic, helping us at every point -- housekeeping was very responsive and courteous, the doormen were always able to help, the concierge and front desk gave us great ideas where to get pizza, and more.

I'd definitely recommend Hotel Andra if a modern, convenient, boutique hotel is in your plans. Only a few niggling points that may have been unique to us or our stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank JB24003
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Andra with my husband and two teen boys just prior to sailing for Alaska. I reviewed TripAdvisor thoroughly and settled on this hotel for it's location and size. We were looking for a well situated location to the Pier and things to do within walking distance.

We arrived in Seattle at noon and went directly to the hotel to store our bags. Much to our delight we were able to check in and get settle prior to heading out to the visit the city. We found a comfortably sized room, excellent beds and pillows and plenty of room for us to put our stuff. All the staff was very helpful when it came to recommending restaurants, locating a cab and providing us with directions.

We stayed in a room facing the construction zone but with it being the weekend we had no issues with it. The hotel overall is very quiet. The bathrooms are small but we had no problem with that, however the tile on the floor could have been cleaner.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to stay, the only issue we had is that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I searched Seattle hotels online and checked reviews on tripadvisor.com before selecting Hotel Andra. It was terrific. We were there for 1 night, July 5, 2008 before boarding a cruise to Alaska. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived several hours before the posted check-in time, so they asked if we would like to a free upgrade to a suite! It was lovely and the people at the desk and the concierge were very helpful directing us wherever we wanted to go. The hotel is well located--an easy walk to the Space Needle and to Pike's Market. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We just got back from Seattle and a trip to the San Juan Islands. Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Andra. It's a great place to stay. Our room was on the 7th floor, in the back. It was a lovely room. The staff was excellent, helpful and professional. The hotel is easy walking to both Seattle Center and Pikes Place Market. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I know I'm going to the lone descenting voice here, but I was really irritated by my experience at the Andra. I have never checked out of a hotel early in my many years of travel.

I booked a room at the Hotel Andra almost 6 months before we went to Seattle. I booked directly through their website for a room described as "2 Queens or 1 King". I made a note in the reservation that I wanted the 1 King, as I was going with my boyfriend. When I got my confirmation via email, it said "2 Queens" but the note was on there about the 1 King, so I didn't worry about it.

When we arrived, I verified with the front desk agent that we were indeed getting 1 King, not 2 Queens. He said only the 2 Queens room was available. Obviously, we did not want to spend our vacation time sleeping in separate beds. The only thing available with 1 bed was a Queen. In other words, we were downgraded. There was no offer made to lower our rate, though. I blew it off at first because we had received a great rate anyway. After we spent one night in the room, we were both miserable and grumpy with each other. The queen bed was just way too tiny after being used to a King at home, and the room itself was also incredibly small. The bathroom was hardly big enough to turn around in.

And our view? Construction and another apartment building. I complained to a manager, who said they were completely booked so there was nothing he could do. We went back to our room, looked online, and were able to book a much nicer room beginning the next day (we were in town for 5 nights). I told the manager I was going to check out the next day. He told me I'd have to pay a $75 cancellation fee! When I balked, he said he'd have to talk to the reservation manager to get that waived, and he'd call me in the morning. We checked out and I told the woman at the front desk that I did not want to be charged the fee. She said ok, and didn't charge me. So, this was the only positive part of the experience. The reservation manager never called me.

Aside from all this, I still wouldn't have liked this place- the neighborhood is really sketchy, even though there's a bunch of nice restaurants. We got asked for money every time we walked out of the hotel.

As a side note, the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union was amazing, for the same price (large suite, free breakfast, free wifi).

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank citygirl118
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night .Good Value, courteous staff. The morning newspaper was an added nice touch.Checkout at ipm was convenient. Loved the restaurant Lola certainly good food and good service inspite of being crowded. Perfect walking distance to the Sculpture Park where I spent most of the morning before my return flight home. Lots of small cafe's around.

Stayed: June 2008