“Nice Boutique HOtel”

Ranked #11 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Boutique HOtel”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Andra with my husband and two teen boys just prior to sailing for Alaska. I reviewed TripAdvisor thoroughly and settled on this hotel for it's location and size. We were looking for a well situated location to the Pier and things to do within walking distance.

We arrived in Seattle at noon and went directly to the hotel to store our bags. Much to our delight we were able to check in and get settle prior to heading out to the visit the city. We found a comfortably sized room, excellent beds and pillows and plenty of room for us to put our stuff. All the staff was very helpful when it came to recommending restaurants, locating a cab and providing us with directions.

We stayed in a room facing the construction zone but with it being the weekend we had no issues with it. The hotel overall is very quiet. The bathrooms are small but we had no problem with that, however the tile on the floor could have been cleaner.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to stay, the only issue we had is that we only stayed one night.

• Liked — The beds were very comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I searched Seattle hotels online and checked reviews on tripadvisor.com before selecting Hotel Andra. It was terrific. We were there for 1 night, July 5, 2008 before boarding a cruise to Alaska. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived several hours before the posted check-in time, so they asked if we would like to a free upgrade to a suite! It was lovely and the people at the desk and the concierge were very helpful directing us wherever we wanted to go. The hotel is well located--an easy walk to the Space Needle and to Pike's Market. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, helpfulness of staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Dumont
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We just got back from Seattle and a trip to the San Juan Islands. Spent 3 nights at the Hotel Andra. It's a great place to stay. Our room was on the 7th floor, in the back. It was a lovely room. The staff was excellent, helpful and professional. The hotel is easy walking to both Seattle Center and Pikes Place Market. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Location and atmosphere
  • Disliked — Mattress was a little soft, room lightly was a little too atmospheric, could have used a brighter light in the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 13, 2008

I know I'm going to the lone descenting voice here, but I was really irritated by my experience at the Andra. I have never checked out of a hotel early in my many years of travel.

I booked a room at the Hotel Andra almost 6 months before we went to Seattle. I booked directly through their website for a room described as "2 Queens or 1 King". I made a note in the reservation that I wanted the 1 King, as I was going with my boyfriend. When I got my confirmation via email, it said "2 Queens" but the note was on there about the 1 King, so I didn't worry about it.

When we arrived, I verified with the front desk agent that we were indeed getting 1 King, not 2 Queens. He said only the 2 Queens room was available. Obviously, we did not want to spend our vacation time sleeping in separate beds. The only thing available with 1 bed was a Queen. In other words, we were downgraded. There was no offer made to lower our rate, though. I blew it off at first because we had received a great rate anyway. After we spent one night in the room, we were both miserable and grumpy with each other. The queen bed was just way too tiny after being used to a King at home, and the room itself was also incredibly small. The bathroom was hardly big enough to turn around in.

And our view? Construction and another apartment building. I complained to a manager, who said they were completely booked so there was nothing he could do. We went back to our room, looked online, and were able to book a much nicer room beginning the next day (we were in town for 5 nights). I told the manager I was going to check out the next day. He told me I'd have to pay a $75 cancellation fee! When I balked, he said he'd have to talk to the reservation manager to get that waived, and he'd call me in the morning. We checked out and I told the woman at the front desk that I did not want to be charged the fee. She said ok, and didn't charge me. So, this was the only positive part of the experience. The reservation manager never called me.

Aside from all this, I still wouldn't have liked this place- the neighborhood is really sketchy, even though there's a bunch of nice restaurants. We got asked for money every time we walked out of the hotel.

As a side note, the Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union was amazing, for the same price (large suite, free breakfast, free wifi).

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank citygirl118
new jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Stayed at this hotel for one night .Good Value, courteous staff. The morning newspaper was an added nice touch.Checkout at ipm was convenient. Loved the restaurant Lola certainly good food and good service inspite of being crowded. Perfect walking distance to the Sculpture Park where I spent most of the morning before my return flight home. Lots of small cafe's around.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank felippa
Washington
Reviewed July 4, 2008

My husband just treated me to a weekend getaway at the Andra. He booked the Romantik Package which included a Lux corner suite, champagne, Theo Chocolates (one of Seattle's best hand-dipped chocolatiers). Dined at Lola (one of my favorite Tom Douglas restaurants located on the first floor of the hotel). As always, Lola was outstanding, relaxed.

We had a great in-city get away. The staff were most accommodating and friendly, but not snotty. Location very good for exploring Seattle on-foot.

The suites are well designed and furnished, somewhat spacious, the bathrooms are well-appointed but smallish. Based on the size of the suite, I would find the basic room to be too small for my taste. I could see a speck of Lake Union from our room. I did appreciate that windows were operable (I like fresh air when sleeping).

The Hotel Andra, is a small, comfortable boutique hotel in a restored building. Clearly the constraints of restoring an older building limited room size, but the suites are well-appointed and very comfortable. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank IslandGrl
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Since this is the only place in the world that I've found that shares my strange name, I'm obviously going to be prejudiced. This hotel is hip, clean, efficient, moderately priced and very conveniently located in Seattle. It has a small neighborhood feel in the heart of downtown. The staff is courteous and helpful, and the facilities are awesome. The rooms are well laid out with comfy beds, and the bathroom night light is a thoughtful touch (especially in the middle of the night!) Several very good restaurants are right across the street, and the very touristy things are only a few blocks away. Lots of shopping is also steps away from the front door. I love this hotel.

• Liked — The bathroom night light
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business