“Great stay, wonderful staff”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #14 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tulsa, OK
“Great stay, wonderful staff”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Andra for several nights during a trip to Seattle at the end of June. The hotel amenities were fine. I didn't make use of much, to be honest-- the hotel was more a place to rest and recharge during a whirlwind trip-- so I can't comment on parking, room service, or the fitness center. I found the hotel to be quiet and had no issues with feeling like the walls were thin or people were disruptive. The bed was comfortable and the modern style open shower was cool. The main thing I want to mention in my review is how friendly the staff was. I was very impressed with how polite and knowledgeable everyone was. If I had a question or needed directions on the best way to get somewhere in Seattle, there was always someone around willing to help. I would stay here again based on the efficiency of the staff alone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Howdy sc121980,

We appreciate your comments about how much you enjoyed our team members! Thank you for begin our guest and taking the time to comment about our service! We strongly believe that our warm, friendly, and attentive team members separate us from other hotels (not to imply that other hotels don't have friendly employees), we are just proud and enthusiastic about the quality and level of service that our team provides our guest! We think it radiates in their smiles!

Our goal is to make each stay both relaxing and enjoyable! I'm happy to read that we exceeded our goals during your stay. I can see their smiles getting even wider after I share your comments with each of them.

We hope to have you come back and stay again soon!

Lars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Andra with 2 girlfriends at the beginning of October - a very very wet weekend in Seattle. We stayed in a suite, which was a good size for 3 adults, and have nothing but positive things to say about the hotel. The valet parking was quick and easy, the staff were all very helpful and were able to assist us in getting great dinner reservations(including Spinasse as recommended by another reviewer) and the hotel is really well located for wandering around Seattle. I will stay there when I go back to Seattle, though will probably only do so if I am not with kids, as it has more of a grown up (and that is a good thing) vibe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Orangeville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

What more can I say about our stay at Hotel Andra. I really liked everything about the hotel. Read what others are saying and realize its a great place. Room was beautiful, stylish and super comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant. Like others have said attached restaurant Lola is excellent, and so is the bar, it has great cocktails. Location is great so close to downtown yet remarkably quiet; which we discovered during a lot of walking is a good thing.
I truly love this hotel and it helped contribute to an amazing trip to Seattle, which is a city I now love.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The lobby is alive with good energy from a respectable client base!

Love the modern bathroom.

The downstairs bar Lola is quaint and the staff was personable.

The TV does not extend out from the wall, so watching it from bed is not really an option.

Parking is spendy at $40 a night, but there is a nearby option on the same block for $30, without valet.

Room Tip: No view from room, but frankly wasn't a need for any view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We love being your "Swanky and Energetic" place to stay! Thank you ScherisS for sharing your recent visit on Trip Advisor! It's important for our TA Audience to get a feeling and understanding of what they can expect when staying.

I'm glad that our team provided you excellent service and you enjoyed the energy at our partner Lola! The restaurant and bar are by far one of the best places to see and be seen when you are visiting Seattle. I agree about the client base it fits right in with our hotel!! We are delighted that you had a chance to take advantage of the food and drinks!

Thank you for the feedback regarding the TV's! I'm sorry to learn that you had a challenge watching TV from bed! We have a remedy for the concern and are installing new "swing" arms in those few rooms with the challenge. I expect that you won't come across that again!

Also - I wanted to share with you that I monitor parking rates continuously with similar hotels in downtown Seattle. Our nightly parking rate is similar (if not lower) than downtown hotels and has not been raised now in nearly 3 years. I understand parking rate sensitivity and appreciate your letting our TA Audience now about the non valet parking lot down the street. I'd also like to mention that we do offer promotional packages and discounted rates on parking through out the year. Check out our website or Facebook page to take advantage of 50% off or sometimes even complimentary parking!

Once again, thank you for being our guest! We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I visited Seattle and decided, after much investigating, to stay that the Hotel Andra. The location seemed perfect, the hotel was well rated and the rooms looked beautiful. We stayed for three nights on the 8th floor suite. I have to say it was much more than what I expected. The hotel was charming, elegant and very welcoming. We were greeted by Laura at the front desk who just made us feel right at home. She checked us in early and gave us plenty of recommendations of things to do that day.

The room was excellent, very clean and comfortable. It overlooked 4th avenue and most of the tall buildings in Seattle. Despite being next to a busy avenue the room was surprisingly quiet.
The location was excellent. You are about 4 blocks away from the Westlake transportation hub and you can go virtually anywhere in Seattle. The Pikes Street Market is also a couple of blocks away. There are also many many restaurants and coffee shops in the area to keep you busy.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on visiting Seattle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I always try to stay at Hotel Andra when I visit Seattle from the UK. The rooms are great, the staff are always polite, friendly and helpful, the bar and restaurant are fantastic, and the overall location is good, both for downtown and for the Amazon offices at SLU. Thanks for another great stay, Andra Team!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello Benelliss,

We are always glad to see your name on arrival list. Looks like you have been racking up the miles this year cross the Atlantic! Thank you for the kind words of praise! Our team is glad to welcome you and the Amazon team members back over and over! We hope to have the opportunity to see you for the holidays!

Until the next time! Enjoy the change of Seasons and safe travels always!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The Andra Hotel is beautifully decorated and is in a great location & our room was spacious Service was attentive and Lola is a great place to eat and there are several other good places to eat nearby

• Stayed October 2013
It is nice to read that you were able to take advantage of all the great nearby restaurants. Thank you for being our guest gerridoc! We look forward to your stay the next time you are visiting Seattle!