“If I could give them more then 5 I would ! Excellent +”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in many hotels in my lifetime, but the service in the Andra hotel was UNBELIVABLE! I was in town for 10 days for business and they keeped on surpising me with kindness, willingness to help and do anything to make me feel welcome, at home and taken care of.

The room was large, comfertable, clean and the service very fast and the great location. The bathroom is small but very clean.

For me - it is the "to go" hotel in Seattle.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 810 - corner and to the street. Good view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Orlyna

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Seattle and wanting a centrally located hotel within walking distance to all the sites. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Tastefully decorated as well. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous. The front desk in particular was very welcoming and very helpful. The hotel was quiet as well and had a small, cozy feel to it. There is valet parking outside, we paid $20 for parking. Check out time was noon so we checked our baggage with the front desk while we spent the day exploring Seattle. There was no charge for this and they were happy to hold our things as long as we needed. We will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank njlSurrey
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just finished an 8 night stay in the King Lux Suite. The upside; the room felt cozy and was very clean. The hotel had a good location with a short three block walk to Pike Place Market. Front desk reception was friendly and professional, as where the doorman.

The downside; the bathroom was a shoe box and the room furnishings where dated and pretty beat up. The couch in the sitting area is very uncomfortable, definitely not something you would sit on at any length to watch T.V. The adjacent restaurant Lola is always packed so grabbing a quick cup of coffee in the morning or a cocktail in the evening can be rather daunting.

What this hotel is missing more than anything is an outdoor area for guests. Since the rooms have no balconies, there should be a way to enjoy some fresh air, relax and take in a view. I can't understand why they don't utilize the roof as many other boutique hotels do.

All in all for under 300 a night in a pricey city like Seattle, you could do much worse.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We appreciate your comments and have followed up with the items that did not exceed your expectations. Although the couches and furniture in the guest rooms were recently updated, I can certainly understand that the Scandinavian design, with lower arms and backing may not be to your liking. Our Lux Suites do have a couple different couch selections and depending on the room configuration, we would be delighted to make a special note on your reservation indicating your preference of couches.

I couldn't agree more with you, It would be grand if we could have a roof top garden or spacious sitting area atop the hotel, unfortunately though it is currently not possible. The specs of the building and structure prohibit any roof top space for being utilized in that capacity. We do keep our guest's recommendations in mind and refer back to them often when making changes. Luckily though, both of our outstanding restaurant partners offer seasonal outdoor patio sitting on the sidewalks in front of the hotel. The sidewalk - cafe style seating is upfront and a great place to people watch and take in all the city-scapes. Full menu's and bar service is available in the patio areas.

Thank you DCraig71 for being our guest. I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you are visiting Seattle! I would be glad to personally assist you with your reservations here at Hotel Ändra.

Regards,
Lars

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in one of their suites. It was a great stay. We walked everywhere we wanted to go in downtown Seattle. Room was very comfortable and downtown noise at night was not noticeable. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Andra Sept 2 and 3/13. We arrived very early and our room was not yet ready but we were able to check our luggage and park our car at the hotel. The hotel is a boutique hotel and the rooms are very clean and spacious with a separate sitting area, microwave, and minibar. The location is just 2 1/2 blocks from Pike Place Market and very close to the Downtown shopping area. Lolas located just off the lobby serves the best breakfasts ever and is also open for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great spot close to everything. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was great and a very good size. No view but i've come to expect that and it's not really at the top of my list for amenities. Comfortable quiet room is much more important.

My only gripe and it's one I have with all hotels lately is you have to ask for a shower cap. Where did this come from? hotels always had them in the room until a year or two ago. I'm sorry but as a women it makes you feel some sort of bias. Who's going to call down for a shower cap? fortunately I have learned to pack one in my travel kit.

We didn't eat in the hotel but it came highly recommended. We had reservations elsewhere and they were also at a Tom Douglas restaurant. You can't shake a stick in Seattle and not hit one of his eating establishments.
We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was recommended Hotel Andra by a friend. it met and exceeded my expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was upgraded for free to a larger room. it was great, very roomy and comfortable. the bathroom had just been redesigned and was one of my favorite parts. As part of the hotel, there is a fantastic restaurant that another friend recommended. Lola's was fantastic for both breakfast and lunch. For breakfast, i had the donuts, to die for! For lunch i had the Mediterranean dips and pita. so delicious!
The location of the hotel is awesome. just a couple blocks from Pikes market, and the space needle. i walked everywhere!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo