“Excellent location, beautiful rooms.”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel Andra was exceptional. The staff was helpful, also allowing me to check in at 11:00am after an arduous journey. The rooms are very spacious with a separate living room area. Wonderful room service, comfortable beds, but still had the feel of an older property with character. I loved it and would definitely book again on yet, another trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LillyChristina
There are newer reviews for Hotel Andra

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I usually stay at the Pan Pacific, but decided to try the Andra where a lot of my colleagues stay when we visit Seattle on business. The Andra has a great location, friendly staff and I got a suite for the price for a room. The restaurant has food by Tom Douglas: to get room service dining of that quality is amazing and perhaps worth a stay just for that reason. The Andra also welcomes pets. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank APalan
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Only 4 blocks to Pike Market with added feature of Lola Restaurant on ground floor and Dahlia across the street. Room nicely decorated and spacious. Staff friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay!! Frazier83 from TN.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank fishski3
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great time. Staff and manager Ray were all very helpful. Stay there again. Great location. Lux suite was fantastic. Wish they had a Pool though. Would definitely stay there again.
Very close to Pikes place and right in the heart of downtown. Also very great restaurants surrounding this hotel.

2  Thank 2k3civic
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff is excellent, rooms great and clean, location can't be beat! Some of the friendliest and helpful front desk staff I have ever experienced. This hotel is within walking distance to the Seattle Center where the Space Needle and other attactions are located.

1  Thank Laurabok
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I've never written a negative review before. I'm writing this as I stay because there was not a single pleasant experience here. The only thing that was somewhat nice was the location. It's somewhat close to pikes place and the space needle for tourists.

1. The place smells. It smells like onions and cooked spices. Probably from the restaurant downstairs. But my room (on the 9th floor) smells exactly the same as the lobby and my hair and clothes smell.

2. My room was right in front of the elevator and the ice chest. I didn't get a single blink of sleep. Either there were drunk girls getting off the elevator until 3am or at 5am room service comes nonstop, rolling their cart on and off the elevator with a loud ding everytime it stops. And I hear people opening and closing the ice chest and sifting through the stupid cooler all night.

3. The place not only has bad ventilation but also has thin walls. Aside from the room being close to the elevator and the ice machine, when I tried to get some rest during the day I could hear the girls next door chatting away and squealing and laughing. I could hear every word very clearly as if they were next to me.

4. When I asked front desk for a room change all they said was that the place was full. No authentic apology or any kind of consolation. Simply the place is booked they said.

I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this place to anyone if he/she likes to get rest at night. I paid $299 per night and it was not worth even a penny. I should have been paid to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank barbarayc
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear BarbaraYC,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Ändra during your recent visit to Seattle. I'm truly sorry to learn that our service team and accommodations did not exceed your expectations. Our goal is to make each stay relaxing and enjoyable and it's disappointing to read that we did not achieve this for you. Please accept my sincere apology.

Based on the majority of our Trip Advisor reviews, you can read that your experience is not typical and certainly unexpected. The service team and I are sorry that we fell below your expectations. I understand that we did have rooms available to move you too, however your valuable time and schedule did no coincide with the time the new room woudl be ready and available. Please know that I have discussed your comment with our team to better serve you and future guest.

Once again, BarbaraYC, thank you for your valuable input. It is only through reviews such as yours that we can see our strengths and areas that may need improvement. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you we can do it right. The team and I look forward to exceeding your expectations! Please feel free to contact me direclty when you are planning your next visit to Seattle. I would be delighted to personally assist you with reservations here at Hotel Ändra!

Warmly,
Lars

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Hotel Andra was a gem of a find when looking for a hotel in Seattle. From the interior decor to the beautifully appointed rooms, everything was impeccably clean and well maintained. From check in to check out there was no waiting, and the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and truly wanted to help to make your experience the best one possible. The hotel location is close to downtown shopping, as well as Pikes Market and the Pier. It is a very friendly and confortable place to stay with your family. We will definitely be back!!!

Dear Eric L,

I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your first stay in Seattle! Thank you for allowing Hotel Ändra to be part of your visit! It is compliments such as yours that are truly rewarding to the team and me!

We share your enthusiasm regarding the accommodations and service at Hotel Andra! Our goal is to make each guest's stay relaxing and enjoyable and we are happy to know that we have done so for you! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor audience! We value our guest's comments and hope it assists others when chosing a potential place to stay when visiting Seattle.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and Hotel Ändra during your next visit. Please contact me directly when your travel plans once again including an overnight stay, I would be glad to over see the details of your next reservation.

Warmest Regards,