“Hotel Andra -great hotel and location”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Hotel Andra -great hotel and location”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff is excellent, rooms great and clean, location can't be beat! Some of the friendliest and helpful front desk staff I have ever experienced. This hotel is within walking distance to the Seattle Center where the Space Needle and other attactions are located.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurabok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I've never written a negative review before. I'm writing this as I stay because there was not a single pleasant experience here. The only thing that was somewhat nice was the location. It's somewhat close to pikes place and the space needle for tourists.

1. The place smells. It smells like onions and cooked spices. Probably from the restaurant downstairs. But my room (on the 9th floor) smells exactly the same as the lobby and my hair and clothes smell.

2. My room was right in front of the elevator and the ice chest. I didn't get a single blink of sleep. Either there were drunk girls getting off the elevator until 3am or at 5am room service comes nonstop, rolling their cart on and off the elevator with a loud ding everytime it stops. And I hear people opening and closing the ice chest and sifting through the stupid cooler all night.

3. The place not only has bad ventilation but also has thin walls. Aside from the room being close to the elevator and the ice machine, when I tried to get some rest during the day I could hear the girls next door chatting away and squealing and laughing. I could hear every word very clearly as if they were next to me.

4. When I asked front desk for a room change all they said was that the place was full. No authentic apology or any kind of consolation. Simply the place is booked they said.

I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this place to anyone if he/she likes to get rest at night. I paid $299 per night and it was not worth even a penny. I should have been paid to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank barbarayc
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear BarbaraYC,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Ändra during your recent visit to Seattle. I'm truly sorry to learn that our service team and accommodations did not exceed your expectations. Our goal is to make each stay relaxing and enjoyable and it's disappointing to read that we did not achieve this for you. Please accept my sincere apology.

Based on the majority of our Trip Advisor reviews, you can read that your experience is not typical and certainly unexpected. The service team and I are sorry that we fell below your expectations. I understand that we did have rooms available to move you too, however your valuable time and schedule did no coincide with the time the new room woudl be ready and available. Please know that I have discussed your comment with our team to better serve you and future guest.

Once again, BarbaraYC, thank you for your valuable input. It is only through reviews such as yours that we can see our strengths and areas that may need improvement. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you we can do it right. The team and I look forward to exceeding your expectations! Please feel free to contact me direclty when you are planning your next visit to Seattle. I would be delighted to personally assist you with reservations here at Hotel Ändra!

Warmly,
Waipahu
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Hotel Andra was a gem of a find when looking for a hotel in Seattle. From the interior decor to the beautifully appointed rooms, everything was impeccably clean and well maintained. From check in to check out there was no waiting, and the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and truly wanted to help to make your experience the best one possible. The hotel location is close to downtown shopping, as well as Pikes Market and the Pier. It is a very friendly and confortable place to stay with your family. We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eric L,

I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your first stay in Seattle! Thank you for allowing Hotel Ändra to be part of your visit! It is compliments such as yours that are truly rewarding to the team and me!

We share your enthusiasm regarding the accommodations and service at Hotel Andra! Our goal is to make each guest's stay relaxing and enjoyable and we are happy to know that we have done so for you! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor audience! We value our guest's comments and hope it assists others when chosing a potential place to stay when visiting Seattle.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and Hotel Ändra during your next visit. Please contact me directly when your travel plans once again including an overnight stay, I would be glad to over see the details of your next reservation.

Warmest Regards,
Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. We stayed at the Alexis hotel on our last trip to Seattle and they are competitors in the boutique hotel market here.

Pros:
Great location - steps to Pike Place market, downtown shopping (Pacific Place, Nordstrom)
Big rooms and well designed - we loved our room. Quiet, nice linens and well designed - enough outlets, backlighting, lots of hooks for towels, and a walk in closet! Liked the separation of the desk area and nice counter/sink area in the room as well.
Wi-fi connection solid throughout the hotel
Bathroom was comfortable with a big shower stall - its kind of funny that it doesn't close, but surprisingly there wasn't a mess with the design.
Food for the conference rooms was very good (appears to have been made by Lola, their on site restaurant). Really nice quality items - e.g. Bacon was a nice cut and not a fatty undercooked mess, good quality bread...)
Very smooth check-in.
You can get Serious Pie pizza here - if you haven't had it yet, make the trip there across the street (or order it for your room). One of my favorite pizza joints in SEA.

Honestly, there were no major cons.
Minor issues are the lack of proper EV parking (they only have a standard outlet so we parked at the nearby mall for most of the stay instead of using the valet) and the gym is pretty basic. Parking is $40/night here, valet only.

I would definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KatieCanada,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Andra, and taking the time to post a Trip Advisor Review. Your feedback helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent visit with us, and appreciate your comments! As we were recently named one of Condè Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2012 – Top 20 Pacific Northwest, we pride ourselves on making each guest’s stay a memorable one, and it is such a compliment to us to see that we have done so for you.

I've taken speical note of the EV parking comment. It's not often that we do get this request, but as more EV's are being driven, we will work on a solution for the future! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Please do not hesistate to contact me directly if there is anything I may assist you with when planning your next stay at Hotel Ändra!

Warmest Regards,
La Mesa, CA.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We recently spent a night at the Hotel Andra in Seattle. It is an older, nay old building skillfully renovated into a boutique hotel. The room we stayed in was originally a studio apartment and was quite large with a large walk in closet. Bathroom was smallish but well appointed.

Front desk service was excellent in all respects. The restaurant Lola which is attached is good for food, but very noisy, definitely not the place for a business conference.

We were very pleased with the hotel, service location etc. The restaurant across the street is operated by the same person and is much quieter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ted C
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We loved Hotel Andra - by far the best experience for the value. We stayed on the top floor King Suite for only 187 a night, and the location is PERFECT! What made this hotel experience different from any other was the staff; they rushed for an early check-in even with a booked hotel, gave us a cooler to borrow since ours was leaking, provided honest recommendations from attractions to restaurants and were just plain awesome. We'll be heading back to Seattle again, and I would not stay at another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Beginning with my call to the concierge on our arrival day to get a dinner suggestion all the way through to check out the service at Hotel Andra was fabulous. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. It truly felt like it was our home away from home during our Seattle trip. Nice size room, bathroom is a little small, but with the separate vanity area it didn't bother us at all. Location was great, but the staff was the real gem at the Hotel Andra!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends