“Lovely Retreat”

Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely Retreat”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was in Seattle for a conference at the Westin. I prefer to stay in places with a little local character, so I skipped the Westin and chose the Andra based on proximity and the other great reviews. I'm so glad I did! The rooms are really special; spacious, modern, spotless and really comfortable. The baths are compact but smart and the separate vanity area was extremely useful and a clever take on hotel design. The design of the space made you feel like you almost lived there, that you were not just another anonymous traveler. It was so nice to hang up my clothes in a walk-in closet and feel at home for my three day stay. Every staff person in the hotel was kind, happy and helpful. The hotel is in the perfect location, a great neighborhood, close to everything, convenient to the light-rail and other mass-transit, although I walked everywhere without trouble. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The primary issue was with breakfast availability, or rather lack of it.
When we checked in we were advised that the breakfast room is shared with non-residents and advised to call down when we knew when we wanted to take breakfast.
On the first morning we called about 15 minutes before planning to take breakfast and were told we didn't need a reservation as the room was not busy. We immediately left our room and two minutes later on arrival in the breakfast room we were told it was full but that we could go on a waiting list.
Second morning we called down as suggested and were told that the room was packed out and that we would have a wait of at least 40 to 45 minutes.

On both occasions we spoke with the girls on the front desk and each time they showed neither interest nor concern - total indifference.

Seems to me that an hotel that cannot reasonably provide breakfast for its guests is not doing its job.

We checked out and moved to an hotel that better served its guests.

Room Tip: If you just want a room, it's ok, but if you want breakfast, forget about it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ian S
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Ian S,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Andra, and taking the time to provide a review. Your feedback helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit.

Our restaurant partner, Lola, is indeed one of the premier restaurants in Seattle for breakfast, especially on the weekends, and advance reservations are highly recommended just for this reason. I'm disappointed to learn that upon check when we made the recommendation for Lola reservations,, we did not clearly communicate the importance. Please know that we have shared your comments with both our guest service team members and the Lola team members so that we can better serve you in the future.

I appreciate your time and would like nothing more than for you to enjoy the breakfast experience at Lola! Please contact me direclty when you are planning your next visit to Seattle. I would be glad to personallly over see the details of your stay and ensure that your breakfast experience is truly one to remember!

California
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good location, close to shopping, Pike Place, Belltown. Stayed in Lux Suite, which was spacious. Check in was a problem as room was not ready at 4 pm and it took an hour to get the room ready for us. Eventually they gave us free parking but it took some persuasion on our part. I thought the atmosphere was ok, a bit on the dark side throughout the hotel. But all in all, the location was the advantage in staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HillsCA
Dear HillsCA,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Andra, and taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay. As you may know, many travelers use TripAdvisor as a pre-planning tool, and your personal experience is invaluable in assisting others as they are planning their travel to Seattle.

As your hosts, we strive daily to ensure that your time with us is memorable from the moment you walk in the door until the time we say goodbye and I'm truly sorry that we did not accomplish this during check in. You will not hear a myriad of excuses, just a sincere apology for not having your room ready upon your arrival. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping department, and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so that we can correct them for future visits.

I was glad to read that our central location was a positive experience for you. One of the many great benefits to our central location is the proximity to Pike Place Market, dozens of great restaurants (including 6 owned by celebrity Chef Tom Douglas), the nearby shopping district, and easy access to the light rail and mono rail system. Hotel Ändra is in the heart of it all.

Once again, Thank your for staying with us! Please feel free to contact me direclty when you are planning your next stay at Hotel Ändra. I would be delighted to personally over see the details of your reservation.

Adelaide
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Room was very spacious, comfortable and immaculate. Restaurant and bar excellent. I am a return guest and it is still as good as I remember. Would stay a third time too if I go to Seattle again. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Corner suites are fantastic. Great space, particularly if more than 2 people staying.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Giscome
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a difficult review, because the hotel isn't bad, but it's not as great as it should be for the price. Let's start with the location. It's actually located in a pretty sketchy neighbourhood--if I were a woman by myself I am not sure that I would stay there. On several forays out sightseeing, we ran into some scary street people and drug dealers (in the alleyways just a block down from the hotel).
We had problems with the valet parking; the attendant was rude and aggressive, which was a bad start. Then, we had to deal with the street noise. Even six flights up it was a struggle. I ended up using my trusty earplugs. The bar and restaurant is nice but nothing to write home about. The front desk staff were nice but unhelpful with just about any question about the downtown--not their fault, they haven't been trained!
I would probably not stay there again. There must be better places downtown for about the same price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor if possible, to get away from the street noise at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank giscome56
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Giscome56

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Andra. Your feedback helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests. You will not hear a myriad of excuses, just a sincere apololgy. I wish that I would have had the opportunity to make it right for your during your visit, instead of just learning about your concerns on Trip Advisor.

It was very disappointing to read your comments and I would like to assure you this is not our standard level of service. We pride ourselves in exceeding our guest’s expectations and clearly we did not accomplish this. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues you had during your stay so that we can come to a resolution!

I look forward to receiving an email reply or speaking with you at any time that is convenient to you in order to discuss your experience at Hotel Andra during your visit. Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,

Olga, Washington
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were in Seattle to spend time with Brazilian friends who were in town for a professional meeting. We found everything about the hotel and the staff to be pleasing. The suite was large, full of light, and well thought out & attractive. The staff was most helpful from the time we pulled up to the curb until we checked out five days later. The breakfasts at Lola were something to look forward to, and the location was central to everything we wanted to do & see.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Kaaren S,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Ändra, and taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Your personal reflection helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests.

We are delighted to see that your stay with us was enjoyable, and appreciate you specifically noting the level of service you received from our staff. Your comments have been shared with our team. We look forward to continuing to make Hotel Ändra, your "home away from home"!

Please do not hesistate to contact me direclty if there is anything I can do to assist you while planning your next stay at Hotel Ändra. I look foward to your next visit!

Portland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there while visiting Seattle for the Rock N Roll Marathon. We had a great time. It's a great hotel with a fun atmosphere and good restaurant. The room was clean, nice, and comfortable. I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Brantly T,

We are thrilled to read your review about your stay at the Hotel Ändra during the Rock N Roll Marathon. Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to provide us feedback about your visit! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. It is the satisfaction of guests like you that keeps us in business, and it is our goal to make your visit relaxing and enjoyable.

The Rock N Roll Marathon is approaching quickly in June 2013 and we hope that you will make Hotel Ändra your "home away from home" that weekend! Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with our Trip Advisor audience. We look forward to more opportunities to serve you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me directy if I can be of any assistance with making your reservation.