New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Great boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. So first the good things. The Hotel is modern and very stylishly furnished. The rooms are a good size and the bed very comfy indeed. We got a very good rate which made the stay overall inexpensive. The breakfast is very, very good (Lola)....although serving an English man warm milk with his tea is inexcusable! I went for the oatmeal but the fried breakfasts looked awesome. Great location with only a small walk to Pike Market etc.

On the flip side the gym isn't great. One treadmill, one elliptical and some free weights that only go up to 30lb? I used to always stay at the W when in town but have found increasingly that it attracts the wrong guest young, partygoers that make a lot of noise. That's cool, but not during the week when the rest of us have to go to work in the morning. I fear that Andra gets the same crowd. My work colleage had a VERY bad experience on his floor. A young English couple came back at the early hours of the morning and proceeded to have a an extremely loud argument. She was screaming hysterically for hours. The police came eventually and spent another hour trying to get the boyfriend out of the toilets. All in all my poor colleague had zero sleep. The next day they informed him that the couple were still on his floor. It's completely beyond me why they were not booted out after that. Who knows???

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is special. The beds are great and the rooms are very plush. The shower is one of the best ones of all the hotels we have stayed in. I highly recommend this hotel.
The staff goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great little hotel within walking distance to Pike Place, waterfront and the Needle. Clean, large (stayed in a deluxe king) rooms with modern decor. Will most definitely stay here again when in Seattle!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hotel Andra has a friendly welcome area and reception, and I was given a very comfortable room. The facilities in the room were good, although the TV channels were analogue/antenna only not digital which lead to a very poor reception and no built in TV guide, which surprised me based on the other good facilities at this hotel.

The room includes free Starbucks coffee and a coffee maker, although you are limited to 3 cups a day (enough if you aren't spending all day in the room!)

The location is excellent, right in the centre of the downtown district and a stone's throw from the famous market area. There was also free wifi in the room, which is very useful.

At checkout there seemed to be some confusion over an additional fee for being "upgraded to a larger room" when in fact nothing of this sort had happened, so it worried me that an extra charge would have been billed to me if I had not been listening closely to what the receptionist was saying.

However this was quickly sorted out, and did not spoil my visit. As a business trip destination, the Hotel Andra was very well suited to what I needed. Being a very short walk from the downtown Light Rail stop from the airport added another bonus.

I would be happy to stay here again, but I would like a better TV reception.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

just stayed at this small but very cozy boutique hotel in downtown seattle; close to great shopping and pike's market and fine dining. the room was spacious, clean and modern. the staff is very corteous. we also tried lola's restaurant located at the hotel for lunch, very good food and service. highly recommend this hotel for the location, friendly service and price.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you are interested in the hip restaurants in Belltown or the morning buzz of the market, Hotel Andra is the nicest hotel around. Staff was accomodating for late checkout and helpful with directions. Had the best sleep ever on their bed!

• Stayed February 2013
Ladner, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

So I had a great feeling about this hotel right from the start when I was doing my research to figure out where to stay while in Seattle. My husband and I havent had a holiday in a few years - other than camping - because we have two yellow labs that we refuse to put in a kennel so I was on a mission to find a dog friendly hotel for a weekend getaway. As I started making inquiries to various hotels in the downtown area, the Hotel Andra staff were very prompt, polite and thorough in their replies to my email so I was really leaning towards staying here and I'm glad I decided to book a stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming upon our arrival, we were quite pleased with the room, very clean, modern, neatly appointed and a decent size for us and our two dogs, and the beds are very comfortable. Location is great, only about 4 blocks to Pike Place Market and a few blocks to great shopping, so much is within walking distance. I really liked that whenever we returned to the hotel, the front desk staff extended a warm greeting, they make you feel like a welcome guest. I was also very appreciative that at no time were were made to feel like a nuisance because of our pets that we had with us. And the staff were great with giving us advice on good places to eat and giving us directions on how to get to places. The customer service at this hotel is fantastic and if you are at all considering a trip to Seattle, I highly reccomend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Desi1947,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Ändra, and taking the time to share your stay with our Trip Advisor friends. Your feedback helps us continue to provide the highest possible level of quality to our guests.

We are delighted to see that your stay with us was enjoyable and appreciate you specifically noting the level of service you received from our staff. Your comments have been shared with our team. We strive to make each and every stay a memorable one, and it is such a compliment to us to see that we have done so for you and your yellow labs!

When you are making arrangements for your next Seattle visit, please feel free to contact me direclty. I would be pleased to assist you personally with your reservation! In addition, we invite you to visit our website as well as follow us on Facebook and Twitter for in-the-moment news, updates and special offerings.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to many more opportunities to serve you (and your labs) as our guest!

Warmest Regards,