“Lovely hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
home
“Lovely hotel!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our very short stay here. The hotel room was very large and spacious and had nice details like a magnifying mirror next to a cute little lamp in the bathroom, a beautiful modern bathroom with calming colors.
The food in the restaurant was very good and I loved their little bakery, Dahlia, across the street.
The lobby fireplace and comfy sofa and chairs was very inviting. The hotel staff was very efficient and helpful directing us to sights. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

we were searching for a hotel in close proximity to the pike place market, and found hotel andra. it's vintage charm and modern updates make it very appealing. the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. it's very clean, and our view on the 7th floor overlooking 4th ave was exceptional. from housekeeping to the door people, we felt relaxed. the front desk was the best, answering our questions, giving us the seattle times when we didn't want the ny times, nor wall st journal. we will refer our friends to hotel andra, as this was one of the best experiences we've had travelling. it's the most wired hotel we've seen. above all the customer service was the most top notch ever....funny, friendly, helpful...love how lola restaurant spills into the lobby....very festive, and the fireplace adds beautiful ambiance...the artwork is cool too...thx so much...we had a blast...this was for pleasure, not business..

Room Tip: high up facing 4th ave is great
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Hotel Andra is a nice place to lodge yourself if you are travelling to Seattle. It is located in downtown hotel district, and very close to several famous places of the city, such as Pike Market.
The room is clean, comfort and quite modern, I would choose this again if I travel to Seattle next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newark, OH
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have come to really like the Andra for my stays in downtown Seattle. It's not a touristy place, but has a great location and has a number of great Tom Douglas restaurants within walking distance (Dahlia Lounge, Palace Kitchen). Lola, the restaurant inside is really nice, and the breakfast is really fabulous - don't miss Tom's Big Breakfast....pretty much the highlight of my stay.

You can walk about 10 minutes to Pike Place, or about 3-5 minutes to the shopping mall, the monorail is nearby, and the space needle is about 10 minutes walk. Really a nice place.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and quiet. I've always had a great night's sleep at the Andra. The bathrooms are modern and clean - I actually really like the high quality soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower, rather than the wasteful small bottles that you usually find in hotels.

The value is better than average, and might be a little on the pricey end, but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. The Andra is a great value for the service and accommodations, but it's not cheap. If you want cheap, go to Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My experience with Hotel Andra...they are all about customer service. From the time I pulled up in front of the hotel until check out, it was an excellent experience.

I pulled up late in the afternoon on December 22nd, after a very long drive. The valet had my parking sorted in a few minutes. Check in was a breeze; they had all my info and my ticket to the King Tut exhibit was delivered to my room a few minutes after I got there myself.

The room was spotless and comfortable. I was in room 810. I've attached photos so you can judge for yourself. The gallery on Hotel Andra's website is accurate. Their restaurant, Lola, serves a very nice breakfast....or walk across the street to the Dahlia Bakery.

Staff were professional and friendly. I won't be looking for another place to stay next time I'm in Seattle.

Location: within walking distance of Pike Place Market, an easy walk to the shopping on Pine Street and the Seattle Monorail.

On a budget: follow Hotel Andra on Facebook and get on their mailing list. They have some very nice discounts on their rates during the off-peak times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Monroe, WA
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Andra for one night after a friend's wedding. It was wonderful! The best part of the stay for us was that our dog was able to stay there for free. And we weren't given a dirty dog only room, like some hotels do.

The room was really spacious and had a huge walk in closet. The bathroom was smaller, with a shower stall and one sink with limited counterspace. We each had to get ready seperately. Luckily, there was another mirror with an outlet in the room, so it didn't matter. We didn't interact with the staff a lot, but they were all very friendly and seemed like they enjoyed their jobs.

There are lots of good restaurants nearby. We would defintely stay here again!

1 Thank Nlmayfield
Dupont, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We decided to choose the Hotel Andra for our sleeping arrangements after a night on the town in nearby Ballard. We found a really good price for an upgraded room on line and enjoyed the night. 15 minutes to Ballard for our nightlife though the hotel itself is right downtown and close to many cool places. 5 Tom Douglas restaurants are with in walking distance of the hotel including Lola which is in the hotel lobby. Lobby of the hotel has a very cozy warm feeling with a fireplace and lots of comfy chairs which was nice on a cold night. Building is older but rooms are updated clean and modern. Bathroom is a little small but has a very Euro style. We stayed on the 5th floor (Hotel has 10) and it was a little noisy from traffic but that is to be expected at any downtown hotel unless you are way up high. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Dahlia Lounge is across the street and well worth the reputation it has for dining.