“Quick King Tut Get-Away”
Review of Hotel Andra

Hotel Andra
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hi -- We wanted to get to see King Tut in Seattle, and now that it's December, time is running out. Made a 1 night only reservation at Hotel Andra .. arrived Friday afternoon, and were welcomed, had a great package rate on room, King Tut admissions, etc. Hotel staff were knowledgeable, smiling, and helpful. Wish we had more time, but will try to get back to do more Seattle sight-seeing, and would recommend Hotel Andra.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Andra

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Like many of you fellow tripadvisor users I tend to have multiple screens open while booking a hotel, researching, checking reviews, making sure I get myself into a nice place that's a good value for my money. Generally when I see a negative review I weigh it heavier then the positives... well let me tell you this about the naysayers with regards to Hotel Andra - they are DEAD WRONG. I was very surprised by this little gem, the staff and its location!

I generally travel with my dog Gracie and was surprised (and delighted) to find there was no pet can stay fee at Hotel Andra. Not only that, we booked the King Tut package which included tickets to the exhibit, our valet parking, chocolates and wine!
Upon arrival the front desk clerk was prompt, professional and checked us in hours before regular check in time. She was very accommodating to our furry friend and her and Gracie made fast friends, as did all the staff. ... Gracie was a bit of a star every time we walked by the front desk, greeted by lots of smiling faces.
Shortly after arrival the staff delivered a bottle of apple cider as they knew I was pregnant and couldn't take the wine that was included in my package - how thoughtful and sweet of them!
We booked the King Superior and it was a great size for us and the dog. We were on the 4th floor over looking pretty Christmas lights on the tree outside and had no problems with street noise even late night/early morning. The bed was comfy and sheets were soft - two thumbs up.
I truly think the staff makes this hotel what it is. Every member, including the cleaning staff were smiling, friendly and accommodating. The valets were fast and friendly and the front desk was second to none.
Hotel Andra will now become our 'go to place' when we visit Seattle - it really is worth booking and checking out for yourself! Trust me :)

Room Tip: The king superior is worth the couple extra dollars
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Visited the King Tut exhibit which was within walking distance. Appreciated the valet parking and quick registration. Our room was large enough for three (double queen). The included wine and chocolates were yummy. There are several restaurants close by to chose from within walking distance, as well as great shopping. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would certainly considered coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We drove to Seattle to visit the King Tut Exhibition. Hotel Andra was offering a special package deal for the King Tut Exhibition. Parking in Seattle can be quite costly so the fact that they offered free overnight valet parking was a plus. We were met by a valet who immediately led us to the front desk and whisked our car away. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and efficient. Registration took no time at all. Five minutes after entering our room, a staff member knocked at our door and presented us with a bottle of red wine, truffle chocolates and our tickets to the Exhibtion. He welcomed us to Seattle. The room was lovely and spacious. The important things such as comfort, shower pressure, quietness all exceeded their standards. Location was great. We walked to Pike Market to the Space Needles and Science Centre and all the restaurants and shops are withen walking distance. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is not worth the money. There are plenty of others in the same price range who offer better service and a more upscale atmosphere. My husband & I live in Portland and travel to Seattle several times a year for long weekends. We've stayed at dozens of different Seattle properties, but we prefer the smaller upscale boutique hotels. Our stay with Hotel Andra was very disappointing. The hotel lobby and elevators reeked of a grease fryer from the kitchen. And I mean REEKED. I could smell the odor in my hair after exiting the elevator. It was disgusting and was like this for our entire stay. Our room was located on the 3rd floor which was VERY noisy. Noise from the loud conversations of valet staff below on the street kept us up until 2:30am, and even the holiday music from the lobby could be heard clearly through the floor. This particular trip was because my husband and I were participating in the Seattle Marathon/Half-Marathon/5k, so sleep was VERY important to us. Room was a decent size, bed was comfortable, but pillows were cheap & terrible. Our second night, I called down to requested two firmer pillows & two extra bath towels. It took them 45 minutes and another call to the desk to actually bring these! It seemed to us that even in peak holiday travel season, this hotel was not properly staffed. When we arrived there was no valet to park our car, nor was there a doorman to help us with our luggage. We double-parked due to the amount of others waiting for this same service in the valet-curb area. We also had to drag our luggage in without assistance. Upon check-in, the hotel desk clerk charged my credit card in advance without telling me, even though I specified that we preferred to pay cash for the room. She seemed confused. Overall this hotel did not feel upscale AT ALL. For the same price you could stay at many other places in downtown Seattle that offer better service. Do yourself a favor and avoid the Hotel Andra.

Room Tip: Don't think you'll sleep at all if you get a room anywhere near the front. The valet staff h...
3  Thank imustcreate
GM-HoteAndra, General Manager at Hotel Andra, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear imustcreate,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I've made many attempts to speak to you directly, however you have chosen not to reply. I can only assume you are not interested in any personal follow up from me. You will not hear a myriad of excuses, jus a sincere apology.

Although our reputation and most of our guest reviews do not reflect your individual experience (but rather the exact opposite), we take all personal reflections very seriously. We use our guest comments and reviews in our service training and share with our individual team members so that you and future guest never encounter the same concerns. Our goal is to make Hotel Ändra our guest's "home away from home"!

I am truly sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your recent visit. I hope that we will have an opportunity to make it right for you or at minimal show you that we can exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email address or phone number that I have previously provided you.

Warmest Regards,
Lars

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel Andra is a great place to stay. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The location is great, close to everything downtown. Our package included valet parking and late check out. Very refreshing and relaxing. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing the street so there was some traffic noise and we heard police siren...
1  Thank Suzanne T

Dear Suzanne T,

It is a true honor to have you stay with us for you first downtown getaway! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit! It is a true compliment to the team when we know we've exceeded our guest expectations. it is our goal to make your visit relaxing and enjoyable and we look forward to the next opportunity to have you stay again!

Warmest Regards,
Lars

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A lovely boutique hotel in a great location. It's surrounded by fantastic restaurants - about 5 Tom Douglas establishments within 300 ft. of the hotel's front door. Pike Place Market and Westlake Center (the monorail) are within walking distance. Taxis are usually outside the hotel but the staff is always on hand to hail one for you if needed.

The standard king room I booked was on par with hotels in large metropolitan cities. WiFi is free and the common areas are a great place to just read a book or entertain friends.

The staff is professional and had wonderful suggestions for things to do in Seattle. Room service was quick, even at peak hours, and Lola's menu is phenomenal. At this price point, I would recommend the Andra for a Seattle home base.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo