“Wonderful time at the Sheraton”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Eastern Canada
“Wonderful time at the Sheraton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

We stayed at the Sheraton on Auguest 20, 2007. We were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. I had emailed the hotel earlier requesting a King room in the new tower. I didn't really expect to receive what I'd asked for, afterall I only payed $125 with Priceline. However, upon checkin I was pleasantly suprised to have been assigned a King room in the new tower. The room was lovely. Very comfy bed, lovely view, and a nicer TV than I have at home :), . Bathroom was bright, clean, and comfortable. Location was very convenient. Concierge was most helpful in helping us find out which city bus to take to get to King Street Station. Will not hesitate to stay here again!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

We stayed at the Seattle Sheraton 8/16-19. We requested rooms in Union Tower months before we arrived, but were told they were none available when we got there. The rooms we did receive were clean and comfortable.
What an excellant location! You could walk to Pike's Market and the waterfront within minutes, the monorail for the Space Needle is right down the street and it's also in the "free zone" for buses.
The hotel has a pool , sauna and whirlpool, but beware! If you're looking to relax after a long day in the city, in the whirlpool, count on small children! Even thought the rules posted on the wall prohibit children from using it, there is no enforcement! ( I had the unpleasant experience of a child sneezing while in the whirlpool and using the water as his tissue, right in front of his father!)
All in all, the Sheraton is a great hotel to base out of to see such a wonderful city!

1 Thank happywhenwarm
world
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2007

I travel to Seattle and have stayed in a number of hotels there -- notably the Edgewater and Monaco. I stayed at the Sheraton this time primarily due to an internet price offer and the 4 star rating of the hotel. But it's clear that the Sheraton sheds all it's normal charges in order to make the rm price look cheap -- while my quote was abt $200 a night -- in fact I paid abt $300 a night. On a two night stay that's a big "surprise." Valet parking is $35 a night, and their non-valet parking is $28 a night and a block away. To be fair, Seattle parking in general is way overpriced -- comparable to NYC (where at least it seems merited). Internet is $9.95 per day. If you send packages ahead (as many of us business travelers do) you are charged on a sliding scale based on weight -- that added another $60 to my bill. AND they lost the most important box of the lot. While they made some "visible" efforts to look for the box -- the fact is that Fedex showed the box signed for, and their own system had logged it in -- but they could not locate. I've had better help at Motel 6 -- and they don't charge anything for internet or boxes. The room was a perfectly normal hotel room; ditto with bathroom -- in short, there is nothing here that "special," they are overpriced, and service in this case was subpar. Also they seem to cater to conventions, large groups, so there are long waits for everything (elevator, bell boy, cashier, etc., and there usually 20 - 30 people out front smoking and blocking doorways. Everyone has their hand out (not unusual at a hotel like this, but even more blatant here -- and without much of a smile or effort) When I have to open my trunk and pack my bags in the car, it seems impertinent to be expecting a tip just for bringing the car up. Will not repeat this hotel, and frankly hurt my impression of Sheraton overall as well. I have had much more consistent and better visits at Hiltons lately. One small note -- there is a great Vietnamese restaurant around the corner called Bambuza -- don't miss it! It was the highlight of this trip.

• Liked — Location was decent
  • Disliked — hidden charges, subpar service, lost personal property -- offered no explanation or apology
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank travelmule
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2007

This was our third time staying at the Sheraton Hotel in Downtown Seattle and it was our third time being disappointed. Our first two trips to this hotel were both Christmas trips (2005 and 2006) and our last trip was during the last week of August 2007.

The first year that we booked this hotel we called them directly (after booking our room with an on-line service) to comfirm that they were the same hotel that hosts the famous Ginger Bread House competition for the local chefs. Once we arrived to the hotel, we were very surprised to find that the hotel was not only in shambles from being under construction, but that they had moved the Ginger Bread houses to another location entirely (an imprortant fact that they forgot to mention when we were calling to confirm that the Ginger Bread houses were indeed going to be there).

On our second Christmas trip we decided to try bidding on a hotel with priceline.com. We were a little disappointed when we found out that the hotel that accepted our bid was the Sheraton. We decided that we would look on the bright side though and give the hotel a second chance. We thought that there was no way that the hotel could still be under construction, but once again we were greeted with the confusion and mess of construction. The place was a mess and the Ginger Bread Houses were still no where to be found.

This last trip (and it will be the last) we tried hotwire.com for the first time. And once again we ended up with the Sheraton. I again decided that I would be optimistic and hope for the best. I can say that I was happy to see that the lobby and new tower were no longer a construction zone, but I was still very disappointed with the floor that we stayed on and the room we were given. The table outside of the elevator had garbage on it and the hallway had bits of garbage all throughout that no one bothered to clean up during our stay. The room that they gave us looked out into the alley and there was scaffolding hanging outside of our window all three days that we were there. Not at all what I would expect from a four star hotel. I think that their star rating should be brought down a notch or two.

Needless to say, I don't think that we will be staying at the Sharaton any time soon.

• Liked — The new lobby.
  • Disliked — Customer service and the poor quality of room.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ccandred
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights. It was expensive (parking is $35/night) but it's only 5 blocks from Pike Place and roughly a 20 min walk to the Harbor Steps. You can catch the monorail a block from the hotel if you want to visit the Seattle Center. We stayed in the tower facing Union St which has been remodeled. We had a plasma in our king room and the furniture is contemporary. Really liked the room and had no problems with noise. If you don't mind spending a little, it's a great stay. Just make sure you stay in the remodeled section. And the concierge was extremely helpful. I believe the lobby has free wireless, but it may cost to connect in the room. The only reason I give a 4/5 stars is the ridiculous parking cost. I know it's a major city and it's downtown but I still think it's too high.

• Liked — Contemporary room
  • Disliked — Parking
1 Thank beanstock
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. This was my first stay in the new tower. The rooms in the new tower are definitely nicer than the original tower. They are brighter with a fresher look. The original tower rooms are fine as well, they just aren't as nice. The pool area offers a great view of the city. Also, the location of the hotel is perfect - although parking is too expensive - more than any other hotel I've stayed at in Seattle.

My only complaints, and they are minor, are that there is still some construction going on in the lobby area, so it has a slight feel of a construction zone with many areas hidden behind black curtains. It is minor though, my guess is they will be finished by the end of September. Also, the restaurant and lounge area is a bit disconnected from the hotel. I tend to prefer hotels with lobby bars, and this one does not.

• Liked — Very nice room (in new tower)
  • Disliked — Impersonal lobby
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank cdphx2k5
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

The problem with large hotels like this is that they all start to look alike. The Sheraton in Seattle is fine, and has upscale amenities, but the room still looks like every other. The same carpet. The same decor. The same overpriced minibar items.

That said, the bed was fabulously comfortable, and the location was fantastic (walking distance to everything downtown). There was Starbucks coffee in the room, a safe in the closet, and convenient valet parking at our disposal (nevermind that it cost $35 a day to park!! Zow!).

Seattle is not inexpensive - and for this particular weekend in August, the Sheraton was the best price downtown. My fiance and I were roomed in the newly remodeled tower, so the view was splendid. The bathroom toiletries could have been better, but the comfy king size bed made up for anything lacking.

Breakfast at the Grill downstairs was adequate and overpriced. Best bet is to save your money and find something on the streets. There's a place at Pike's Place Market (easy walking distance) serving delicious crepes and much better coffee.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — generic accommodations
2 Thank Mary-Loves-Paris