“Location, Location, Location”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Great downtown location. We were in the older tower, but the room was fine - clean, large, perfect for the three of us. Easy walk to the monorail, pike market, buses. Would stay at this location again.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,761)

Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was a bit wary about staying at the Seattle Sheraton after reading multiple reviews about construction in the lobby and bad service, etc but since my friend & I had Pricelined it and won the bid of $120 per night, we had no choice.

And much to our delight EVERYTHING was very good! The location is perfect: Pike Place Market is 10 min walk away, shopping, food, buses are all within reach. We had no issues with the front desk, everyone was very helpful and friendly. It IS a very busy hotel but very spacious lobby that made nothing seem confining. Our room was in the Pike Street tower which I believe is actually the older side which has not been renovated but we couldn't really tell the difference. The room was highly comfy, clean and quiet.

There is a pool & jacuzzi on the 35th floor and use of internet (although only 3 stations, so you may have to wait your turn) on the 2nd floor Business Ctr which we used during our 5 day stay.

I would definitely stay at the Seattle Sheraton again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I gave the Sheraton Seattle a 4-star rating primarily because we stayed in the Union Tower and the rooms were brand new, modern, clean, and very comfortable. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable room in a great location, this hotel will be perfect for you. We got the room for about $210/night (including taxes), which seemed to be the going rate on the travel Web sites and the SPG Web site in July and August 2007. The hotel is right on Pike Street and a close walk to everything Seattle has to offer. The room and location get the 4-star rating, but there were several problems with the hotel service.

On the downside, the hotel is used by massive numbers of convention-goers, which makes the front desk VERY unorganized. We arrived at 1 p.m. Pacific time after a LONG day of travel from the East coast, and they would not let us check in despite my SPG Gold membership. We had to keep checking back at the front desk every 30 minutes or so, only to be told different things by different staff members. It was clear that there were rooms available, but that housekeeping just had not communicated that they were ready. It took over 3 hours to check in, and the front desk wasn't very helpful throughout the process. Other guests had problems checking in, too. The lobby was full of tired, grumpy people. There seemed to be no order to who got the available rooms first.

Other negatives include a broken shower that was not fixed for a whole day (we had to call back when we returned in the evening), long hold times on the phone, and the pool and hot tub were closed for a day and a half without signs saying when they would re-open. Also, we did not receive a wake up call we had scheduled, so be sure to set 2 alarms if you stay here.

Free WiFi is only available in the lobby -- not in the rooms. The gym is in the Pike St. Tower, so you have to go through the lobby to get to it if you are in the Union Tower.

This Starwood property does not do free upgrades to the Club Level. I honestly don't think that having an SPG membership means anything to this hotel, because there were no obvious benefits.

In summary, the rooms and location are great and you would probably like this hotel for a short stay. If you are staying for more than a few days, you might find better service and amenities at a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank SearchingForComfort
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We just got back from staying at Sheraton downtown Seattle. It is on 6th Ave and Pike, so it is extremely convenient to everywhere. You can walk down to Pike within 10 minutes. The rooms were spacious. Hotel staff was very friendly. To our pleasant surprise, they not only comp internet charges at the rooms, they also have a business center where you can access the internet AND use their printers for free. We were very impressed with that. They had a summer special and we were able to get the weekend rates for $145 a night. That's a good deal for this hotel. We'll definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Guinevere and R... L
Reviewed August 19, 2007

RECOMMENDED (with caveat) - 2 towers, one new/old. Get one in the new where I stayed. Large room, modern decoration, comfortable, great LCD TV, fast internet, work area, bedding great, quiet, fast elevators. Bathroom super, well illuminated, nice amenties. Everything in excellent working order. The other tower will ultimately be renovated, but it's a bit threadbare. Gym is on top floor of old tower, bit cramped. Hotel location is central. Checkin fast with no flaws. Overall a Super Property!

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank roadwarrior30
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I just got back from Seattle and I thought the Sheraton was just average. The room needed a make over. The carpet was stained in certain spots, the shower head needed to be replaced(you could hurt yourself with that thing) and the A/C didn't work very well. It turns out we were in one of the older rooms. The other tower had the newer updated rooms.
The staff however was extremely helpful and nice. The location was awesome(just a few blocks from Pike's Market) and the rooms were very quiet. We really enjoyed the bar in the restaurant on the lower level and the drink prices were reasonable.
I would stay here again but I would request a room in the new tower.

2  Thank ADeckerCampbell
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Stay here only if you like lots of noise, crowds, have fairly low standards, and get a deal. My experience here was much different than at other Starwood hotels. This is a huge convention hotel and hotel for people leaving on cruises. I suspect they pay very little for their rooms. Buses of people constantly arrived while we were there for a 3 night stay. Parking was $35 a night. If I did it again, I would look for a small boutique hotel.

I booked 2 rooms via Starwood's website several weeks in advance of my stay. I am Starwood Gold. I called the hotel in advance and asked for 2 rooms connecting or adjacent on the club level, in a quiet area. I did not get a "deal." When checking in, there were probably 100 people in line--no joke. Fortunately there was a separate line for Gold and Platinum members. We were told we could not have adjacent rooms--they were on separate floors. We were not offered an upgrade. The rooms were not ready at 2:45 p.m. (Gold gets early check-in). Fortunately a big tip to a porter got us adjacent rooms on the club level, but in a VERY noisy area--right next to the club lounge and elevators that ding nonstop and feature a recorded lady's voice "You are on the 32nd floor." Parking was $35 a night. The workout room is dreary and in bad need of updating. The pool area looks a bit dated and sad. It's a big pool with enough chlorine to make you itch for weeks. You can't call for your car in advance--you wait at the valet for a long time before they will pull it around. I will pass next time!

4  Thank lightstar7