“Great hotel and location, would stay again”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights while we were in Seattle for a wedding. I had a free night voucher for the Sheraton so we stayed all 3 nights here. I was very impressed with the service from the staff, the room and the location. The staff put us in one of their new towers with a king size room/partial view. The room had starbucks coffee, a flawless bathroom, great shower and very comfortable king size bed. The location was fantastic, it's about a 10 minute walk to the Pike Market and other cool things to check out in down town seattle. The staff were very very pleasant and the check in staff even remembered my name and addressed me by last name when I had questions at the desk. I found this very unique in the hospitality industry, because I find it rare for hotel staff to address their customer by name basis. The gym on the 35th flooor was pretty nice too!

The only gripe I would give the Sheraton is when it came down to billing. I checked my account 5 days after checking out and noticed no charges had not been posted to my account. I found this odd so I called the Sheraton to figure out what was going on with the delay. The accounting lady informed me that since it's an agency rate (travel agent) with voucher, they always delay the charging and she had planned on taking care of it later. I found this odd and she informed me that since I was calling she would post it now for me, but she didn't seem to concerned about when she was going to charge my card and acted like she was doing me a favor. Her attitude ticked me off a little bit, because I had a similar problem with Sheraton in Phoenix and the hotel ended up double charging me 3 weeks after my stay (they did resolve the matter).

Great Hotel, but their accounting department needs to get their act together when it comes to posting charges. It sounds like this is a company policy with Sheraton that should be addressed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jay379

Reviewed September 16, 2010

Great spot with a great view. Pool on the top floor is excellent. Nice staff, great location.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed two nights. We did not rent a car but took the light rail which has an exit real close. That saved a lot of parking fees. We didn't rent a car until the day we checked out (Alamo is one block away). The hotel is right downtown and there are plenty of places to eat and entertainment. Cheesecake Factory across the street as well as Game Crazy and movie theater (If you have kids). Pike street market is straight down the street and plenty of things to see just walking around. The place to catch the monorail is 3 blocks away (takes you to the Seattle Center/Space Needle). I'm writing all of this to let you know you don't need a car when you stay here. Save a few dollars. The rooms were very clean and the beds were perfect. Had a good nights sleep. We had a corner room so we had a view of the harbor and downtown. Lots of windows on two walls. Our kids had a room in the middle of the building and the room had one window. Seemed more closed in. I would ask for a high corner room if you can. Makes the experience of being in downtown Seattle that much better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank John R
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Hard to find fault with this one. But one caution - valet parking is terribly expensive and if you want to self park you need to do so a block away. That being said, the place is roomy, quiet, elegant, spotless and the staff is friendly and helpful. Loved the room, great view and the Daily Grill restaurant is reasonably priced and delicious. Loved the location, but beware - downtown Seattle can get pretty seedy and even dangerous. But I'd stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank af847
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle over Labor Day weekend and had a pretty decent stay. There was a video game convention in town (PAX) and it was nice to see that the convention-goers were allowed to set up all their games and hang out in the Sheraton lobby. This lent a bit of personality to an otherwise corporate chain hotel.

Our stay was without incident, but it was nothing special, either. The service was pretty impersonal. The fees at this particular hotel were much higher than what I've seen at other Sheratons and hotel chains--I tried to get a spoon in the room (to eat my home-brought oatmeal with), but I was told there would be a charge of $3.00. I've gotten silverware from similar-class Marriotts for free. If you can take a walk over to the Specialty cafe near 5th street, snacks will be a lot cheaper than hitting up the cafe in the lobby of the hotel. And I really wish internet fees would be included in room rates, or at least not be per device...

The gym and pool were some of the best I've seen at a hotel, with an awesome view of the city. I'd recommend stopping by even if you don't plan to swim or workout. Another plus is that this hotel is just about a 10 minute walk from Pike Place Market. All in all, I'd recommend this hotel, though I know there are some more boutique and personal hotels I might stay in next time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fluff_astrid
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I booked a couple nights at the Sheraton using a third party service. I wanted to surprise my wife with a birthday trip to Seattle. We stayed the nights of August 19th and the 20th. Prior to arriving at the hotel (about 3 weeks in advance, actually), I called ahead and asked specifically for a room with a King bed in the Union Tower on a high floor. The agent who was hadnling my request told me that it would be no problem. Satisfied, I beleived her.
Upon arrival on August 19th, we were very impressed with the hotels location. That is really the primary attraction to this hotel. We waited for the valet to greet us and went inside to check in. It was about 1:30pm, and there were only two front desk associates working and the line was almost to the door! I certainly expected a higher level of service than that. Waiting in line for about 15-20 minutes, I made it to the counter and checked in. At this point the customer service associate informed me that there were no rooms with a king bed available and that my wife and I would be put into a room with two "full" sized beds. Not very romantic. The beds were very small and were average in terms of comfort. The overall room was nice, but small. The bathroom was extremely small, something I would expect from a discount chain. Overall, not the experience I expected out of the Sheraton, and I would probably stay somewhere nicer next time.

1  Thank blooyenga01
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My husband and I visited Seattle the last weekend of August and we were very impressed in what we experienced at the Sheraton Seattle. From check-in to check-out to concierge to dining within the hotel. All service was superb! I was very pleasantly surprised. Employees were knowledgeable and more than willing to help. I liked how convenient the Light Rail was to the hotel and enjoyed all the wonderful shopping boutiques in the area. Do take the Light Rail from the airport as it was SO convenient and economical. Time to reach the hotel from the airport was approximately 30 minutes. Location was definitely a premium. Pike's Place was 3 blocks west and there was plenty to see and do.

We passed on the daily housekeeping to receive the $5 vouchers. If you forgo the daily cleaning, you can receive a gift card for $5 to be used in the hotel for food or drink. We stayed 3 nights so it added up to $15...You could also receive Starwood points if you wished but a nice cup of coffee/cocoa in the morning sufficed, to say the least. Coffee can be found anywhere in Seattle. We were able to find a great rate where you buy 2 nights and get one free. This was offered on the Sheraton website.

I noticed also at check-in that we were place in the newer tower and on the top level! the 26th floor!! As we exited the elevator, I noticed that it said the floor was for Starwood preferred guests so I was very grateful that they had "upgraded" us to these newly renovated rooms. The fitness center was open 24 hours and the pool was open until 11 p.m. every night so their hours were more than flexible. I did dine at the on-site restaurant and the food was great. I opted for the buffet which was nice and used my voucher toward the total price of the buffet.

We certainly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We did not use the valet nor the parkin garage but simply relied on our feet and public transportation. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel lobby, along with open computers so very convenient. If you needed it in your room, there was a daily charge but I simply took the laptop to the lobby. We will be sure to recommend the hotel to our friends when visiting the area.

1  Thank Collieryo