6,483 results
All reviews convention center union tower great location club floor cheesecake factory pike place market large hotel attending a conference within walking distance space needle top floor across the street heart of downtown starbucks coffee central location business trip valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2007

The hotel is under construction and the lobby is almost gone! The front desk can only accommodate 2-3 staff members so be prepared for a LONG wait checking in/out or to simply ask a question. While my spouse checked in, I went to ask the concierge for directions to a nearby restaurant that we had selected for dinner. There was no concierge at 8 P.M. on a Wednesday night. I then turned to the bellman who was very rude. Smokers line the walkway into the hotel so there is a smoke fog all the time.

The room was ho-hum sand-colored Sheraton with no extras or frills. It had the minimum of niceties with a small predictable bathroom.

We attended a reception in the Presidental Suite and the upholstery was so worn it was in shreds!!!

Our room was not clean and the linens were not changed after it was requested daily. There were coffee grounds on the bathroom floor that were never cleaned the entire stay. There was an unidentified
"something" on the edge of the toliet. I hate to think...

We travel a lot and I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2007
4  Thank SCBlossom
Reviewed March 1, 2007

My husband consistently waits until one month prior to book a hotel for his conferences. Hence we always get stuck with the 'fourth' choice at the 'conference rate'. There is a reason this Sheraton is 'fourth choice'. It lacks any kind of panache, pizazz or pleasantry. This is your straight up vanilla cookie cutter conference hotel. Rooms are boring, carpets are stained, tubs are old, phones still connected to cords in your room, tv doesn't swivel, amenities are lackluster at best (no Bliss or Aveda treats here), dings on all the furnishings, scuff marks on the walls and closet doors, ancient, and I do mean ancient thermostat controls which respond slower than a cat breathing on you. No lobby whatsoever to speak of, in fact, it's downright depressing when you walk in. I totally agree with the other reviewer on this. Now if you've never been to a W, or a Ritz, or another good upscale chain, you'll think this place just swell. Those of you expecting a little more - head elsewhere! There is not one, and I repeat not one impressive thing here.

Upon check in - very late at night - we were told there were no King beds left, even though we had requested one, with a crib. So instead we were given a room with double beds, and they brought a crib up. Now 2 double beds and crib makes the room feel completely claustrophic and tiny. Not good. The front desk gent did give us the kindness of putting us on a much higher floor. The 30th floor, which is not concierge level, but is a 'preferred floor'. I really hope these rooms are not the 'renovated versions'.

That said, the relatively good points include - Location - the location is absolutely ideal for shopping buffs. And good dining abounds in the area. Service is prompt and the concierge is really nice. The beds are ok if you like puffy, but I miss my firm matress. Very hot water is plentiful and the pressure is great! The best is housekeeping will come until 4:30pm, so there is no pressure to get out of the room by 11am. This is a really, really big plus when traveling with an infant.

Paid conference rate of $206, I think it's actually worth $175 p/night, but that's just me.

Date of stay: March 2007
4  Thank Amymow
Reviewed February 19, 2007

After reading previous reviews, I was worried when my Priceline bid ($100) was accepted for the Sheraton. I was pleasantly surprised. We were there on the weekend and there was no construction noise at all. The room was lovely. It had obviously been recently remodeled and had fluffy down duvets, towers of pillows, and a clean and sparkling bathroom. The TV could have used some help but we weren't in Seattle to watch TV. The location is superb. It is a block from Nordstroms, 2 blocks form Macy's, a block from the 5th Ave. Theatre, just up the hill from the Pike Market, and right next to the Convention Centre. The staff was friendly and helpful. Hint: use the valet parking. The traffic downtown is not for the faint of heart. The valet charges are absurb but anywhere you park in downtown Seattle is pricey.

Date of stay: February 2007
3  Thank barbh
Reviewed January 11, 2007

We were actually pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Sheraton in Seattle. We booked it through Priceline, where we "named our own price" - and we figured that we wouldn't get the best room or hotel - we were wrong. The room that we got was on one of the very top floors, beautiful views, extremely comfortable bedding and brand new decor in the room. We were also able to use their business center and use their internet access for free. The only down fall that I would have to mention is the cost for parking. The hotel is going through a bit of a transition, as they are building a new tower, but that had absolutely no effect upon our stay. We were able to walk everywhere downtown and felt that it was great for the money that we spent. I would reccomend this property to friends and I would return again.

Date of stay: August 2006
5  Thank NapaLocal
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I've stayed at the Sheraton Seattle numerous times on business over the last 3 years. I used to really enjoy it, but it has progressively gone down hill in my opinion. Unfortunately,. my last stay will likely be my last, despite the location, which is closest to my office. This last visit the hotel was packed, so there was a huge wait to check in, even late at night, and with my SPG status. The room I received was one of the larger suites, but it was really just a huge waste of space. The layout of the furniture was spartan at best. Most disturbingly, the room reeked of mildew and the linens seemed old and tired, long overdue for replacement. This property is undergoing an expansion, so construction noise was also a problem. After 1 night, the mildew was aggravating my allergies, so i asked to be switched to a different room. The room I was moved to was tiny, cramped and dark, and the view looked out on to a lower rooftop, where at 6 am, a construction crew convened. At $279 a night, I expect more. I won't be staying at this Sheraton again anytime soon.

Date of stay: November 2006