6,469 results
All reviews convention center union tower great location club floor cheesecake factory pike place market large hotel attending a conference within walking distance space needle top floor across the street heart of downtown starbucks coffee central location business trip valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2007

We were actually pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Sheraton in Seattle. We booked it through Priceline, where we "named our own price" - and we figured that we wouldn't get the best room or hotel - we were wrong. The room that we got was on one of the very top floors, beautiful views, extremely comfortable bedding and brand new decor in the room. We were also able to use their business center and use their internet access for free. The only down fall that I would have to mention is the cost for parking. The hotel is going through a bit of a transition, as they are building a new tower, but that had absolutely no effect upon our stay. We were able to walk everywhere downtown and felt that it was great for the money that we spent. I would reccomend this property to friends and I would return again.

Date of stay: August 2006
5  Thank NapaLocal
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I've stayed at the Sheraton Seattle numerous times on business over the last 3 years. I used to really enjoy it, but it has progressively gone down hill in my opinion. Unfortunately,. my last stay will likely be my last, despite the location, which is closest to my office. This last visit the hotel was packed, so there was a huge wait to check in, even late at night, and with my SPG status. The room I received was one of the larger suites, but it was really just a huge waste of space. The layout of the furniture was spartan at best. Most disturbingly, the room reeked of mildew and the linens seemed old and tired, long overdue for replacement. This property is undergoing an expansion, so construction noise was also a problem. After 1 night, the mildew was aggravating my allergies, so i asked to be switched to a different room. The room I was moved to was tiny, cramped and dark, and the view looked out on to a lower rooftop, where at 6 am, a construction crew convened. At $279 a night, I expect more. I won't be staying at this Sheraton again anytime soon.

Date of stay: November 2006
1  Thank mslll75
Reviewed December 30, 2006

The Seattle Sheraton is an old hotel (as far as hotels go), and a major renovation of the public areas and construction of a new a tower are underway with completion scheduled for May, 2007. In the meantime, hotel public areas are virtually nonexistent except for the mezzanine level on which meeting rooms are located. The carpeting in this expansive area, by the way, is a series of white rectangles on a dark background, and it was busy enough in appearance to almost make me dizzy! Reception is a temporary desk crammed into the corner of what was probably just a hallway leading to a side exit (temporarily the main entrance).

If the lack of a grand stylish entrance bothers you, pick another hotel. Unfortunately, the Sheraton (Starwood) website does not disclose this information, so one's arrival at the hotel can be quite jarring and disappointing. Service, however, is very cordial especially under difficult physical conditions.

The rooms seem more updated and well maintained. My partner and I stayed on the 32nd floor (club level) and had access to a nice lounge that provided evening wine and munchies as well as a large continental breakfast in the morning. Complimentary wireless internet access was available in the lounge and access in the room was via an ethernet link. The Sheraton bed is as comfortable as any with a fluffy duvet and silky smooth sheets.

A very nice, though small, pool is located on the 35th floor; however, it was long enough to do laps. Next to the pool is a well equipped fitness room with up-to-date cardiovascular equipment. The only problem here is a lot of equipment crammed into a relatively small space. It was quite dramatic using treadmill while overlooking downtown Seattle from 35 floors up!

I wouldn't consider dining at the Sheraton until construction is complete. A breakfast and dinner buffet are available in the Cirrus Lounge on the 35th floor, but it's clear this is being offered as a stopgap measure. There are many choices for restaurants at all hours very close to the hotel. (Parenthetically, I do remember coming to the Sheraton in the early 80's when one of Seattle's finest restaurants was located in the hotel. Perhaps that will happen again.)

In summary, staying at the Sheraton isn't unpleasant. It just feels functional and not especially elegant, and this is all due to the hotel being in transition. Like a restaurant that has just changed chefs, judgement should be deferred until a later time.

Date of stay: December 2006
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 665philipw
Reviewed December 28, 2006

Be careful with this hotel. They will cheat you. When I called to make a reservation for a government conference I was told the hotel was completely sold out. I requested to be put on a waiting list and they took my name. A few days later a co-worker called and was able to book a room and received the government rate. I called the hotel and asked why I wasn't called. They gave me the run around and said an opening came up. I asked if an an opening came up, why didn't they call me since I was on the waiting list. They agreed to give me a room (hmmm...thought they were sold out) but said they couldn't accomodate all the nights of my stay. But they would not give me the government rate even though they gave it to my co-worker who called AFTER I did. There is major construction going on at this hotel. In addition, the hotel is not very nice. They don't have a business center, gift shop, or wireless internet. They only have one place to eat and the prices are outrageous for very average food. Whatever you do, don't stay at this hotel. There are many other nice hotels who will accomodate their guests. The Seattle Sheraton has no sense of customer service. Avoid this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2006
Reviewed December 19, 2006

This hotel has everything - tremendous staff, great location, spotless rooms and a fantastic pool. When I booked the trip, I got a great promotional rate on Hotwire since it was a slow preholiday weekend. Due to massive power outages, the hotel was suddenly booked to capacity. The staff handled the crowds with speed and courtesy. There were tons of happy kids enjoying the amazing pool. There is construction taking place, but you'd never know it. Room service dinner was fine,although a little slow due to the crowds. The hotel is so centrally located, finding a restaurant is easy. It's a five minute walk to the Public Market and shopping is closer than that. The views of the city were great from the room, and the beds were very comfortable.Previous reviewers complained about the price of parking, but $25 is average overnight in the area. I can't think of a negative thing to say about this hotel!

Date of stay: December 2006