“Pretty typical Sheraton - very convenient”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Concord, California
“Pretty typical Sheraton - very convenient”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went for my fiance's conference, and I went along to enjoy the sights. Because of his conference we had free internet access in the room, but normally there is a fee and that's something that always gripes me.

The room was very comfortable and spacious, but the bed was on the hard side. Both of us were having hip pain and and back pain from the mattress that was too firm.

We had no issues with the staff, in fact everyone with whom we interacted were professional and more than willing to help. Concierge took care of our dinner reservations every night, which were usually large parties because of the inclusion of my fiance's colleagues, We had a problem with the TV not getting all of the channels it was supposed to and they sent up someone to fix it within a half hour. We asked to be supplied with extra towels and they were delivered within a half hour too. Housekeeping was great every day, and the day that I was in the room working she just worked around me and was very quick and efficient.

The lobby has a great lounge with a large screen TV and since we were there during the World Cup there was a lot of activity down there. We did go down and have drinks a couple of times and it was very nice.

Perfect location if you're looking to stay downtown, and very accessible by public transporation as well as a taxi line. I wouldn't want to drive in downtown Seattle - it was very congested and it would have cost a daily fee to park a car at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to know that you enjoyed our convenient location and had several great experiences in the Fountain Wine Bar. I do apologize that you had a problem with the TV in your room but I am glad our Engineering team was quick to solve the problem. Thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is located on Pike Street and is one of the stops for the hop off hop on bus. It is a modern building with two towers. Our room was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Parking is expensive, but we parked across the street next to the Cheesecake Factory for $30/24 hours. There is paid WiFi which I didn't use...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for selecting the Sheraton Seattle for your Seattle visit! We are super convenient for the hop on hop off buses, the Emerald City Trolley, the Monorail which brings you to Seattle Center and the Space Needle and many other great attractions. We appreciate your review.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Seattle Sheraton has a great location if you are planning on staying downtown. Plenty of access to buses, rapid transit, easy to get anywhere. The staff here is one of the poorest I have experienced. They are rude, could care less about a guest's experience, and take no responsibility for their poor actions or lack thereof. This is not my first visit but the lack of staff that provides hospitality is an ongoing issue.

Room Tip: Corner rooms Union Tower.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
sealizis - thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We do like our location and it is fantastic for anyone needing to get around the city with ease. I am so sorry about your experiences with our staff and am very disappointed to hear this. I would very much like to discuss this in more detail so I can understand what occurred directly from you. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was at this hotel for five nights, attending a professional conference. The staff, including reception, concierge, and housekeeping, were friendly and helpful. They made me feel that my comfort and convenience was their utmost concern. Although my room was very close to the elevators, every night was quiet and I could have thought I was the only person on my floor. The bed and bedding, in keeping with Sheraton's reputation, were perfect for sleeping and relaxing with a good book. The room was clean with wonderful amenities. I chose to forego housekeeping in order to take advantage of the $5 coupon, which really helped me stretch my budget. The Daily Grill kiosk, where I used the coupons, was a great place to grab a latte in the morning and a sandwich or salad for dinner in my room.
The hotel is located in the hotel district of Seattle, close to the Mono-rail and Link. I spent most of my time walking. It took me about 30 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Space Needle, but I always felt safe and the city itself is very interesting to explore. The hotel is very close to the waterfront as well as many popular restaurants and shops.
My only complaint about the Sheraton is that the floor plan is a bit of a maze. One street entrance in particular always got me going in the wrong direction as I tried to find the elevators to my room. Just be forewarned if, like me, you have a perpetually poor sense of direction.

Room Tip: Just be sure you take advantage of the opportunity to be "green" and get a $5 coupon. Stay...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for submitting feedback regarding your stay with us! We really appreciate you mentioning that we enhanced your stay with our Make a Green Choice Program! Glad to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed as it is designed to have you remark just as you did. Our associates take their commitment to guest service very seriously and I could not be prouder of them for that. We promise the same level of service the next time you visit, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed several days here for a conference in the hotel, if seemed quite busy at the time, however amazed at how courteous and friendly the staff were. From check in to check out, every staff I encountered went out of their way to assist. The hotel looked renovated and has a great place off the lobby for seating and Starbucks coffee available! Great hotel, great staff helped to make my trip more than just business!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. We pride ourselves for having professional, friendly associates who truly love what they do. We are glad that you enjoyed your time while in Seattle.
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was with my husband at a conference & was here for 4 nights. We had a king room on the Starwood members floor with a view of Union Square. The bed was very comfortable. It was a big room with a large desk with a chair. Our room had a coffee pot that made individual cups of coffee & Starbucks coffee was provided. A nice snack basket was in the room with a variety of items to purchase. The lobby was very nice - it had lots of chairs & was a great place to meet friends. The hotel is in a great location to walk to many attractions & catch the monorail to the Space Needle. I walked to Pike's Market & even to Pioneer Square.

Some items that stood out are - The night stands were only glass top tables which had no drawers or shelves. There were only 2 drawers to put clothes in which was not enough space for the 2 of us esp. if we had stayed longer. The lighting in the room was very good but could have been brighter in the bathroom. Also the bathroom was an older style & had 1 sink with an open shelf. The bed had a down lite blanket which made noise (the fabric rustled / made crackling sounds) when you moved at night. At night when going to sleep, I noticed there was an orange/red light which came from the back of the TV that continually flashed. I don't know if that could have been fixed since I didn't call the front desk but it would have been better without the flashing.

We did have some trouble with our keys not always working & had to have them rekeyed. It was frustrating for my husband when he went to the fitness center & then tried to get back to our room. His key did not work on our room door & had to wait for security to let him back in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We greatly value guest feedback and would like to express our sincere appreciation for your helpful insights. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our location, guestroom views and furnishings. We are disappointed to hear that you encountered issues with your key cards. They can occasionally be deactivated when stored in the same place as a cell phone or other electronic devices. (I have deactivated mine with the magnet that closes my purse.) Thank you again for your feedback.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Beautiful place, pleasant enough staff, They lost a point for no free wifi in room I believe they charged $10.00 which is a lot, especially since you get free wifi in the lobby and even walking the streets near the hotel. So strangers can sit on your steps and use wifi, but paying guests can't get wifi in room. Other than that everything was fantastic, great gym, computers set up in the lobby for use, multiple sitting areas and areas for watching television which many folks enjoyed as world cup games were on. Breakfast was free to certain guest (I think it should be for all) typical continental breakfast (except i can get my juice in a fancy glass) Great choices too. Lots of great shopping in the area, restaurants and the space needle was not too far away along with other great spots. Also, comfy bed. :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We're delighted to know you found our hotel beautiful and enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are really comfortable! Thanks for selecting the Sheraton Seattle for your stay.