“Great location”

Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Recently stayed here while in Seattle. Very modern room without complaints. Got excellent rate through Hotwire. Centrally located close to almost everything in downtown Seattle. My only complaint is that my preference is for a little more intimate boutique hotel and this feels a little large and hard to navigate for my taste. It also was a little impersonal.

Room Tip: I used Hotwire and I believe I got a lower floor as a result. I still heard no noise from rooms abo...
Green Features: They had appropriate receptacles for recycling and signs to not make beds. There shampoo bottles were extremely small which I appreciated the lack of waste.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We're pleased we had the opportunity to have you stay with us and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thanks for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice...exactly what you would expect from a Sheraton...lovely corner room with a water view...QUIET room!...great bright lighting in the bathroom but toilet ran and ran...at the sink hard to find medium temperate water...either HOT or cold...plenty of storage work space and comfortable add'l seating...great grab and go spot next to lobby for really good food and all kinds of drink!!!...easy wi-fi access which was free!...comfortable lobby with plenty of seating options!...loved the opportunity to sample 90+ point wine by the glass for just a few dollars...very accommodating and comfortable hotel...close to everything!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for the review. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay despite the pluming issues. We appreciate that you and Subaru selected the Sheraton Seattle for your national conference.
California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Sheraton shows both the good and the less desirable about this chain.
The staff is very attentive, the rooms and public areas are predictable, the prices are high and then they augment this by nickel and dime charges at every opportunity. Except that the 'nickels' are more likely to be $20. Parking is almost $50 a day, internet $20 and so on.
The rooms are not overly generous in size but comfortably appointed. Surprisingly the beds seemed to be closer to full rather than queen size.
The upper floors gave a nice view of the downtown area although the outer window surface was dirty. From most rooms the Space Needle is blocked by other high rise buildings.
Food is not a high point here, but there are good places nearby.
The Sheraton is centrally located in downtown Seattle. It is convenient to the Conference Center and near the Westlake center for bus and light rail. It's also an easy walk to Pike Place Market, Nordstrom, the Monorail, etc.
The nearby area is relatively clean and pleasant for the inner city.
Arriving traffic is almost always a congested honking tangle.
Surprisingly we observed long check-in lines several times at the front desk during our stay.
We were also charged almost $150 in room and Seattle tourist taxes for a 3-day stay. [not unique to the Sheraton, of course, just the price of staying in Seattle] Fleece the visitors.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and will work to continue to increase the value for price paid. While Seattle is a compressed city as are many other major metroploitan destinations and parking is limited, I can assure you that our parking is comparable to other hotels in the area, please accept our apologies that our team did not mention self parking options nearby that are at a reduced price point. You mentioned a few of my favorite words; convenient, monorail and the Pike Place Market. I appreciate the comments about walking to the market; it is a favorite walking destination of not only me but a vast number of our guests as well! Internet use is complimentary in our lobby.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma
Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have stayed here many times whilst visiting Seattle, it is great, the rooms are nice, the beds are the best I have ever had in a hotel. It is close to pike street markets, downtown and heading up to the university district.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review and recommendation. We really appreciate your loyalty!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here for a week on a business trip and couldn't fault the stay. Great location to explore the city and the views from the rooms are amazing!
Could certainly get used to 24hr gym and the rooftop pool!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I agree with you. The views from the Sheraton Fitness Center are amazing. Thanks for staying with us.
Medford Lakes NJ
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was here on business and stayed in a two bay suite in the Pike Place tower. The room was lovely, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit dated and smallish and some of the furnishings in the room were a bit banged up. The windows and mirrors could have used a good wipedown as well. The worst was the "air conditioning". The fan blew at one speed no matter what setting you had it on so the air circulation was a bit poor and you couldn't get the room cool enough no matter what. The bar was never staffed by more than two people which made for some pretty long waits for cocktails, and food service wasn't much better. I had room service one evening and the food was outstanding. It apparently comes from the Daily Grill, the hotel's restaurant, but the foold and service were nowhere near as good as the room service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello jujicam~

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I have passed your comments along to my colleagues, so that we may continue to refine and improve our service. And please always feel free to inform our staff of any highlights or challenges you experience during your stay. We are always ready and willing to make sure your visit is as comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmly,
~Steven Brogan
Front Desk Manager
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I booked this hotel blind, using Hotwire. I specified downtown and 4 star. Rates for other 4 star properties were going for $200+, but I got this for $149.00. So far, so good!
First, the location can't be beat. It's in the middle everything and only a couple of blocks from the Westwood light rail stop. You can take the light rail from the SeaTac airport for around $2.75. Takes around 35 minutes to get to the end of the line-Westwood. A taxi, I was told was in the $40-50 range. Easy choice for me. Got off at Westwood, walked a block and saw the Sheraton tower right away. Check in was efficient and I was directed to a double, non smoking room on the 8th floor. No view, but it got in late and was departing for my cruise the next day. The beds were comfortable, the room was spacious and they had complimentary Starbucks coffee.
Wi fi was not free, however. It was $10.95 per 24 hours. The bathroom was nice, although not luxurious. The only quibble I had was that there was mold in the grout of the shower. Fairly minor, but also an easy fix.
The taxi to the pier was $10. I found the service at the hotel to be way above average. Upon check in, the clerk even asked when I would be departing the next day so that housekeeping wouldn't disturb me. Nice touch. The bell men were also friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Couldn't say. Stayed at back of hotel-no view
Green Features: Loved the idea of the hotel crediting $5 /day if you did not use housekeeping services. I, for one can hang my towel and reuse it, as well as pull up the bed covers. I thought this was a win/win situation for the guests and the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo