“Great location!”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stay in this hotel because it's walking distance to Convention Center, the Fish Market, the Aquarium (well, that's a bit far). The service was good and there are so many restaurants around the hotel, so it is an ideal hotel for people who wants to explore downtown Seattle.
Note that the overnight parking is expensive, so take the Light Link Rail from SeaTec to the hotel, it's easy and comfy!

• Stayed: April 2014
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hello RaymondOC168~

Thank you for your review, and the nice compliment for our friendly staff. We definitely are in a great spot for touring around Seattle or heading to a local convention. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2014

In the interest of being balanced, there are some definite pros, while the negatives considerably outweigh the positives and I will never stay here again, here are the good points I experienced:

As Platinum was upgraded to a nice suite, a bit dated, but spacious, wet bar, bigger than average mini bar type fridge.

Ordered room service (wasn't planning on it, but details under negatives) and had a cheeseburger that was delicious, hot, delivered quickly, and reasonably priced.

The bed was very comfortable.

Location is great, as with many downtown hotels, you are walking distance from almost anywhere you'd want to be, especially Pike Market.

Now, starting with the minor negatives....

Went to the bar Friday night at about 10:40, it was very busy and they seemed overwhelmed for the number of staff on. Was able to order a drink from the bartender almost ten minutes later. Asked to order food, and was told kitchen closes at 10:45. I asked if they could check, could get room service to the bar etc.
Bartender came back over a few minutes later and said he couldn't do anything - interesting as he didn't speak with anyone or pick up a phone. Also, all the printed and other material indicates the kitchen is open until 11 p.m. Which is it? 10:45 or 11?
Was able to just get a room service order in as main room service also ends at 11. From 11 am until 2 am, they just have a few things. It's unusual for a big city hotel like this not to offer 24h room service, but I believe it ends at 2 a.m.

Trying to reach someone...
Called Sunday morning to have car brought up from valet, only no one answered the phone. I tried Guest Services, Parking, Housekeeping, Room Service, Operator for about ten minutes and finally reached the manager on duty.
She was insistent that as they were busy, unable to bring the car around, and to go downstairs and present the ticket. I asked if I could speak to the Manager on duty (this was before I knew I was speaking to her), and she gruffly told me she was. I plead my case to no avail., promptly went downstairs, presented ticket and waited and waited to get car, while many other cars were sitting in the driveway. In fact, to leave, I had to obstacle course, back out the entrance around them.

Since that time, I've been told that they didn't realize I was platinum and would have retrieved my car. If you are going to charge $40 for valet, offer valet services! In the end, they removed the parking charges.

Now, for the finale that earns them a single star...

I drove from Vancouver to Seattle, and upon stopping for gas on the return trip Sunday after checkout, I washed the back window on my SUV and noticed the entire rear spoiler was missing/torn off.

Ford Edge which isn't that high and only a few thousand miles on it.

Valet ticket clearly indicated no damage upon check in.

Thinking back, after I checked in Friday evening, I returned a few minutes later to drive to Seatac from the hotel to pick up my girlfriend. On the drive, we heard a loud noise which I would later learn was the rear trim being ripped from the roof.

Having been to my Ford dealer, spoken with Ford themselves., etc., the only way this could have happened is due to damage to the spoiler from an impact from above or against the spoiler. After supplying photographs, damage estimate, copy of valet ticket etc., to valet company, long story short, they are denying my claim as they could not find evidence they acted negligently.

Parking is run by ACE Parking, and a separate company and the hotel takes no responsibility. However, when they decided to deny my claim several days later, it was the hotel manager who called me to tell me.

So, no more Sheraton Seattle for me, and I will decide what further action to pursue.

Your luck may vary, this is my experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello ckccan~

Thank you for your balanced review. I am so sorry that the negative experiences during your stay have outweighed the positives. On the other hand your feedback allows us to clearly see where we can improve our service, and for that I am grateful. So that we may further discuss your stay, I invite you to contact me at your convenience. I look forward to our conversation.

steven.brogan@sheraton.com

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my second time at this hotel in Seattle and I wish it'd gone better. The location is very central and the staff are nice. But here's my ordeal:
Got ready for bed at 10.30pm, found (ah!!) red stains on the lining (I really dont want to know what it was, it was red, that's all I needed to know to call Laundry) oh and a ball of hair on the duvet. Yes!
Called Laundry, "we are so sorry, the new clean duvet + bed covers will be up shorty".
11.15 pm and I am still the owner of the suspiciously red-stained covers and getting very tired, called again.
"Sorry, we'll be up shorty". This time they meant it. The laundry lady came up with new covers, apologized which I gladly accepted.
But when the new duvet was flattened on my bed, another ball of hair on the new duvet. Yikes, more apologies came my way, the duvet was collected and the lady ran down to get me a new one. The problem? Sometimes the third time is not the charm. The third duvet that came up was also hairy!
At this point, the nice laundry lady is very embarrassed and its near midnight so I decided to relieve her of having to redo this futile exercise, and told her I'd go without the duvet and make do. Also made the conscious decision not to investigate my new linings any further for the fear of finding new stuff, closed my eyes, hoped for the best, and went to sleep - finally.

From the explanations the staff gave me it seems they have contracts with some dry cleaner for the duvets and voila, you get hairy duvets which are really no fun at all. I assure you.
They tried to compensate me for the woolly mammoth bed I was offered by a $50 credit for breakfast at the Daily Grill. Though I appreciated the gesture and did use the credit, I left the hotel feeling a bit uncomfortable. Needless to say all my belonging went directly into the washer/dryer when I got home.
The problem is that my most basic expectations when I stay at a hotel are: a safe place and a clean bed - those are musts - so although the hotel is safe and the staff were really nice and apologetic, it's safe to say the bed was not clean, hence the 2 stars.
Stay only if you are not fussy about the state of your linings.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for clean linings and duvets ahead of time!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hello Wishing4moreTrips~

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent trip to the Seattle Sheraton. I feel terrible that you had such an unpleasant experience with the housekeeping of your room and that you had to contact us multiple times without a positive end result. It is definitely not the experience we seek to provide at Sheraton. For our failure I am truly sorry, and I will be working closely with our housekeeping department to prevent this issue in the future. I do greatly value your business with our hotel, and would like to leave you with my contact information so you may work directly with me on your next booking, or if you would like to further discuss your stay. I hope the rest of your stay and visit to Seattle went well, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

steven.brogan@sheraton.com

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel is at a great location and offers good overall service with club lounge and updated gym.
However, SPG really needs to think about the basics of modern day travelers. There are no electric switches near the bed? Even the lamps have no plugs in them?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your rave review of our service and club lounge! We recently added a VIP/Club Manager and she is making a true impact on the experience for our most loyal guests! I am so sorry that you did not have a plug close by for your devices! You are so right, with all of the future room renovation and designs Starwood continues to invest in technology and include these features. We are currently searching for a solution to add to our nightstands to assist with this basic necessity and look forward to your return visit when you can utilize it!

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was put up at the Seattle Sheraton for an entire week, the week before last. The conference I was attending paid for the room and got the cheapest room possible. They made the reservation through a service so I was unable to add my Starwood number (and the hotel had no idea of my status).

Regardless, when they learned of my status they gave me a double-upgrade without my asking.

I got a huge suite. The bedroom was fully upgraded and while the living room was not, it was clean and well maintained (most of this hotel has been upgraded it seems but not all ... ). The service was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive. I stay at a ton of hotels and am pretty picky when it comes to service. The staff at the Seattle Sheraton was OUTSTANDING!

Better than most Starwood properties ....

I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: As for a corner room, they're larger than most and have a nice layout.
1  Thank Stephen G

Thank you so much for the nice comments! We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and the Sheraton Seattle! We are glad to hear that we were able to accomodate and recognize your Starwood Preferred Guest Membership Level!

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Visited this hotel in winter 2013 for one night. The hotel is large and is showing its age. That being said the service from staff was awesome. The location really can't be beat for downtown Seattle. The bed was so comfortable. It might have been the best sleep I've had all year. The lack of free wifi in the room is annoying but available in the lounge downstairs. The cleanliness could use some work as the bathroom clearly had a few areas that housekeeping regularly skips over. Overall, I was very happy with the experience and will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hawkfan22

Hello Hawkfan22~

Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad to hear our staff was able to take such great care of you, and your high praise for our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattress is much appreciated. Also, thank you for your housekeeping feedback. With it we can work to improve our offerings. I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Sheraton Seattle soon Hawkfan22.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Yes, you read right. I believe somebody else highlighted this. You use a phone card so you do not have to pay the hotel fees, or roaming charges on the cell, and than you get hit with $2+ for every call. Seriously? It is not 1980... people....

At least if they would stipulate that somewhere in their brochures and such that you find in the room, but nothing. Anyway, lesson learned. Stay away from Sheraton

Beside that, the hotel is nice and clean. I stayed in the Union tower which I hear that is nicer

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

botmi - thank you for choosing to stay with us and appreciate the feedback with your review. We do have a phone card that sits next to the phone that explains the various phone charges. It sounds as if this might have been missing and apologize for that miss. I would like to refund your phone charges as a gesture of goodwill and would ask that you reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com when you have a moment.

Trevor