“3 star hotel at 4 star prices”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the pike tower club floor, the room was nice however the shower did not drain and there were small stains on the floor. The beds are very comfortable but if you need 2 beds, they only offer double. Parking is 40 dollars a night and you can't call to have your car waiting. I left my phone and had to walk all the way to my car to get it, which really defeats valet parking. I always get a club room for the free breakfast and snacks in the evening but yogurt and juice are not worth the extra cost and the evening snacks are no better. I will say the location is great, the hotel is located just a few blocks from Pikes market and the monorail which can take you to the space needle closely but so are many hotels in this area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Mickey A - Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience. We are very proud of our location in downtown and yes there are many easy places to visit right from our front door! I am very sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations with some of our services and do take this feedback as a valuable training tool for us to work with. I would, very much, like to discuss more about your experience and would ask that you reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so we can connect.

Trevor

Write a ReviewReviews (4,761)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Arrived at Sheraton, Seattle 6.50pm approx. and due to a queue at check-in it was 7.35pm before I reached the desk. The queue was almost out the door and initially only two staff trying to cope. I felt sorry for the staff. The hotel restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. Food was excellent. The room was generic of a business hotel and was comfortable and clean, however the artwork (paintings/prints) was hideous. Coming from the UK I usually buy a phone card which is 1-800 number - a toll-free number. All hotels I've stayed in so far across the USA do not charge for this, so I was surprised to find this hotel charged $2.19 for every call (calls to UK only cost 4c per min via phone card). For this reason I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. Unfortunately, as much as we would like to provide complimentary calls for all of our guests we charge to cover the infrastructure necessary to support the service. Providing service throughout our 1236 rooms does carry with it expenses that cannot be added to the room rate as that is shopped against our competitors. During your next visit please take advantage of our Sheraton Club level that offers complimentary 1-800 number calls and Internet access as well!
Please accept our apologies for your disappointment. Thank you again for your feedback!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My college aged daughter and I stayed here one night on a Spring Break trip. We had a positive experience. This is a very good large, standard 4 star business hotel. Nothing really stands out as exceptional in our experience, but no negatives whatsoever for us. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean, well-appointed and super comfy. I would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay at our hotel. We receive excellent reviews on our location and comfort of our rooms, we are so pleased that you agree! I was delighted to read your comments on fast, clean and comfortable rooms and service! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having stayed at several 4 star rated hotels this past year, I can honestly say Sheraton Seattle Hotel is the worst. Frankly I am having trouble wrapping my head around how this particular establishment met the requirements. The first individual I spoke with prior to coming was short with me and sounded irritated that I was bothering her. I expect that sort of customer service at Motel 6, not a 4 star hotel in Seattle. The rest of the staff was varying degrees of slightly more pleasant but not enough to actually make me feel welcome. I know it might be petty but I despise automated systems, especially when I am forced to cycle through several times only to get a canned message telling me that I cannot, in fact, call down to the valet and have my car waiting. I like speaking to people, that's why I chose a 4 star hotel in Seattle. On top of the poor customer service. the room was dingy, poorly lit, the bathroom lock did not work, the bathroom fan did not work, and there was dried citrus fruit of some sort. I am not sure what variety because it had been missed so many times by housekeeping that it had become unidentifiable. If you are used to 3 star hotels you might be satisfied. I did hear of another tower that was better but if a hotel is rated 4 stars the entire establishment should be held to that standard, not just the new part. I don't expect to ever stay here again nor do I recommend anyone play room roulette at Sheraton Seattle Hotel.

"An apology without action is just another insult"

If you've seen this review on other websites, it's because I don't want to miss anyone.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
4  Thank Joshua S

Joshua - I would like to discuss some specific actions we have done based upon your challenging experience. The description of your encounters makes me very uncomfortable and am sorry you experienced these interactions that fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so we can coordinate a time to speak.

Trevor

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Sheraton Seattle Hotel seems like a typical urban conference hotel in a lot of ways. It's very large, rather anonymous, but it fulfills its function pretty well. This facility is split into two towers, the Pike and the Union. Our room was in the Union, which seems to be the newer of the two. The room was a reasonable size and was clean. I found the bed, and the sheets in particular, to be very comfortable. The only downside of the room was the fact that the closet (which also contains the safe) was very dark. It made it difficult to find things because of the lack of light. On a positive note, this is probably the quietest hotel room I've stayed in over the last several years. There seems to be a good deal of soundproofing between the rooms and there is very limited sound-carry from the hall into the room. It made for a good night's sleep.

The hotel is very conveniently located with many shops and restaurants nearby. The Pike Place Market is just five blocks away. The staff seemed pleasant and reasonably efficient. I'd consider staying here when in Seattle again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Union Tower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Filmprof
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding the comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and the quiet nights rest you received.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Apparently you have to pay extra for the 4-star rating. Our floor (26) in the Pike Tower was gloomy, dingy, sloppy and dark. The room was no better. Crappy view, totally outdated furnishings, and we even found a rotten lemon that housekeeping overlooked! Joy. The bathroom door lock was broken and so was the fan. I saw other people with kids on our floor and wonder if the crappy floors aren't reserved for us. As an SPG member I was blown away with the lack of amenities here. The street noise was insane, the front desk and valet didn't answer the phone when we called half of the time and the no smoking signs outside of the hotel were ignored. Every time we walked out the doors with our kids the cloud of smoke from people smoking in the stairwell was overwhelming, not to mention ridiculously tacky. And what 4-star hotel doesn't have a doorman? I read that our side of the hotel was the older side but that shouldn't matter. Worst 4-star I've ever stayed in, we will definitely stay at a Kimpton hotel next time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Burl B, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear elissalane,
We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to resolve this, if we can. Please contact me directly so we can turn this situation around.
Thank you for sharing your comments, we sincerely value our guests feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve our services.
Burl Battersby
Burl.Battersby@Sheraton.com
Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Such a clean room, wonderful bed, awesome amenities. Just a great stay in a wonderful city. We had great walking distance to our locations. Would like to see free WIFI in the rooms though not just the lobby - pay enough in staying there that a perk for travelers would be the WIFI.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Seattle is a great city and it is nice to know you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton. Thanks for the review.