“Expensive ”

Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Expensive ”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Firstly room spotlessly clean, staff on reception fantastic apart from one young lady on the phone who was very abrupt and cold in her manner.

I ordered a hamburger room service and a lemonade which came to nearly $35.00 including tip. I'm a big advocate of SPG but this seemed really expensive and the burger, presentation was nothing to shout about. A friend also came to visit and parked his car for less than an hour and it was $16.00.

Considering there is a CheeseCake Factory 2 minutes walk from the hotel I would have paid half the amount and it would have been better quality.

As I said I'm a big fan of SPG but seriously the room service prices need looking at as I believe they are way over priced. I wouldn't have minded if the burger meat was Kobi beef!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Typically we receive great compliments on the service and food from room service which is prduced by our Daily Grill. I am so sorry to hear that your hamburger was not what it should have been. This is highly unusual and I will pass this information on to the Daily Grill Manager. In spite of this experience, I am glad that you had a great stay with us and we would welcome a return visit and please try the burger in Loulay Bar and Kitchen located in our building on the corner of 6th and Union Streets I am certain that you would find that product to be of the highest quality and best price in town!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent four nights at this hotel as part of a very large writers' conference. Although this huge property was completely sold out, I experienced none of the problems that usually plague this event, held in a different city each year: none of the usual lines to the elevators, no loud noises in the halls at 2 a.m., and no shortage of pleasant staff. By contrast, this Sheraton was quiet, lovely and extremely well run. You can't beat the downtown location, within walking distance of Pike's Market, the waterfront, the art museum and dozens of wonderful restaurants and bars. (Even though I'm not a fan of hotel restaurants, their excellent and beautifully appointed Loulay was a welcome surprise -- though I must say I did not have one bad meal in all of Seattle!) A great experience all around.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quiet and often offer great city views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thanks for the terrific feedback. We are pleased that your experience was very positive during your conference and that you found the hotel quiet, lovely and well run. Our team had a great time with your group.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I took my wife down for a work convention. We enjoyed the surroundings in Downtown Seattle...Pike Place Market, Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass and a Seahawks Game.

The hotel is nicely appointed with a good bar and restaurants, the room was average and what I expected with a nice view looking NW towards the waterfront. Bed was a comfortable kingsize and the room is a little larger than your average city core hotel. We stayed on the SPG floor.

The location of the hotel is what makes this place, and the price is right for work, or weekend in one of the nicest cities that I visit. Watch out for parking, it is a little pricey. If you can avoid bringing a car do so...you can walk, cab, or monorail to most places that you would want to go for a weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Seattle.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed at this Sheraton before for both business and pleasure (my husband and I are both SPG members). We love the location and the club lounge is a nice one. However, this last stay in January 2014 did not end well. My husband inadvertently left some toiletries in a dresser drawer. We didn't care about most of the items but one item is particular was his mouth retainer and bite splint. They were in a green case. He called the hotel that same day we checked out and the hotel said they would check both the room and housekeeping's lost and found. They called back to say that they had found nothing. The items cost us over $608 to replace (after insurance) and the Sheraton management refuses to even acknowledge the fact that the housekeeping staff likely threw them out, let alone offer to even partially reimburse us. I am a platinum SPG member but with this kind of customer service, I think I'll stay at the Marriott the next time I or my husband are in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at the Sheraton Seattle. We are disappointed to hear about your most recent experience and would like to express our sincere apologies for what you encountered. We would love to the opportunity to learn more about your stay and try to assist with the lost and found issue. Should time allow, please contact me at madalena.miller@sheraton.com. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a good hotel to stay in, especially if you have to do do anything at the Convention Center, which is across the street. The rooms are spacious, the beds and furnishings clean and comfortable, and the noise level can be a little loud at night, but for the most part, it's reasonably quiet. One night someone sat on the corner across the street and banged drums until midnight, so that was annoying, but the hotel had nothing to do with it. The Sheraton even give you vouchers you can spend at any of the shops or restaurants in the hotel if you don't have the maids come in every day of your stay. It's fully equipped with a great restaurant, a very noisy but popular bar, shops, stop and go Starbuck's, and probably some other things I never found. They don't offer a complimentary breakfast buffet like many hotels, but you can eat breakfast in the restaurant. The drawback, though, for me was that they charge about $12.95 per day to use the internet. Come on, today everyone uses the internet, and it should be free in a decent hotel. They also charge about $30 a day in taxes and a Seattle Convention tax of $2 a day, so these are things they don't tell you. Still, it's central, updated, and a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We appreciate your review and are happy you enjoyed your time in Seattle, minus the drum solo. Thanks for trying our "Green" option. We are proud to have been a trail blazer for the Make a Green Choice program which we started here in late 2008. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Lovely room, very comfortable. Very friendly staff at check in and help desk. Good location for downtown, shopping, Pike Place market etc. Great service and breakfast in the restaurant (Daily Grill). Easy to get to from the metro station.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I have always been proud of our associates, and reviews like yours remind me why – they truly understand guest service. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay and we hope you will do so again in the future. We would love another opportunity to be of service!
Berkeley, California
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel was well set up for attending conferences at the convention center. They were also helpful when we wanted to change the type of room we rented from a double to a room with a King bed. Everything was clean, and reasonably well organized. Lighting was fine, and the curtains mostly shielded the room from the bright lights outside. We had a terrific view from the 20th floor. The pool is a little shallow for water exercise, but ok for laps (supposedly 4 feet, but filled to about 3.5 feet, and I think 12 meters long). There's a large fitness center with elliptical trainers and other machines. There is no shower in the fitness/pool area, and minimal changing space, which given the size and the setup of the hotel is a bit of a hassle. The lobby is handy for talking to colleagues. The onsite restaurant has ok breakfast food, and is a good space for conversation. My main complaint is that they charge to pay for wifi in the rooms, which seems to be a nickle and diming kind of thing given the room prices, and the fact that the hotel is set up for people who attend conferences. Also, while there is a mini-bar, there is not refrigerator space, so one can't store leftovers, or food for breakfast.

Room Tip: The pool and fitness center are in Pike Tower, while you have to walk across the lobby, or floors wi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks for providing feedback regarding your stay. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your guest room along with the view, location and our fitness center. We do provide complimentary internet access in our Link@Sheraton located in the lobby.