“Great location, excellent value”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Calgary, Canada
“Great location, excellent value”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great location - very central to everything I wanted - shopping, pikes place and more shopping.

The room was large enough to accommodate 3 big pieces of luggage and TONS of shopping. It was a clean room was a nice cityscape view.

Pool on the top floor was a great bonus - gives really nice views.
Had a nice bar with affordable drinks which is always enjoyed. Couldn't find a concierge but the staff at the check in counter were extremely helpful and kind. Great service received would make me return to this hotel.

I wish there had been a self park option, only offered valet. However, across the street u can park for $34 not a bad deal at all. (I think this applies to weekends only).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We are happy to hear that the great service you received during your stay will bring you back to our hotel. I'm glad you got to do tons of shopping. There are so many wonderful shops in the downtown area and I bet you were able to fill your three suitcases without any problem. I especially like the boutiques on First Avenue. Thanks for the nice compliments regarding our great location, views, Sheraton Fitness Center and the Fountain Wine Bar. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Location, location, location. Yes, the location is ideal, but there are niggling things that aren't up to snuff.

The beds: These are hard. Now I know there are those that prefer a firm surface, but waking up with a dead forearm doesn't cut it for me, personally.

The service: Dodgy. Unable to check out at 6 am because there was nobody in sight. At all.

The "green" policy: I can't bear cost-cutting to be presented as an ecologically responsible alternative. You don't want to service the room? Fine. Give me a discount. But as a green alternative? Give me a break.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Burl B, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
GranmaEm - Thank you for your review and I want to apologize for your experiences. We do appreciate when our guests bring issues to our attention so that we may learn from our mistakes. Thank you for sharing your experience with the bed. I also want to personally apologize that there wasn’t someone at the desk when you came to check-out in the morning. I will share this with our Front Office team to ensure we understand and learn from this situation.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our Make a Green Choice program. This program is an option for guests who would like to opt out of housekeeping services for the day in return for a discount voucher for food and beverage or Starwood Preferred Guest Points.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will have an opportunity to come stay with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Burl.Battersby@Sheraton.com.

Burl Battersby,
Director of Rooms at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great property right downtown in walking distance to most restaurants and shopping. The rooms are very modern and most have great views. The only serious drawback is the do not offer on site self parking, only valet, at a Whopping $46 per night! I've paid less to park in NYC!

Room Tip: Ask to be in the north tower
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seattle Hotel for your recent visit. We are delighted to hear that you explored the city and found our location to be a nice hub to all that Seattle has to offer. I know parking in the downtown area is expensive, but please be assured that our parking rate is comparable to the other downtown hotels. We do recommend a self parking lot that is kitty-corner to one of our hotel entrances (next to the Cheesecake Factory). Our valets are happy to provide information on other parking options close to the hotel. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The location of this hotel is the best thing about it - it is superb. You can walk to the waterfront and Pike Place market in 10-15 minutes. It is next to the Washington convention centre and surrounded by all the great shops, two shopping centres and many, many great restaurants including the Cheescake Factory which we loved.

This is a very well appointed hotel but there is some feedback that I would like to make.

I was disappointed that 'preferred guest' bedrooms have their own elevator and are marked as preferred guest (wey to go for the rest of us that still pay $155 per night!). The pool is nice but it's hard to find and you only get a robe if you are a preferred guest.

Upon check-in I was asked what time my flight home was and a note was made of my check out time. On the day, I was disappointed to learn that no such note had been taken and if I wanted to keep my room I would have to pay. I know that payment for late check out is standard so why offer it and have someone agree to it at check-in?!?

I was also asked if I would like $5 a day to spend in the hotel gift shop if I agreed to not having my room cleaned. I did agree to this but my room was cleaned every day and I did not receive the $5 gift cards. I have to say that the cleaning was a bit strange too. Bedding and bathroom was always spotless but room service trays and glassware was piling up for 3-4 days. The mini bar was not re-stocked and I was charged for 2 x movies that I did not have. I also had a pair of inexpensive pajama bottoms go missing.... go figure!

On the positive side the view from my hotel window was incredible. High rise buildings and the waterfront. Very nice. My room had a window seat which was a real pleasure and black out curtains that I am always grateful for. My room was quiet, a good size and very comfortable. It was easy to sleep here. My in-room safe was easy to use and free. I used the next day laundry service which was prompt and I was very happy with it. The room service menu was great and the hotel concierge was excellent. I sought their advice for hairdressing, theatre and somewhere to go for ribs. The recommendations I got back were really very good.

Public areas are very nicely presented and the hotel has a well stocked gift shop and a nice coffee shop. There is a dedicated boarding pass print out station, a separate computer terminal for the internet and the hotel wifi worked particularly well the whole time I stayed (9 days).

Restaurants I recommend nearby: Chesscake factory for bar snacks and Blueacre for seafood

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Burl B, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
432JJ_London – thank you for your very thorough review and for sharing your comments with us.
We really appreciate our guest’s feedback and utilize this insight as a learning opportunity with our entire team.
I am sorry to hear that we missed the opportunity to make your stay more memorable by offering a late check-out when you arrived and I am also sorry that the Make A Green Choice request you made was not honored. As I said, we use these as learning opportunities and have shared your comments with our team so that we can improve. If you would like to contact me directly please do so at burl.battersby@sheraton.com and thank you again!

Burl Battersby
Director of Rooms
Vancouver
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Its a great location and is a big hotel. Rooms are nice and fresh. Amazing fitness center. Close central business district. The service is very good and the concierge staff were very helpful. I was here for a business conference. I prefer the W line, but the Sheraton is ok. Great BEDS!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators, they are noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and review. Your review is glowing, just the way we like to hear them! We apologize that you did not deem us worth of a higher star rating and would welcome any additional feedback you may have to improve! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at madalena.miller@sheraton.com!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Six Sigma
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

As my review says superb location right in the centre of the city. Shops, restaurants and bars everywhere and there is even a cinema complex across the street. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Staff were friendly. The lobby can get quite hectic and when I checked in there was a huge queue waiting to get to reception. All in all a pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
We appreciate the great review. We are located right in the center of it all! You don't have to look far for great entertainment, shopping and dining, as you pointed out. Thanks for staying with us.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for a professional conference on the Club Level of the hotel. Great complimentary snacks and sodas in the Club Level lounge. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, clean and had nice toiletries. The view from our window would have been a gorgeous scenic view over the water if it had not been covered in streams of pigeon poop. I complained about this only to find out it is a regular problem. The windows are not cleaned that often the lobby is very nice. Every staff member I interacted with was pleasant and professional. There are much better food options outside the hotel for a lot less money. So many choices from quick and easy to elaborate sit down meals with local fare and fresh ingredients. I would stay here again if I knew I could be in a similar room with CLEAN windows. There is an indoor pool. No spa. The hot tub was out of service.

Room Tip: There are two towers to this hotel. Do your homework, read reviews and decide if a little extra mone...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed the Club Level and the benefits that are associated with it. I do apologize that your view was impaired by Seagull droppings. Seattle has a very large Seagull population and occasionally they nest on many of the building rooftops, including ours. Our team works diligently to keep the windows as clean as possible. Despite this aspect of your stay, it is nice to know that you would certainly stay here again. We look forward to welcoming you back.