“Good for a convention center hotel”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I probably would not have picked the Sheraton except for the fact it was steps away from the convention center. That being said we were very satisfied with the stay. We opted for the club level room which entitles you to used of the club room (very nice breakfast daily, appeitizers and snacks in the evening, drinks- soda, coffee, tea, all day. It is a relaxing atmosphere with local papers TV and a nice view. It also enables free internet. For the small additional charge it is a good value. The room itself was nice. Decent appointments and amenities (they actually give you shaving cream, shower gel and a luffah.) I would prefer a refrigerator that could be used as opposed to the mini-bar but the room itself was large enough and relatively comfortable.
As others have stated the location is ideal for walking. If you bring or rent a car the Valet service is expensive ($37.00 per night) but this is the going rate for downtown Seattle. Even the meters downtown are in the $6.00 per hour range.
I might look elsewhere if doing Seattle as a pleasure trip but would definitely stay there again for a convention.

Room Tip: Club rooms are a plus and worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for giving the Sheraton Seattle a try! We are delighted to know that you were very satisfied with your stay and enjoyed all of the amenities that accompany the Club Rooms.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The staff were all very nice. The location is good, only a few blocks to Pike St Market and the monorail. The room was average and not worth the price. There was only 2 bath towels, it would be nice to have an extra. You would think at this price they would offer free internet service and parking but these were both significant extra charges. The only restaurant is The Daily Grill while good was pricey. It would be nice to have a sit down breakfast. We only stayed here as the conference was held at this location. Every time the elevator went up or down there was a loud rushing wind noise in our room. The lobby is nice but nothing special.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your most recent experience at the Sheraton Seattle. We are delighted to hear that you had great staff experiences and enjoyed you meal in our three meal a day restaurant. We are pleased to announce that beginning on December 4th a new restaurant on our opposite corner of our building will open, Loulay! It will serve lunch and dinner initially but in a few months is expected to also feature breakfast so we will have two outstanding sit down breakfast restaurants in our building! I apologize for the noise you heard in your room. While our Director of Engineering is looking into this it would be most helpful to know the room number you stayed in. While Seattle is a compressed city as are many other major metropolitan destinations and parking is limited, I can assure you that our parking is comparable to other hotels in the area. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for mys sister's birthday. We have actually stayed at this hotel several times and it's always nice. I don't know why but we always end up in a room on a higher floor with a nice view overlooking a rooftop garden across the street. It's always very pretty and lit up because we are always there in December. The rooms here are nice. Nothing crazy special but comfortable. I like that the windows are big and puch out so you can actually sit kind of in the window and look outside. Also, always go out to dinner when we stay here and there are a lot of nice restaurants around to pick from without walking far. This last time, we went to Palomino (sp?) which was very nice and basically right across the street. All of the staff that I encountered were nice. Even late at night when we were getting back from our night out. We usually get some sort of deal when we stay here so it's a good value. We will be back again I'm sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

We are grateful for your loyalty and want to express our thanks for your continued support of the Sheraton Seattle. Thank you for sharing our convenient location with our future guests; Seattle has so much to offer and we are happy to be right in the middle of it all. Our Lobby and Fountain Bar can be bustling with guests coming in to view our display of Chihuly Glass and our Fuller's Tsudakowa Fountain. We are delighted to hear that although there was action downstairs your guestroom was the private oasis you wanted and needed after a long day. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

i made the reservation online asking for a room with 2 double beds and a quiet room.
when i arrived, the bellman did not come to my cab to help me with my luggages. he was just standing at his station counter/desk focused on whatever was on the desk. So i helped myself wheeling my stuff to the SPG desk to check in. The staff there was nice and friendly. He looked at my reservation and asked whether a room with king-size bed was fine or would i still want a room with 2 double beds. I said 2 beds. and he said ok. And then he acknowledged my request for a quite room and assured that the room's gonna be nice and quite with a good view. i was quite happy with the service and that the hotel did pay attention to specific requests. But when i got in to my room, i saw a king size bed. This was not the worst part. My room was close to an ice machine, so whenever someone went to get ice, there was loud noise. And then they put family with very small kid(s) next to me, so the crying was bothersome as well.
I would have rated it higher had the hotel not offered the choice of bed types or offered to provide a "quiet room" specifically, or had my requests not been acknowledged at check-in; the higher the expectation, the greater the disappointment i guess.
I think i will go back to W or Westin next time i am in town or try a different hotel line even though Sheraton is indeed a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: The elevator call button on the grant floor isn't that obvious as it is located right below the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback and understand that since this posting you have spoken with our Director of Front Office Matthew. We sincerely apologize for the experience you describe We have reviewed your comments with our teams and can assure you that incidents of this nature are not the norm here and will not occur in the future. We truly appreciate you bringing these matters and your experience to our attention and we would very much appreciate the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days during a work visit. I've been to hotels around the world and particularly in Asia...there was nothing special about Sheraton. The rooms were average, there was no view except other building walls, and for the price we paid..there was certainly no breakfast to go along with it! The Daily grill is marvellous and the location is super...short walk down to Pike's Place and if you're a fan of Cheesecake factory like me...it's right next door. The amenities and the towels were really sad and it made me glad I had brought along all my own stuff...including towels! I'll be trying a different hotel next time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and want to thank you for your continued support. It is a disappointment to read that you did not have the relaxing, comfortable stay we strive to provide to our guests. I apologize that you did not see the value for the price you paid. We would love to hear more about your stay and ask that you contact us directly at madalena.miller@sheraton.com. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I hate being nickel and dimed. You think you are getting a good price but then.......extra charge for wifi, $45 for valet. Yes, it adds up. I don't understand how anyone can charge extra for wifi in this day and age. I guess they want me to wait to get home to write this. That said, the rooms were nice and only minor waits to check in. Only two people at the desk on Friday afternoon with a conference also checking in........Good central location to walk. But, there are better downtown hotels

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear more about the specifics of your stay. Seattle is a compressed city and parking is limited, I can assure you that our parking is comparable to other hotels in the area. We do offer a self-parking lot which is located next to the Cheesecake Factory should that meet your needs on your next visit. Additionally, as a large building we do have complimentary wifi in our lobby area, however, we do have a fee to utilize the infrastructure that we have installed in our building. Should time allow, please contact us at madalena.miller@sheraton.com with any additional feedback or recommendations you would like to provide. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you directly.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really enjoy staying here. The checkin was easy today with no crowds. The service very friendly and efficient. The rooms are great and location is probably one of the best in Seattle right down from Pikes Place and in the middle of the city. Everything is close. Good workout room, there aren't many places better.
However, check your shower. I don't know who does it but the shower head was pointed out into the bathroom. So if you don't check it you get an instant cold shower when you select it. I don't want to say the maid did it but I can't imagine a customer pointing the shower out into the bathroom for any earthly reason. Kinda puts a damper on a good stay. So word to the wise check the shower head before you select the shower option.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are nicer and away from the street noise. Also remember to stay away from the ice machi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you had great service and enjoyed your stay. Onthe other hand it is a disappointment to read that you did not have the relaxing, comfortable stay we strive to provide to our guests, due to the location of your shower head. It is not often that we receive such complaints about our shower head directional issues as you describe. We will be certain to share the specifics of your stay with our housekeeping team so that the issues you experienced may be fixed and do not reoccur.