“Good location, good service, fast check in!”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel offered the fastest check in I have ever experienced at a Sheraton. The staff is very friendly and the property looks fairly new inside. The deluxe rooms are spacious and provided modern amenities. There is complimentary internet and club lounge access for SPG Platinum members but no complimentary water in the room. The hotel process are reasonable for the area and the property is conveniently located near many great restaurants. The concierge was helpful in recommending a great new pan-Asian restaurant called Tanakasan in walking distance of the hotel. I would have given this hotel am excellent rating if they had gotten my room preferences right. Unfortunately, upon check in I was assured that my room was de-feathered but there were feather pillows in the room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. We are happy that you enjoyed our property, spacious rooms and location. I apologize for the situation you experienced with your room. We should have been able to provide you with a feather free room based on the information you provided when making your reservation. We frequently receive requests similar to yours. I have shared your experience with our Housekeeping team. Sheraton Seattle prides itself on excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay. We thank you for your kind comments and hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a perfect stay the next time you are in Seattle.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Huge hotel close to conference center. Choose it because I had business meetings at the hotel. Was a little walk to pike place market but not bad. I found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable. I was in a high floor 37 with 2 queen beds and view of city. Comfortable beds/matress bedding. Doesn't really stand out in terms of luxury or romance. Had lunches with business conference and very good quality food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience from your recent stay. Quiet, comfortable beds and nice views - we appreciate these comments. We always receive great feedback regarding our very talented culinary staff. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Don't go here. My boyfriend and I stayed here Saturday night 11/2/13 and the next day we had bed bug bites on us. Now we have to be afraid and take precaution to make sure they did not follow us home. I had to go to the doctors for the bites because they started to swell. Don't waste your time your money and your valuables.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Meg,

Thank you for speaking with me today on the phone and allowing us to assist you moving forward. If you have any additional needs I may be reached at madalena.miller@sheraton.com. We look forward to being of service in the future.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a great location for downtown Seattle...it is literally in the heart of downtown. My husband found a great deal for us to stay there....we only needed one night. It is a large hotel.. 35 floors in one tower alone. The room was a big enough size, had 2 double beds, and the usual hotel room add-ons....coffee maker etc. There was nothing wrong with the room...it just seemed a little dated. I can't put my finger on exactly what was needing updating...maybe the wallpaper? the furniture? The room was also a little noisy...we could hear people in the rooms around us.

We used the fitness facilities and they were great....beautiful view...and lots of machines. The breakfast in the hotel was a very good value, the waiter gave us a huge deal for the children.

We also used the concierge to help us find a supper place.... she recommended a place that we found overpriced and blah....but that is for another review!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Pretty decent value. I stayed on the 33rd floorHonestly the biggest thing I look for in a hotel is a good bed and the beds at the Seattle Sheraton are decent. The mattress is comfortable and the bedding is good. The location is great if you are doing anything in the conference center as it is right across the street. Also in close proximity to other attractions and shopping. The hotel felt kind of soulless seeing as it is so huge. If you know you like more of a boutique kind of experience, there is nothing her that will make you feel that way. Furnishings are pretty corporate with a corporate type feel. Club room was decent with fresh fruit and basic breakfast breads in the morning. Overall a good experience with no real complaints, but no real reasons to sing its praise.

Room Tip: Club level rooms at the top give a great view of downtown Seattle.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Picked this Sheraton due to convenient location. All popular spots are pretty much within 1-2 miles radius. Walking distance to the pike street market (flower market is superb! And of course, the original Starbucks store), bars, restaurants (Oysters are so good!!), nightlife (if you get used to NYC or Las Vegas Standard, you might want to skip Seattle's)
This location also has cons, it is right next to the convention center, if there is big conferences going on (which happens to us during our stays), it gets pretty crowded. Took us almost 1 hour to check in as the lines went all the way from check-in counter to the restaurant/lounge area. Other than that, it is good value for the money. Friendly staff, overall very clean hotel with amenities that you would expect from Sheraton.
Parking is pretty expensive ($30+ extra). You really don't need a car if just touring around the City. Cab or Lyft would be much more convenient, cost-effective.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It has one of my favorite fitness floors I've used. 35th floor with a great view. Friendly staff and excellent location. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels. This is one of my favorites.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and the Sheraton Seattle. It's great to read that you really enjoy our Sheraton Fitness Center, programmed by Core performance. We do think it is a state of the art center, and feel it’s important to give our traveling guests some control in keeping to their exercise schedule, even while “on the road”. I personally love the sweeping city view from the fitness center and pool area. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.