“Busy convention hotel--great location”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first time staying at this huge hotel adjacent to the convention center and in the heart of downtown Seattle. We had the good fortune to be on the Club Floor (32). This is a very busy hotel with conventions coming and going..during our 5 days there was first a convention of independent pharmacies (6000 people) and then another of folks involve with large dams (1200). What this means to the casual traveler is that the lobbies and elevators are crowded and at times the health club (which is superb) is crowded. In the past I have stayed at the Fairmount Olympic which is a quieter place less than two blocks further south--but it seems to be a bit out of the center loop. Parking at the Sheraton is quite expensive but there are two good solutions: 1) don't rent a car and use the outstanding public transportation in Seattle--and if you need a car for the day Hertz is a block away and Enterprise is a few blocks away and they deliver; or 2) park (as I did) at the Pacific Place Garage which is two blocks away and about half the price of the Sheraton. The room was a good size with a lovely view; the Club Lounge offers a good solid breakfast and snacks at night. Overall, despite its hustle and bustle, as well its age, I would definitely stay there again if I decided to stay in the downtown core. My major negative is the bed--I don't like pillow tops and that is all they have there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this Sheraton in downtown Seattle for the second time last month. This has become my favorite downtown Seattle hotel for seveal reasons. The location is ideal - a short walk to Pike Market, the original Starbucks and most points downtown. The customer service is first rate and the rooms are spacious and well appointed. The Daily Grill, the restaurant attached to the hotel, has great food and good service. You can catch a taxi right outside the front doors but walking anywhere downtown is easy from this location. The Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program is also a bonus - you accrue rewards quickly and the program covers many properties all over the country. Love this hotel....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We are honored to be your favorite Seattle hotel! Thank you for that compliment and for your loyalty. We appreciate your comments regarding our spacious and well appointed rooms and our first rate customer service. We look forward to providing you with this same experience on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you're here on business, especially an event at the Convention Center, you can't beat this location. You'll be centrally located amongst restaurants, shopping, public transportation options, steps from the public market and more. Traveling for pleasure-- even better. Great service, friendly staff. A busy hotel but for good reason.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The main reason for our stay was to attend a conference but we stayed a few extra days to have a look around. In total we stayed for eight nights.

The room was good with our only concern being the noise from a vocal guest next door for five nights which was exacerbated by having a connecting door rather than a solid wall between the two rooms.

We had a good view from a room which was comfortable, clean and well appointed. All the staff we encountered were welcoming, helpful and friendly including housekeeping, reception, concierge, bell boy and valet parking.

Overall a great stay in a lovely city!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel and for spending 8 days with us. We appreciate all of your comments regarding the excellent service you received from our team! I am sorry you experienced noise from the neighboring room but I am pleased that overall you had a great stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when the Blue Jays were in town, there was a huge convention going on, and the usual cruise traffic. Rooms were hard to come by and I felt like I'd to pay a lot for a room in Seattle. I don't mind paying for luxury and service but what happened here makes me feel seriously ripped off.

We arrived at the hotel at 4:30. The line-up to check in took over 20 minutes. We were told that there had been a computer crash, so our rooms weren't ready. The clerk took my cell phone no. and said she'd call when the room is ready. This seemed to have happened to all the guests who checked in after a certain time. (As it turns out, we were going out for dinner. I don't know what arrangements were offered to guests who needed to access their rooms right away). We then proceeded to drop off off bags with the bell desk. Because it was a car trip, and we'd just finished shopping, there were eight bags between the four of us. The bell captain said incredulously, "you've eight bags?!" This, after a disastrous check-in experience.

I got a call at 6:35 that the room was ready. When we got back to the hotel to pick up our keys and bags, there were 3 or 4 staff at the bell desk. Another person looked at my tag and said again, "eight bags?!" The original staff said "oh they're small". After handing over our eight bags, none of them offered any assistance, not even a luggage cart. I complained about this experience to the front desk, the clerk's reaction was robotic and indifferent.

What happened here could be an anomaly, although you'd think a glitch of that proportion shouldn't happen in a hotel of this class, or they should have better contingency plans. No compensation was offered to for the inconvenience suffered other than an apology from front desk staff.

Based on my experience below, this hotel is under-performing at the best of times.

When I finally went to the room, the TV remote wasn't working properly and had to be replaced. The shower head pointed towards the room so I got wet. I've never checked this before in a hotel shower and I know it's careless of me...

The bath towels are thin and small, no face towels.

A guy pushing a luggage cart on our floor didn't even make eye contact, let alone smile at us.

I stayed at this hotel in 2010. I didn't have any bad experience then. I am shocked that a SPG hotel can have such poor service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and close to everything by foot. Walked to original Starbucks at 6:30am and back in 15 minutes. No lines that early! Walked about 3 blocks to monorail and terrific shopping. This is a busy hotel and I can see why the demand is there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Many thanks for your review and for including the Sheraton Seattle in your summer vacation plans. We appreciate the great comments and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly... unfortunately, my third party payment arrangement had not been received by the hotel though we submitted online the week before. Even after a fifteen minute delay to fill out and fax the payment authorization to my client, I joined their Starwood Preferred loyalty program... what could it hurt? That is where my snag ended...

I had asked for an early check-in (9am) and they accomodated me with an upgrade... the floors put aside for the Preferred guests. I was also allowed up before they even received the signed authorization back and my room had a great view with a fluffy bed. The most surprising aspect though is that they recycle inside their rooms and you can opt out of daily housekeeping for a discount on your room or points to the loyalty program to save water, etc. Oh, and the safe in the closet is big enough to hold a full size laptop!!

My experience as a whole was a whirlwind convention... No time to enjoy the pool or fitness center, but the restaurant/bar on the first floor was comfortable, classy and not ostentatious... the huge serving of berry cobbler was excellent! Seattle has the most amazing public transportation system and the Sheraton is close to the bus/train hub at Westlake station, not to mention the monorail to Seattle Centre. Restaurants and shopping are close by plus many attractions are within walking distance. Use the computer and printer in the lobby to print out your boarding passes before you head to the Central Link light rail which goes from Westlake to SeaTac airport. All in all, the service just couldn't be beat and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and for mentioning how impressed you were with our "green option". We are proud to have been a trail blazer for the Make a Green Choice program which we started here in late 2008. It is such a great win-win for guests and sustainability since they get a gift by giving back what would have been 38 gallons of water used to clean their room along with the electricity and therms! The option is nice to provide to guests like yourself who wish to conserve while traveling! Glad you also enjoyed the daily Grill and Fountain Wine Bar.
We look forward to your return visits!