“fabulous location”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 23, 2008

2 girlfriends went to seattle for a weekend to celebrate a retirement. bought the room on priceline for $125 and after taxes about $150. valet parking was STEEP --$35 !!!! but considering the location of the hotel, it was in the heart of all the shopping!
asked for a room in union tower ..only room left was a handicap room with 2 queenbeds so that was fine...only catch with a handicap room is that there is NO tub but with a large shower with a seat...it worked out fine for us because we didn't want to bathe but rather shower. room had small flat screen LG tv, new faucets and great beds.
room even had 5 pouches of starbucks coffee and tazo tea which were handy ! the only thing is that there was no bar/lounge in the hotel other than a very tiny deli. the lobby was huge and very nice and the hotel is so central that every block was in the heart of the shopping. nike town is just next door and pacific place mall/nordstroms were just one block away.
walking to pike market took only 10min so you can't beat the location. the only complaint i have is the very expensive parking...$35..i think that is probably a few bucks higher than the fairmont. my girlfriend and i just left the car with valet and never touched it until we checked out. we walked everywhere and even came back to the hotel room to drop off packages from shopping twice in a day...so no big deal...had a bottle of wine which we purchased from wal mart and had our own happy hour in the room. great...would definitely return to sheraton.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,752)

Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stayed at the Seattle Sheraton at the end of May for 2 nights. We had called ahead of a late check-in (because our flight arrived in the middle of the night). We were also able to request a late check-out time of 1:30 PM (with no additional charge) when we arrived. The lobby was nice and featured a small coffee shop and sitting area. It was also equipped with several PCs available free of charge to guests and a flat-panel TV. We stayed in the newly renovated Union Street Tower so I can't compare to the older Pike Street Tower. Unfortunately, our room was on the 4th floor so I can't comment on the view though I've read it's supposed to be good on the higher floors. The rooms are well-maintained and clean, the beds were heavenly, but the flat-panel TV was on the small side (32 in) for such a large room. They are currently doing renovation on the pool and fitness areas so I can't comment on that as well. There was a small, no-frills fitness area in the Union Street Tower. I would stay here again because the location was great.. it was within walking distance of the Pike Place Market and other shopping areas. Great for the pricelined rate of $87/night!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2008

I was expecting a lot from this hotel. Especially for the price. Check in time was at 3:00 P.M. and we couldn't get into our room until 6:00 P.M. because "it wasn't ready." I called a number of times while we were out on the street and they left me on hold twice and couldn't get a manager to the phone. Really unprofessional. They finally moved us to another room. I asked them why the room wasn't ready and it was "because it wasn't." I asked if this was acceptable service to them and they had no response. The manager worked really hard and offered up the sincerest "sorry" he could muster. They offered me "points" and I asked them why should I take points for a hotel that was satisfied with such a low level of service and they didn't know. Finally, the manager offered me $50 off my bill. I shrugged my shoulders and said why not. We paid extra for a "sweeping view of the city" and the attached picture is what we got. I am wondering if we were being punished for complaining. I really didn't want to complain. I really wanted to settle it all on the phone while we were waiting on the street. The room is on the "Club Level" and is about on par with a Radisson. It is a small room with a small bathtub. Holiday Inn Express has better service. No one told us the gym was closed. No word about it on their webpage. So after all that, no pool, hot tub or gym. The big message from the front desk is that they are too busy and don't care. It is just like being at that job you were trying to get away from.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffCain
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Very nice, upscale hotel. All the personnel very friendly and helpful. We stayed here the night before our cruise departed. Easy to get to cruise terminal next day. Location convenient to lots of downtown sites.

Reviewed June 1, 2008

We live in a Seattle suburb and wanted to stay downtown for a wedding. I selected a 4 star in downtown Seattle on priceline for $99. The reservation was accurate and there were no problems at check in. We were given a king bed in the old tower. The room was large with a comfortable bed. However, under the duvet was a traditional old blanket. Who knows when it was last washed...I was surprised to see that in such a high end chain hotel. The other motel like feature were thin and rough towels. Valet parking was $35 and wired internet was $10.

Reviewed May 29, 2008

This is a great classy hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. It is a very short 10 minute walk to Pike's Market, the downtown library, Belltown area, and many other areas. We booked the tickets through priceline and we were able to get a great price. Our room faced 6th avenue and had a view of the water in the distance. Pros: location, comfortable bed, very helpful staff, and they stored our luggage even after we had checked out. Cons: you had to pay for internet access daily. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank mrsenano
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Stayed here for a couple of nights in May. Very large twin double room. Very tastefully decorated with huge extremely comfy beds. (Why can't European hotels take note of the fantastic beds provided by most US chains? It really makes a difference!). Great night's sleep. Very central location.

Beautifully appointed if a bit impersonal. This is very obviously geared towards the business/corporate guest as witnessed by the lobby both in terms of its size and layout. Main gripe - a little on the pricey side especially if you add in breakfast/valet parking.

Seattle was very cool - really liked 1st/ 2nd Avenue area for funky stores and restaurants. Just ignore the homeless issue in these neighbourhoods. Also new Sculpture Park is a little Oasis of calm in this busy city...

2  Thank DickieMLiverpool