“Great Downtown Lcation”

Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Downtown Lcation”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Convenience to many of the attractions Seattle has to offer was a major amenity. We spent 3 nights (pre-cruise) to explore the city including a "Duck Tour", Museum visits, Harbor cruisies and, of course, the Needle and Public Market-- aka Farmers Market. So much to do and see. The hotel was starffed with first class professionals well trained and versed in quality service. Rooms were clean and spacious with nice views. We found the restaurants to be a bit pricey but that wasn't a problem as there are many other choices nearby for teriffic casual or fine dining. Cabs out the front and the monorail nearby for travel choices...a car isn't necessary.

1 Thank Alan S
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. Thank you for commenting on our hardworking associates; customer service is very important to us at the Sheraton Seattle and we are delighted to hear our staff exceeded your expectations. It sounds like you packed a lot of great attractions into your 3 days. I am glad that Seattle and the Sheraton Seattle got your vacation off to a great start.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
LEEDS, ALABAMA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is well located in the city. In the downtown near many stores and 6 blocks from Pike's Mkt and other shops and restaurants. It is clean and the staff is polite. The room was smallish, though adequate. I have rated it as average, but the average hotel/motel I stay in provides WiFi as a regular amenity and doesn't take up part of the room hawking snacks at an inflated price and most provide a refrigerator and microwave. Coffee is provided at no additional charge and is a good medium blend of Starbucks. There is also and easy to use safe in the room, which is convenient. We were encouraged to forego cleaning services, which I am happy to do to save on unnecessary laundry but in context with the other examples of chintziness, their motivation is clear. All in all, I expected better from the Sheraton but it served our needs.

Los Angeles
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If comfort, practicality, and a good central location are what you are looking for in Seattle, then this hotel fits the bill. We were in Seattle for two nights pre-cruise and did not have a car to get us around. Not to worry, the hop-on, hop-off trolly (with one of it's stops directly at this hotel) at $20 per person for a one-day pass got us everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel is at the heart of the shopping district and close enough to the flagship Nordstroms to walk there and back with arms loaded with shopping bags. Two movie theaters are within blocks.

1 Thank Spotlight0120
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I love your comment about our proximity to the flagship Nordstrom. You must have been here during their Anniversary Sale! Thanks for mentioning the trolley. It is fairly new and we are hearing great things about their service. We hope you will be back to visit us in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is pretty decent. Typically what you would expect. I had the basic room which was okay.

Cons - No mini fridge, washroom was cramped. No robe, no slippers.

Pros - it did the job. Close to shopping, monorail, theater, cheesecake factory. A bit of a walk away from Pike Place but you can shop along the way.

BIG CON- Overnight Valet is $38. If theres a parkade nearby i suppose that would be a cheaper option.

TIP - if checking out with Valet. Don't check out during the check out time. It's PACKED. Waited 15 minutes for my car. Use the express check out for your room. The line at the lobby was long too. Maybe it was because I left on a Sunday though. Better luck on the weekdays.

• Stayed July 2013
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Seattle Sheraton is at a reasonably good location but that is about it. The room while otherwise comfortable had an air conditioner that made a loud buzzing sound. And it often took way too long to get an elevator. If you are a SPG elite member, or pay for club privileges, don't expect much in the club lounge. Indeed, if you need assistance in the lounge during the day there is a good chance no one will be there to help you as I did spend some time on my first visit searching around for someone but without success

But what really turned me against this hotel is that at check-out I reported my mini-bar consumption and paid for it. I specifically told the man who processed this (and took my money--the reservation was otherwise prepaid) to make sure I didn't get double-charged when they later reviewed my room after checkout. He assured me this would not happen. He also told me his computer was running slow and asked whether he could email me the invoice rather than provide it at the time. I said he could.

Although he never did send the invoice, at least I know from the Starwood points I later received for the mini-bar purchase that my account was credited with the cash payment. However, a few days after I checked out I noticed they charged my credit card for the items I already paid for in cash. In other words they double-charged my mini-bar consumption even after I asked them to make sure this didn't happen.

I wonder whether this was an isolated error or part of their "business model" for generating unearned profits. In any event, I wrote to them and asked for a reversal of the charges and some SPG goodwill points for my inconvenience and as an acknowledgement of their responsibility for their error. They did reverse the charge but to date I have not received any goodwill points which I take as indicating they couldn't care less about inconveniencing their guests by these sorts of "errors," errors that if uncaught generate illicit profits for the hotel.

The Grand Hyatt is about a block away from the Sheraton. I have stayed there and found it is a much better option if one wishes to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jay K
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the incorrect charge for a minibar item that you did not consume and for not sending your folio knor awarding you points. We work hard to ensure that guests are not incorrectly charged and appreciate knowing when we have made an error! We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves relative to this error and would appriciate it if you would contact me so that I may ensure your points are credited soon!

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I made a one night stay here, and at $333 a night for a standard double (the view was phenomenal by the way) and $40 bucks a night for parking, if you have the means to stay here, than go for it.
You cannot ask for a better location as this hotel and convention center is ideally located within walking distance within such major attractions such as Pikes Market Place. It wins the award for downtown Seattle location, that's for sure.
The rooms are top notch with beds to die for, they didn't go cheap on the bed count fabric, that's a guarantee. This is more of a business hotel as next to a convention center, so people with family may want to consider other choices.
Overall, my stay was quick, comfortable, and pleasant, without any major issues.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location, Pike Place, Pioneer Square, shopping and public transport are all within walking distance. We were able to visit Pike Place and shopped in the area in one morning. Staff were friendly and efficient. Though I would prefer the hotel can provide shuttle bus service from/to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The Sheraton Seattle is in a great location and it is very easy to walk from the hotel to most of the city's attractions. Thank you for mentioning our friendly and efficient staff. We will make sure to share this with everyone here as they will appreciate your kind words. Please come back to visit soon.