“Very nice hotel experience in downtown Seattle”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Tampa, Florida
“Very nice hotel experience in downtown Seattle”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights before a cruise. The beds were super comfortable, the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed, the baths were very nice. All staff we encountered from front desk to concierge to bar staff to bell men and porters were very friendly and helpful. We had a very relaxing experience, at this hotel in a wonderfully central location. Can't beat the proximity to light rail (we used to get to downtown from the airport), Pike's Market, the ferry to Bainbridge Island, shopping and dining. We highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Only slight negative/pet peeve: why is it that the expensive hotels all have to charge for internet, while the inexpensive ones give it to you for free?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mmc923
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review. We are honored to receive such praise and are pleased to hear that our hard work and attention to detail has paid off. We hope you also enjoyed your Alaskan cruise. We appreciate your nice comments for our concierge team, bell staff and the Fountain Wine Bar wait staff. I will be sure to share your accolades with them directly. The Sheraton Sweet Sleep Bed was designed to help provide guests with the relaxing comfortable sleep they want and need while traveling away from home. We are glad you enjoyed the bed. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A huge thanks goes out to the Berny Lai, the Concierge at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. Although it was a very busy Father's Day weekend, she was able to get us a reservation at a popular restaurant. In addition, she sent a special surprise which was truly appreciated and turned the evening into a special event. Despite the fact that she was busy at her desk, she made each person feel very special. Not only did she deliver on what she promised, but did it with enthusiasm, professionalism, and with a personal touch that needs to be taught to other people in the industry! She excels in providing excellent service and should be recognized for her outstanding skills. Thank you Bernadette for helping to make our evening special!

1 Thank DrYoukey
bronwyn g, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We agree, Berny is an excellent Concierge and I am glad she took care of your needs during your stay. She always does an excellent job for us! It is very apparent that she enjoys helping our guests and we know how lucky we are to have her! I will be sure to share your comments with Berny and all of our team members. Thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you back at the Sheraton Seattle soon.
Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Sheraton is right next to the convention center so it's a very short walk. Also not too far to the waterfront and Pike's Place Market. The Space Needle is likewise walkable - around one mile away. There are quite a few hotels concentrated in this area of downtown along with many restaurants from cheap and casual to top-rate.

Being an expensive hotel, you might expect everything about the stay to be perfect or near-perfect. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't to that standard. Check-in was fast and the elevators were prompt. Upon entering my room late at night, I found hair and debris in the sink and tub, and the tub faucet was leaking drip, drip, drip. I tried to shut it all the way off but it didn't help. The next day I reported this and maintenance fixed it within a couple of hours. Then I noticed while showering the water gradually became hotter and hotter. I figured out that the handle was not staying in place - it's one of those single-handled knobs that you turn counter-clockwise to adjust the temperature. I put it at about 9 or 10 on the clock but because it was loose it gradually edged down to 8 or 7 where the water gets too hot. Definitely a maintenance issue if not a safety one.

The carpet had some stains. I got the ironing board out to press some clothes and that was flimsy and rickety with a stained cover. A few of the closet hangers were bent and wouldn't come off without yanking on them.

The mattress was fine - moderately soft - and the pillows were too soft but ok if you piled 2 or 3 together. This room had two full-size rather than queen-size beds. The comforter was too heavy and hot so unless you get cold at night you'll probably end up sleeping just with the sheet.

When I returned to the room the next day, I found new long hairs in the tub although this time the sink was clean. The soap and shampoo wasn't replaced which was fine because I had only used them once. But by Day 4 my bath soap was down to a sliver. Finally some new soap and shampoo bottles appeared. On Day 2 my bath mat was taken away and not replaced so I had to put a bath towel on the floor. Stray hairs continued to appear in the bathroom on the floor and the tub. I guess the staff doesn't wear hairnets, and they sure don't double-check for cleanliness after finishing.

The desklamp had one outlet so you can't charge your computer and phone at the same time. I found another plug on a wall and one near the nightstand. Newer hotels are providing multiple outlets and chargers so this Sheraton is a little behind the times.

When I went to check out, I was going to mention these items to the clerk but he did not ask me how my stay was. Simply printed a bill and said goodbye. So I'm letting people know on TripAdvisor since they didn't ask me at the time. I did receive the hotel survey by email and I filled it out similar to this report.

I talked to other people who were staying at different hotels in the area and they all reported great experiences and often 10 or 20 dollars less. So shop around!

2 Thank Craig D
Hawaii
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent a night in SEA before our cruise to Alaska. Nice hotel, but very busy with conventioneers. We stayed in a Deluxe room which was clean and spacious. The staff was helpful, and the location is hard to beat. Shopping, eating, and just walking around town is very convenient. Thank you Sheraton for a nice stay in Seattle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lucky-we-live-Hawaii
Thanks for spending time with us before heading out on your Alaskan cruise. You hit some of our favorite words: nice hotel, convenient, clean and spacious. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Seattle. We look forward to your return visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent 5 nights here in May while on a conference at the nearby conference center. The check-in line was pretty long - a 15 minute wait. No suite upgrade for Platinum SPG - was given an ordinary room on the SPG floor. Things that worked well: 1) location was very convenient to the conference center, 2) gym was well equipped with a great view of the city - what a business hotel gym should be - top points here. Things that can be improved: 1) breakfast in the SPG lounge was adequate but definitely without variety - I had the exact same breakfast for 5 mornings, 2) scarcity of SPG Platinum perks - no upgrade, so-so breakfast, large, impersonal hotel feel. Will I come back? Yes, for business reasons, but I won't be terribly excited about it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed three nights at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle for business conference. The hotel was average for what one expects in this type of property. The room itself was fine. It appears to have been updated not too long ago. The bathroom could use some attention. The ceiling above the shower/tub appears to have had some plumbing issues, as the paint was peeled and blistered. The honor bar was well stacked with items, but were expensive. The lobby area was nice. They had a small gift shop in the lobby with some souvenier items, snacks, and drinks, but all were fairly pricey. I ate a couple of meals in the grill that were fair but expensive as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear more about the specifics of your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Engineering and we would like to know your room number so that we may take immediate action to repair the issue you experienced. Thank you again for the feedback without it we can’t improve.

Warmly,
Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed four nights for a convention. Wonderful hotel in prime location. Amazing beds. Bellman told us we could order same Sweet Sleeper bedding items on the Sheraton website. Nice to know. What I liked most about this hotel: comfortable room, excellent staff, pretty good number of computers in lobby for guest use, lobby store with nice merchandise, convenient 'grab & go' (excellent oatmeal). My daughter used fitness room and loved the view. What I liked least: convention meals were just OK - pork chops too tough to cut, unremarkable chicken, etc; Also, our group was large, and it was always a very tight fit for meals. But, I'd absolutely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business