“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Tolland, Ct
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We loved this hotel in downtown Seattle. The location was great--close to Pikes Market and great shopping. It was our first time in Seattle and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The room was spacious and spotless. The bedding heavenly--we were on the club level and we were pleasantly surprised at the great continental breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — the beds
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2008

If you want shopping, then this is the place to stay. It was next to the convention center, across the street from gameworks and regal cinemas. There is an old navy and pacific place is a block away among other big retail stores. Ross, Macy's Nordstroms, and Sephora are also right around the corner. I got into town a little early and wanted to drop my bag off (me and my son were going to a Mariner's game) so I could go shopping for a few hours without dragging it around. The girl at check-in was glad to help but seemed to be annoyed that I didnt want a room other than what I requested. I had already budgeted for the room I had reserved. My room wasnt ready for another hour so I pre-registered and left. I came back an hour later and the lines for check in were LONG. I had saw a sign for pre-registered key pick up so I went to that line where some cocky guy was helping the lines (very annoyed by the fact he had to come out of his office or the back) ignored me and then I realized I had to wait in line again. and then he called out for a group of people and said.. If you are pre-registered then come over here.. I guess I didnt look the part. I got to check in and that went smoothly and got a room on the 16th floor overlooking pike street. The room was nice, big and airy. There was a lcd tv which my son was ecstatic about and then there was some 4 dollar expired chips (about a month expired) sitting on the dresser. The bed was okay, kinda hard for my liking but the comforter was awesome. The swimming pool is closed right now, but we werent going to be at the hotel long enough to use it. The amenities say that there is a frig but it was considered a mini bar so it really wasnt for guest use unless you wanted to buy high priced soda's and booze. I will come back , when they renovations are done, because it is in a great location for shopping but the service was so-so, not what you expect for a 4 star hotel, they made me feel like I was supposed to be glad they were even waiting on me. The restaurant was pricey, but they do take out and we didnt have to go anywhere after the game. Overall get a deal for this place, and dont pay full price but if shopping is what you are in town for, then this is the place.

• Liked — Near all my favorite stores.
  • Disliked — arrogant staff.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank SONNYSMOM
Irvine, Ca
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I booked this hotel through Priceline for the 9th - 12th. I took the advice of others of requesting the newer tower. Our room was very clean and new. The hotel lobby was nice and the lounge a good place to watch some sports and grab a drink. The best thing about this place was the location. We walked everywhere. It's only 6 blocks to Pike Place and we walked there every morning.

The exercise room was small, but fine (nice view). The pool needed some remodeling, but my 5 year old liked it fine.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I booked this Sheraton hotel in downtown Seattle via Hotwire for two nights. Arrived at the hotel at around 11:30am and asked for early check-in. The front desk staff was nice. Upon seeing my SPG Gold membership card, she checked me in, even though technically Hotwire bookings do not qualify for SPG Gold benefits.

The room and amenities are what you would normally expect from a 4-star Sheraton. The best thing about this hotel is its location. It's just a few blocks walk to the Pike Place market, the water front. Monorail station is just 2 blocks away. Plenty of shopping and restaurant nearby.

I usually leave a decent tip everyday with a "Thank you" note in the room for the maid when I stay in a hotel. This is on one hand customary, on the other hand I hope if I accidentally leave something behind, the maid cleaning the room will be nice enough to turn it in. The first day, the maid took the tip and left me a "thank you" note. The second day, I left the tip and checked out at around noon.

That evening, I discovered that I had forgotten my laptop power adapter in the Sheraton hotel room. I called the hotel immediately. The guest service rep took my room number, dates of stay, name and phone number, and said that they would call me if "someone turns it in". There was no indication that they are trying to look for it. I expect at least they should 1) if the room has not been rented out, send someone to check; or 2) if the room was rented out, send a message to the new guest.

One week passed and no phone call. I called again because I was about to pass through Seattle. The guest service simply said that "we have your inquiry on file. If it turns up, we will call you." Again no indication of any willingness to help.

I know that leaving something behind is my mistake, but I am still disappointed that the hotel guest service is not as helpful as a 4-star hotel should be.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank jl_tripadv
Flagstaff
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Just returned from the Sheraton in Seattle. I am a travel agent (Journeys Around the World) so try out many hotels each year. I was in Seattle for a conference & it is right next door to the Convention Center, which was very convenient. The hotel is very very nice...beautiful lobby, spacious rooms, nice lobby bar (and very popular) & good restaurant (although pricey). Stayed in the "new" tower & the rooms were very nice with new flat screen tv. And with it being Seattle, there was Starbucks coffee in the room (with real creamer, rather than the powdered stuff!). The location of the hotel is great...Nordstroms is just a block away and Pike Street Market just a short stroll! The hotel was perfect for business or pleasure.

Stayed April 2008
3 Thank JourneysTraveler
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I want to assure you I did not priceline this hotel, i wanted to be sure I stayed at the Sheraton and so I didn't risk it and paid the full price. Not cheap, anyway my gripe is this, the view was blah, and the room was blah, and the shower was a joke. Not 4 star quality, the linens and the bed comfort wise was great. The lobby was that of a 4star hotel, as was the valet parking price, the restaurant's breakfast was not. My biggest gripe was not the mishmash furniture in the room or even the 15 year old tv. My biggest let down was the shower, the tap had to practically be on the furthest hot setting for it to be even bearably warm and the water did not drain properly so I had to sit in 6 inches of water (cold water) while taking a shower. I did not complain to management as I was only there one night and only used the shower the morning I was leaving so there was nothing to be done at that point.

• Liked — location was convenient to shopping
  • Disliked — shower and bad room decor
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iwatkins
OC, California
Reviewed April 15, 2008

My husband and I went to Seattle to see a Dave Matthews show, and stayed in the Sheraton (Main Tower/ King) for one night. The Hotel is in an EXCELLENT location. There is no need to rent a car. Get a round trip ticket on The Gray Line bus from the airport and you'll be able to walk or use public transportation for the rest of your trip. We were able to check in early, 11:00 am. I had read other reviews saying to stay in the newer tower, however, I found the old tower very nice and updated. My only regret is that we only stayed one night!

• Liked — upscale feeling room
  • Disliked — N?A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple