“Pleasant Experience”

Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, BC, Canada
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked 3 rooms here just after Christmas, for one night. Paid $130/ night through Hotels.com and were pleasantly surprised when we checked in. They managed to book our rooms all together, 27th floor with lovely views of the water and downtown. Two of the rooms were joined by a locked door which was great for our kids to have more space to play. Beds were comfy. My mom's room had a drainage issue in the bathtub which was quickly rectified. Requests for cribs for the kids were accomodated quickly. Great downtown location, walking distance to everything.

There was an impressive gingerbread competition/ display in the main lobby during our stay and it was a nice added bonus.

The pool was too cold for small kids but that's hardly a sticking point. We were also charged for an additional night of parking ($44 a night by the way, ouch) because some DB gave our name at the front desk. Not the hotel's fault at all (and if you own a 2012 BMW, you're a jerk LOL)

Only complaint is that the front desk was always ridiculously busy - they need to hire more people. Oh and the concierge wasn't terribly helpful or pleasant.

Overall a pleasant experience and we will book here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review and we are glad we could start your holiday off to a good start!
I have shared your feedback with our Director of Front Office so that the services failures you experienced at the Front Desk and Concierge Desk may be rectified.
We are appreciative that you enjoyed the amenities that we provide and hope that you will return soon to take advantage of our fabulous rooms. We do cater to the family travelers, and are considered Holiday central for many families looking to enjoy the downtown holiday shopping traditions and enjoy our Gingerbread displays that benefit JDRF charities.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you in Seattle again soon.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Athens
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a professional conference. The rooms were ok, but the staff were remarkably resistant to anything resembling service. And don't dare put out their "green" tag saying you would be willing to forgo room cleaning--because you cannot cancel it for the rest of the stay. I had to ask three times to even get more coffee for the room, and gave up on a full room servicing. The lobby is odd and inconvenient for meeting people, and the bar is utterly inadequate for a convention crowd--too small and desperately understaffed. One overworked server tried to keep up, but it was nearly impossible to get even one drink, and don't even think about a second. We had to chase the server down to be able to pay the bill and leave too. I would sum up my visit at the Sheraton Seattle as one of constant low to moderate-level annoyance. Even with a convention discount, it is bad deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington

Pro's:
- Union street tower remodeled
- Fabulous location, close to everything and easy walk
- Awesome club lounge (in Pike Tower)
- Jonathan Lee at the front desk is the best

Con's:
- Crowded if convention is happening at the convention center next door
- Valet parking only option, but lots of self-park lots all around

Room Tip: Union Street tower, high floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amy e
Thanks for your review. I appreciate the comments about our location; Seattle is has such a great walk able downtown core! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike. I especially like your comments about Jonathan and how he takes such great care of you during your stays with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to the associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms
ksolt
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel had good rooms and a good location. But the customer service and front desk manager were terrible. We had trouble with a matter and we ended up having to deal with a manager who could only be described as a trailer park manager at best. Baaad service, never stay here again. ever.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
KSOLT, Thank you for the feedback on your stay. I'm glad to hear the location and room quality were to your liking. I am genuinely concerned to see the comments about the service you received from our manager. I apologize and would like to understand your interaction further to correct issue. Please feel free to contact me via the hotel operator. We pride our selves on delivering superior service.
North America
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Ah the Seattle Sheraton. It was always a beacon of civilization and elegance. From 'Fuller's' restaurant with super chef 'Monique Barbeau' to it's cafe with that fabulous dessert buffet And the lovely 'club level' with the free drinks and elegant and tasty appetizers.
Well sadly all that has disappeared.
What remains is tawdry, boring, and third rate.
The bar which replaced the cafe is poorly lit, poorly decorated, and lacks any sort of charm or elegance.
The only restaurant that I could find was that mediocre 'daily grill' attached to the building.
The rooms were semi renovated. I booked the 'club floor' hoping for a club like experience the way it used to be. Now there's a cafeteria style lounge that serves mediocre appetizers and charged for drinks. $12 for a scotch. And not a great label either.
Some fat man sat there piling his plate a mile high with hors d oeuvres in place of having dinner ( this was happy hour ). He filled his plate three times and was still sitting there when we passed by on our way out for dinner.
The next morning I decided to take a trip to the gym. It was OK and well appointed. But where on earth was the change room with showers, and maybe a sauna. There was nothing except one communal 4 x 6 room with a bench for changing. No shower, no nothing!!
I ended up having a swim after the workout and proceeded down to my room ( two floors down ) wrapped in towels and clutching my trunks, and workout gear.
We were travelling with another couple who booked the Westin just a few blocks over. That was miles ahead of the Sheraton. The rooms were completely renovated, the lounge was much more intimate, and the price was substantially less than I paid for that pathetic 'club' experience.
Im sorry Seattle Sheraton but you spoiled me in the past, and I can't help but remember how wonderful you used to be.
I won't be returning again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Key West, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a girls' weekend in Seattle the first weekend of December and booked a hotel dowtown through priceline. After winning the Sheraton Seattle I called the hotel to see if I could confirm two double beds instead of a king because there were several women sharing the room and they were very helpful and accomodating. We choose to skip the hotel valet service because of the $$ pricey cost and opted to park in their overflow parking one block up - just make sure you ask the valet for the hotel card to park there instead so you don't have to pay a higher rate from the garage. It worth was easy access and the short distance to walk to the hotel was worth the savings in our opinion. We were only five or six blocks from the waterfront but the shopping in between was nice with lots of dining options. We were also only a few blocks from the Pike Market. The hotel room was very comfortable with nice bedding and excellent blackout curtains (we slept until 10:00 am and had no idea it was that late since there was no noice or light.) We did not use the spa but we did check it out and it looked very nice and well maintained. Check-in/out was smooth and the customer service was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were given the option of a higher or lower room and after choosing the higher tower we really enj...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed her a couple of times before, but both times it was just my husband and I in a King bedded room. Although this isn't the best room in town (I'd stay at the Hyatt or a Kimpton over this in most cases), it is one of the best locations for seeing the city and shopping.

We brought our girls to Seattle for a couple of days to catch the end of the King Tut exhibit, before departing out of Seatac for our Christmas vacation. I should have really scrutinized what beds were available in this hotel, because for a family-of-four sharing a double-bedded room was a nightmare. Coming from a King bed at home to a double here, makes sleeping uncomfortable and an exercise in futility. Come on Sheraton, you can do better than offering a double-bedded room -- any hotel worth its salt will at least have 2 queen beds to a room. Your rooms seem to have enough space to accommodate that -- these are not the tiny historic hotel rooms of San Fran or NY.

The rooms must vary considerably, we were in a different tower than the last time. Our bathroom was much smaller than I had experienced before, so much so it was a challenge to manage our things on the countertop.

I don't know if it was because it was Christmas, but the service was very poor as you had to wait quite a bit for anything. A long wait to check in (despite only having one person in front of me), and a long wait to check bags or get your car.

I don't think I'll go back, unless I find a good offer on a concierge floor room with a King bed (minus the kids). Then I can actually enjoy their quality bedding and a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Concierge floor rooms are superior.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
epicureangirl - thank you for the review and your feedback with respect to the bed accommodations. I am very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and needs with a room with two double beds. I would very much like the opportunity to have you back at the Hotel and would ask that you reach out to me once you have made reservations. I would be able to ensure your needs are met, with or without the kids. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor