“Front desk is very accomodating”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Seattle is our one day getaway trip so we have stayed in several hotels there. Sheraton is one of my favorites, you can't beat the location and the pool. The parking is expensive because they only have valet parking, so try to find parking in the street if you want to save some money.

Room Tip: Higher floor - better view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Glad you were able to enjoy some shopping and experience downtown Seattle with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to the Front Desk associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (4,703)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here with the family for a Seahawks game. Kids loved the pool and the hotel we nice. Staff was helpful. Room was nice.

Complaints:

Two doubles not queens
Parking was 44$/night
No vending machines and a water bottle was 4$-talk about captive audience

Summary-you can get the room for great price but be prepared to pay through the nose for parking and incidentals.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Sheraton Seattle and were bowled over by the staff. Our room was clean and nice - but was two double beds (not Queen) which surprised me a little since I haven't seen that in a long time. We were three total in the room so it was a little tight, but they were comfortable.
The location was perfect. A few blocks from the market, right near all of the shopping and super easy to get to. We spoke with two concierges who were wonderfully helpful. We had a problem with the laundry service which resulted in a ruined item of clothing (it was specialized sporting clothes - there were no problems with any of the other items so I wouldn't worry about submitting anything to them). The front desk staff took care of the problem immediately - it was so refreshing to not have to even worry about the resolution of the issue and it being taken care of without any difficulty at all.
As was to be expected for a hotel of the Sheraton's calibre, things were a little more expensive than elsewhere, but all in all I think it was worth it. If you are concerned about the price of parking, the lot around the corner seemed just as good (only a block and a half away) and was a little cheaper. When we checked in we asked about the parking and the front desk staff even told us that that lot was an option. We switched the second night and it was fine.
I would, without any hesitation, recommend this hotel and would stay there in a heartbeat if I return to Seattle.

Room Tip: We asked for a room higher up to avoid hearing the street noise. It was great (but you could hear t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

J M - Thank you for your latest review on the Sheraton Seattle. Appreciate that you decided to stay with us and am happy we exceeded your expectations. I apologize on the laundry concern but am glad to hear that the resolution was handled quickly and efficiently. This is another great review that the team will appreciate as they work hard to ensure our guests have a great time. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I work for an international company and we have corporate hotels in each city. My husband and I decided that for our fun Christmas party weekend we would Priceline a hotel for a change of pace. We bid on four/five star and won the Sheraton in Seattle, where we have never stayed before. I would be entertaining a coworker so asked the manager for a few favors. He made it seem like it was an everyday thing. I was so impressed with his immediate reply, but even more important was how his staff responded from check in to check out. Everything was top notch. Loved the room, the Club lounge, the special touches throughout the weekend. Yes, parking was VERY expensive, and drinks in the Club lounge should be more in line with other hotels that have frequent business travelers, but overall it was good value for money. I will be recommending this hotel to my national travel agency, and my husband and I will certainly stay here again when we are planning a leisure stay in our city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

jboyle - Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Seattle! It was an absolute pleasure having you with us and really appreciated that you reached out! It's always fun to suprise and delight guests when the opportunity exists. Thanks for spreading the good word and I look forward to you return.

Take care,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was completely impressed with my experience here, everything went smoothly, couldn't have asked for a more beautiful hotel. It has a wonderful location, and a breathtaking view of the city. Only complaints are that parking is 40 bucks a night, but it was well worth feeling like a King, or Queen. Also you have to pay 10 dollars for wireless internet if you want it. I will be coming back to this hotel next time we stay in downtown seattle.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to recommend us! We never take a great recommendation for granted, and I’m pleased that you had such a nice stay.

We hope you can return soon, in any case and we look forward to it.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Sheraton in downtown Seattle was an amazing hotel. It was beautiful inside and out. The downside was the price. I am fine spending the money but things need to be worth it. The room matched the price in a good location in the middle of downtown Seattle. The bed was extremely comfortable. Little lcd hd tv was a good touch. Decent size room for a hotel room. The price on my standard room with my corporate discount was near $200 a night after tax plus the $44 valet fee. Then we got into our room around midnight on a Thursday after my girlfriend had gotten back from a doctors visit. We needed something to drink, not necessarily alcoholic just something for me to drink and her to snack on and take her pills with. We went down to the bar and it had just closed. The hotel staff told me nothing was open in that area, no bar or anything? Im from a smaller city, i'm sure somewhere in walking distance in the heart of downtown Seattle has to be open after 1230 right? He pointed us in the direction of something that would be open, we walked out and in that direction for about 20 minutes with no luck finding anything. We got back to our room and found that they didnt give us a key to the mini bar either so our only option was room service. $60 later for orange juice, milk and cookies, egg rolls and some burger sliders.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

danieldd04 - Thank you for your most recent review. I appreciate the feedback and have shared this with our team. Please accept a personal apology from myself as I would have expected our staff to manage your need in house. We have many resources to pull from and could have made that experience very simple. Thank you for sharing!

Take care,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times, but never in the "tower" suites. When they built this place, they must have forgotten the sound insulation. Screaming in the hallways at 3am, weird mechanical noises from the heating systems, unknown annoying high pitched tone that penetrated sleep, and then the highlight of the weekend...........pounding screams of joy. You can understand words being spoken in the next room or the morse code of headboard banging. Not conditions that I would expect of a premium destination and pricing as well. You'd best check with the desk on room location or you might be in store for the free channel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. I wanted to send our apologies for the level of noise you experienced overnight and the lack of sleep that this ultimately caused you. It is not often that we hear from guests that they were unable to enjoy a quiet night's rest and we would welcome the opportunity to invite you back to experience them at a more opportune time. Your feedback is valuable and has enabled us to focus on the volume levels you experienced and work to improve future experiences. The Sheraton Seattle values your business and will do everything possible to create the experiences that drive the loyalty of our guests and of our partners such as yourself. Thank you again for your time and feedback.