“worked well for business trip”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
mission hills
“worked well for business trip”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

As a loyal SPG gold member I was pleased that this hotel was across the street from my business app't. Lobby large and clean and check in fairly easy (although I was distresssed to learn that unlike other Starwood properties where I get an automatic upgrade to club level as a result of my gold status I had to pay $15 per night here). Room on club level was large and comfortable. Exercise facility was excellent--and surprisingly not that crowded in morning at about 8 am. Room service seemed slow (about 30 minutes each night--although I was warned by attendant that was what it would be) and food mediocre. I received free wi-fi as part of my room rate which was nice. Toilet in bathroom did not seem to have great pressure and had to be re-flushed often.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We love feedback and even though yours was not all complimentary, we see it as information which will help us improve, so for that we thank you.

I am glad you did get to experience many of the things that make our hotel special, such as the Sheraton Fitness Center, programmed by Core performance. We do think it is a state of the art center, and feel it’s important to give our traveling guests some control in keeping to their exercise schedule, even while “on the road”

We are so glad that you enjoyed your Gold perks her with us for Complimentary WiFi and additional points. While we are glad that you have received upgrades to the Sheraton Club at other Starwood Properties it is not a standard Gold benefit and one which we strive to make available at the discounted rate to our Gold members. Just to be sure your Gold status perks remain in place during your next visit; I invite you to call me before your next check in. We love our Gold guests, we appreciate your loyalty and we want you to continue to choose to stay with us.

Your feedback and your business are genuinely appreciated.

Warmly,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Before I even reached the front desk I was barked at 'last name!' by the receptionist. It was like checking in with a robot.

Rooms OK. Standard North American Sheraton. Comfortable bed, flatscreen TV, fridge, small basic bathroom, dated furniture and carpets.

Hugely disappointed with breakfast. One thing you can count on in a major chain hotel is a full American Buffet breakfast. Errmmm not here apparently! I was presented with a menu where every item had to be ordered separately. So basically a juice, a couple cups of coffee, an omlette and some cereal would have set you back forty bucks. Pure profiteering at the expense of guests already paying large room rates. When I asked why there was no buffet today (a monday) the reply was 'sometimes we don't offer it when the hotel is slow'. Great.

Something else which I witnessed in the lobby (having walked out of the breakfast restaurant at 6am disappointed) was another guest at the reception desk with some kind of issue politely demanding to speak to the manager on duty. I overheard the reply from the receptionist and could not believe it 'sorry there is no manager here until 7am.....only a night auditor'. I think that is unacceptable....a four star hotel with 1,258 rooms does not have a Manager on Duty 24/7??

The best feature of the hotel is the Fitness Centre and pool. They are located on the 35th floor of one of the towers and the fitness centre is really well equiped and large. Definitely worth a visit, even just to admire the views from up there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Sheraton Seattle. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Front Office so that the services failures you experienced at the Front Desk may be rectified. We do have a manager on shift 24 hours a day and apologize for what you must have overheard. Our Director of Front Office has met with the team to discuss updated guidelines to ensure better outcomes under these circumstances. Additionally, I have shared your feedback regarding breakfast with our partners the Daily Grill, so that they make take into consideration requests such as yours during the buffett closures.
The staff at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel work very hard to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. We value your business and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves if your travels bring you back to Seattle, please contact me directly.

Warmly,

logan, ut
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived with a huge mass of college-aged future Boeing employees. It took so long to find and enter our reservation that the line was gone by the time we left registration. Because of the difficulties with our registration, we were upgraded to a superior room, with a view of the surrounding buildings. The room was fine, clean, and well kept, but our soaps were left untouched for at least one day. Generally a forgettable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the front desk arrival. I know it was extremely frustrating not to have a error free and seamless arrival process. I have shared your experience with our Director of Front Office.
Sheraton Seattle prides itself on excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay at the front desk and in the replacement of your guest room soaps. We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Warm Regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 25, 2012

...meaning it is what you would expect from an upscale Sheraton property - but nothing exceptional.

Lobby and hotel bar are very nice.

Room seemed small, and not very lavishly appointed, but I cannot honestly find a genuine fault (save for a lack of electrical outlets)

There is one point...the property is just a wee bit old... eighties vintage perhaps? You can see where it has been updated and refurbished, but there are reminders here and there that this is not a brand new property (my personal preference).

In summary, we were not at all disappointed, especially for the rate we paid (thanks Hotwire), but nor were we blown away. I've rated it "average" not compared to other hotels, but for what you would expect for any upscale downtown hotel property at this price point...

Be advised - Parking is OUTRAGEOUSLY priced...lower cost options within two blocks walking distance...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
gogobeartravel - Thank you for staying with us and appreciate the review and comments. The Hotel did undergo a new addition of our Union tower in 2007, including a new lobby, meeting space, and our Sheraton Fitness and pool during this time. The existing Pike tower was renovated in 2010/2011 to update our hallways and guestrooms. Yes you are right in saying we are not a brand new hotel but we certainly work hard to keep it looking that way. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future as I would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back. My e-mail is trevor.brauser@sheraton.com.

Trevor
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed during a conference at the WSCC. Nothing espectacular and nothing to complain. Clean rooms, great staff, great bed. Location is very good, right beside the WSCC and near everything you will need in Seattle. That's exactly what you expect from a Sheraton 4-star hotel.

One side note: the AC unit from my room (maybe an isolated problem) wasn't able to sustain a low temperature, reducing sleep quality.

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference at the hotel or at the WSCC, you can save some walking asking for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Henrique S. - Thank you for your review on the Sheraton Seattle. It was a pleasure having you and your group with us and hope you had an opportunity to experience our beautiful city. We do enjoy our location as it allows our guests to visit all the city attractions by foot. I would love to have you e-mail me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com so I can understand which room you were in. This will allow me to double check the AC unit.

Trevor
vancouver
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here in winter with 3 adults and 1 teenager. We went to a show at Jazz Alley. The Sheraton is nicely appointed with good lobby area and efficient staff. We were given an awesome room at the higher levels with peek-a-boo views of the harbor towards the market area. Great location. They kindly brought up 2 roll away beds with fresh linen for our daughters. Huge bathroom for getting ready. We stepped out the door and found a variety of restaurants right away with lots of food options. We walked to Jazz Alley and back after the show, we are fit so even in heels in winter it was a good healthy stride for us. NOTE: Parking - It is best to just pay for the valet parking and remove any stresses looking for cheaper places unless you want to start driving around and then having bring luggage etc to the hotel from wherever you end up. Also parking at the hotel gives you peace of mind that the car is safe as possible. Peace of mind is good thing. The next day we checked out put our bags in the car and walked to Pikes Markets and all over the CBD area down to the Space Needle and did some shopping etc. It was awesome to leave the car and enjoy the city without stresses plus get some exercise and see the area on foot. We got a great rate had an excellent huge room with attention to good service. Very happy would stay here again on next trip to Jazz Alley or for any reason, including business for sure, that takes us into Seattle to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed November 22, 2012

They have valet parking service and across the street there is also a public parking, but without in-out rights, so we used the valet parking. Fact is that you can pretty much walk to all downtown locations, even Pike Market, so no need for a car if you just have to be in downtown. And their gym and warm pool/jacuzzi on the 35 floor has a marvelous view over the city. If you leave from the "back door" you are actually even less than a block away from the convention center. So you can even leave your jacket at the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a two double bed room. One "down side" the beds are so good, you are going to have...