“Good business hotel one block from convention center”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Seattle while attending a conference. It's an easy one-block walk to convention center and part of the way has overhangs which provide some cover in the rain. On a nice day, it is walkable to the waterfront, where I enjoyed some very good seafood. The housekeeping staff at the Sheraton took excellent care of me. Kudos to the very kind and attentive staff. My room was nicely equipped for working. Overall, it is a comfortable, clean hotel that I would recommend to conferees, tourists, and business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

MJchemist - Thank you for the very kind review! We appreciate the feedback on our Housekeeping staff as it speaks to the importance we place on ensuring our guests are well taken care of. I have personally shared this with the team!
Trevor

Write a ReviewReviews (4,704)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I am a SPG preferred member and normally enjoy staying in Sheraton hotels. I've been around enough to have experienced different Sheraton hotels in US. I stayed in neighboring Hilton hotel for 6 nights for a conference and my wife flew up to join me for the remaining weekend so we're staying in Sheraton (2 blocks away) for two nights. We're staying in Sheraton right now as I'm writing this review. Let's start with positive.

Positive
1. Rooms are up to Sheraton standards. Nice view (19th floor deluxe king room), comfy beds, big floor plan, clean.
2. Location is perfect for anyone visiting downtown Seattle.

Negative
1. Too busy. Long lines at front desk, takes more than 90 seconds to reach anyone(operator, guest services, house keeping, front desk, etc) on the phone from the room.
2. No fridge in the room. Only minibar.
3. No free internet.

Now, I don't want to include this personal experience in the general negative category, but this experience so far staying in this Sheraton is not very pleasant. We arrived at 3PM (their advertised check in time) with a deluxe king bed room reservation made over a week ago. When we got there with our bags, the front desk said our room was not available and should be ready in 1 hour as she was going to request a room in 18th floor to be prepared for us in expedited fashion. She took down my cell# so we checked our bags in and went out for a walk. I didn't receive any call by 4PM but decided to get back anyway. We got back to front desk at 4:30PM and explained what had happened. The new lady we spoke to said she doesn't know since she wasn't the one I spoke to earlier. She didn't see any notes in her system that had a room being made for us either.

She ended up putting us in another room on 19th floor of same level. The room was good at a first glance and we went out to hangout and came back late. this morning, we just realized that there were no towels in the bathroom, except for a used single towel hanging on the wall. My wife had already started taking shower so I picked up the phone and dialed "0", got a machine saying my call is very important and to wait. I hung up and tried guest services, housekeeping, and front desk separately, and got the same response.

With my frustration supressed, I dialed "0" again and waited. After about minute and a half, i got through and explained that there were no towels in the room. The lady apologized and said she will send towels ASAP. After about 5 minutes, I got one shower towel, and one hand towel sent up to the room. I explained to the housekeeping lady that came up that I have no towels in this room and will need more. She got little upset saying that I had declided house keeping for today and now I want more towels. I explained to the lady that there are no towels but she didn't seem to understand but she did bring me another set. So now I have two shower towels and two hand towels. I called back to guest services (after waiting another 90 seconsd on the phone) and all I got was "sorry!" and abrupt hang up. If I gave 90 seconds to talk to her, she should've given me few seconds to let her know of my dissapointment.

Obviously, this room was not ready and now I wonder what else has not been cleaned. I wanted to request a new room but it'll now be more of a hassle to repack and move. I thought I was upgrading our stay by checking in to Sheraton but it would've been better staying at Hilton.

I've stayed at some horrible hotels with big names before but my experience with Sheraton has generally been positive so my experience here in Seattle Sheraton to be somewhat odd. I'd expect a hotel like "sheraton" would try to do more here. the "three star" hilton couple blocks away did everything they can (maybe little too much) to make sure I was doing ok. Free internet, free breakfast, top floor room offered to me without even asking...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Mark B - Thank you for the constructive feedback on your most recent stay with us. Please accept an apology from myself on your extended arrival experience and the less than stellar Housekeeping towel service. I would like to gain additional information from you as this will support my desire to refine our services. Please reach out to me at trevor.brauser@sheraton.com when you have an opportunity.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times. It has an excellent location and service. It has two towers one newer that other. Naturally the newer tower has better rooms; however the gym and swimming pool are located in the old. If you don’t mind cross the hotel room to use these facilities stay at the newer tower. All the rooms are big.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Artur R - Thank you for your most recent review! I am glad to hear that your past 3 experiences with us have been excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cheers,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel was a great value -- tons of hotels in the city (including the properties at which I usually stay) were booked up, and I found a very good corporate rate at the Sheraton. So, given what I paid relative to the going price for hotels at the time of booking, the Sheraton was a bargain!

This is a large, urban convention hotel and has the relatively generic feel of such a property. That doesn't mean it was bad -- the design was pleasant (a bit modern) and everything was clean -- it was just unexciting. I thought the hotel had a recently renovated look about it; the lobby looked pretty sleek (while still being pretty traditional in its decor) and my room had a pretty fresh feel about it.

My room was a good size, with a nice desk, very comfortable beds, and lots of plugs! So, no complaints about the room.

The fitness center, on the hotel's top level, is very nice -- lots of space, tons of light, and very good equipment.

Service was average. I placed a room service order, and initially the wrong order was brought to my room. I thought the staff didn't really go the extra mile: for instance, I stored my bags with the bellman on the day of departure. When I came to pick them up, I was headed outside for a cab. I am pretty accustomed to a bellman wheeling your bags outside for you, but when I began to walk that way, the bellman said, "oh, you want me to take them out?" -- I got the cue and took them out myself. Then, when I handed the valet my claim tag, he said "go give it to the valet cashier," who was just down the way. It was no big deal to walk over there -- but at a hotel more focused on service, the staff member would have taken the claim check and walked it over himself. Small matters in the scheme of things, but I would have loved to see more of a service ethic.

The hotel's location is fantastic -- center city Seattle, within walking distance to the Market, lots of shopping, several restaurants, etc. Parking was expensive, but valet was fast.

This hotel won't become my default choice for Seattle, but if the circumstances warrant, I also wouldn't hesitate to book here again. Overall, I recommended it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

brmusicman - Thank you for the valuable feedback on your recent stay. We take a lot of pride in how our property looks and feels. You are spot on with your observations as we renovated our lobby space, Sheraton Fitness space and added the new tower just a few years ago. Also -your observations with going the extra mile are correct and I value your candor. I will use these comments as a training tool with my team! I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back.
Take care,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while at a conference at the Convention Center, which is one block away. Close to major tourist places and nice restaurants. You can walk a block to take the monorail to the Space Needle (ride takes 2 min). Room was clean, service was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary, which I noted on our reservation. As Starwood preferred guests, we had a room on the 32nd floor, which was the "club floor". The hotel surprised us with a bottle of champagne and a collection of chocolate covered strawberries, compliments of the hotel. Our room was spacious, for a downtown hotel, it was clean and modern. We had a nice view from the room.
The valet parking is expensive at $44 for the overnight. The valet service is, however, worth it. It is well staffed, your car is immediately parked, and immediately returned upon request with unlimited in-and-out privledges. It isn't just one or two kids parking cars, it is a professional staff, you get what you pay for in this area.
We had a beverage and a snack in the hotel bar, the portions were ample, the price is comperable to any other downtown hotel.
The club floor offered complimentary hor's dereves, which were good. We did have dinner reservations, so we didn't "load up". Continental breakfast was also complimentary, with a generous selection, fresh fruits, etc.
We would definately recommend the hotel as a great value, and would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: higher floors obviously offer better views, the tradeoff is stopping at many floors on the way up. I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

jtjems - First of all congratulation on your 33rd wedding anniversary and so excited you decided to spend your evening at the Sheraton Seattle. The team always looks for those fun opportunities to suprise our guests and appreciate that you gave us the clue to your stay! Thank you for the great review and we will be awaiting your return on your 34th celebration.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions for various outings. It is in a great location where you can just park the car for the weekend and enjoy all that Seattle has to offer (both day time sights and going out in the evenings). If you can't walk it is an inexpensive cab ride to most places. Hotel parking is expensive, but I guess that is expected. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, even when the hotel is clearly running at a peak periods of the day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Beancounter314 - Thank you for spending the weekend with us and appreciate the kind review. We are very lucky that the Sheraton Seattle in located in a very central location for guests to have easy access to all the various Seattle attractions. Thanks for commenting on that. We hope to see you again soon!
Take care,