“First Class Hotel”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times. It has an excellent location and service. It has two towers one newer that other. Naturally the newer tower has better rooms; however the gym and swimming pool are located in the old. If you don’t mind cross the hotel room to use these facilities stay at the newer tower. All the rooms are big.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Artur R - Thank you for your most recent review! I am glad to hear that your past 3 experiences with us have been excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel was a great value -- tons of hotels in the city (including the properties at which I usually stay) were booked up, and I found a very good corporate rate at the Sheraton. So, given what I paid relative to the going price for hotels at the time of booking, the Sheraton was a bargain!

This is a large, urban convention hotel and has the relatively generic feel of such a property. That doesn't mean it was bad -- the design was pleasant (a bit modern) and everything was clean -- it was just unexciting. I thought the hotel had a recently renovated look about it; the lobby looked pretty sleek (while still being pretty traditional in its decor) and my room had a pretty fresh feel about it.

My room was a good size, with a nice desk, very comfortable beds, and lots of plugs! So, no complaints about the room.

The fitness center, on the hotel's top level, is very nice -- lots of space, tons of light, and very good equipment.

Service was average. I placed a room service order, and initially the wrong order was brought to my room. I thought the staff didn't really go the extra mile: for instance, I stored my bags with the bellman on the day of departure. When I came to pick them up, I was headed outside for a cab. I am pretty accustomed to a bellman wheeling your bags outside for you, but when I began to walk that way, the bellman said, "oh, you want me to take them out?" -- I got the cue and took them out myself. Then, when I handed the valet my claim tag, he said "go give it to the valet cashier," who was just down the way. It was no big deal to walk over there -- but at a hotel more focused on service, the staff member would have taken the claim check and walked it over himself. Small matters in the scheme of things, but I would have loved to see more of a service ethic.

The hotel's location is fantastic -- center city Seattle, within walking distance to the Market, lots of shopping, several restaurants, etc. Parking was expensive, but valet was fast.

This hotel won't become my default choice for Seattle, but if the circumstances warrant, I also wouldn't hesitate to book here again. Overall, I recommended it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

brmusicman - Thank you for the valuable feedback on your recent stay. We take a lot of pride in how our property looks and feels. You are spot on with your observations as we renovated our lobby space, Sheraton Fitness space and added the new tower just a few years ago. Also -your observations with going the extra mile are correct and I value your candor. I will use these comments as a training tool with my team! I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while at a conference at the Convention Center, which is one block away. Close to major tourist places and nice restaurants. You can walk a block to take the monorail to the Space Needle (ride takes 2 min). Room was clean, service was excellent.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary, which I noted on our reservation. As Starwood preferred guests, we had a room on the 32nd floor, which was the "club floor". The hotel surprised us with a bottle of champagne and a collection of chocolate covered strawberries, compliments of the hotel. Our room was spacious, for a downtown hotel, it was clean and modern. We had a nice view from the room.
The valet parking is expensive at $44 for the overnight. The valet service is, however, worth it. It is well staffed, your car is immediately parked, and immediately returned upon request with unlimited in-and-out privledges. It isn't just one or two kids parking cars, it is a professional staff, you get what you pay for in this area.
We had a beverage and a snack in the hotel bar, the portions were ample, the price is comperable to any other downtown hotel.
The club floor offered complimentary hor's dereves, which were good. We did have dinner reservations, so we didn't "load up". Continental breakfast was also complimentary, with a generous selection, fresh fruits, etc.
We would definately recommend the hotel as a great value, and would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: higher floors obviously offer better views, the tradeoff is stopping at many floors on the way up. I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

jtjems - First of all congratulation on your 33rd wedding anniversary and so excited you decided to spend your evening at the Sheraton Seattle. The team always looks for those fun opportunities to suprise our guests and appreciate that you gave us the clue to your stay! Thank you for the great review and we will be awaiting your return on your 34th celebration.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions for various outings. It is in a great location where you can just park the car for the weekend and enjoy all that Seattle has to offer (both day time sights and going out in the evenings). If you can't walk it is an inexpensive cab ride to most places. Hotel parking is expensive, but I guess that is expected. The staff have always been friendly and helpful, even when the hotel is clearly running at a peak periods of the day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor B, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Beancounter314 - Thank you for spending the weekend with us and appreciate the kind review. We are very lucky that the Sheraton Seattle in located in a very central location for guests to have easy access to all the various Seattle attractions. Thanks for commenting on that. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here while at a conference at the Convention center which is next door. Amenities were fine, rooms clean, and easy to walk to major tourist areas. Service was good. Be careful of oversize double beds which are not queens. We had to change rooms after checking in as the oversize doubles are just a little longer and not as wide queens. Staff was very accommodating.

Room Tip: As for a room higher up with view.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Sheraton Seattle is a very nice but unremarkable hotel in a central downtown location. The lobby and common areas are impressive but they lack character. The rooms are large with extremely comfortable beds and large windows but the bathrooms could use some updating and my cable was undependable during my entire stay Their fitness center is probably the standout amenity with its dramatic view and pool but the pool area can get crowded and almost night clubby in the evenings. The hotel is not inexpensive but still charges a semi-outrageous amount for daily internet usage. I would recommend the Sheraton for dependable accommodations within walking distance from some of Seattle's great sights including Pike Place Market but it needs slight adjustments to be great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Marci B - Thank you for your feedback and your most recent review on the Sheraton Seattle. The new Union tower, our Sheraton Fitness and pool were renovated in 2007 and we are very proud of those spaces. I can't imagine there is a better view for your workout or swim when you are 35 floors high. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.