“Nice place, good staff, clean and good location”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I used Priceline "Name your own price" and got a room for a 2 night stay for $101 a night. When I got there it was about noon and I had to wait until after 2:30 to check in but they held our bags for us & we just went out and grabbed some lunch. There was a little bit if a mix-
up regarding my request for a king size bed but the management ended up upgrading me to a corner room (larger room, HDTV, king bed) and didn't charge us.

We also asked to be put in the new tower, as recommended by other people here. It was nice but we explored the older tower and it was nice too. My only complaint about the new tower is that the pool/spa/
workout area is located on top of the OLD tower and you have to go through the lobby to get to it. If we knew that then we would of been happy to have a room in the old tower.

Free wifi in the lobby but you have to pay for it in the room. A GREAT room safe! I have a larger laptop and this is the first hotel that it could be locked up with room to spare.

The staff was professional and polite, and they actually knew the answers to any questions I asked. The place was spotless, even with a convention going on. We asked for robes and they happily supplied 2 nice comfy ones...no charge.

My only minuses were the bed was a little hard (but still comfy) and the additional fees for the little things...which is typical of the hotels in Seattle anyway. Parking was $35 a day and in-room internet was $11 a day.

Otherwise: nice size rooms, good security, friendly staff, clean, and the employees were professional and friendly. If you are flying in I would suggest not renting a car as down Seattle can get crazy & parking is expensive. This hotel was within walking distance to most attractions (the Space Needle has a monorail a couple of blocks away) and I would be happy to stay there again.

A cab from/to the airport is about $30. They have a generic shuttle that runs through a string of different hotels for $18 round trip pp.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank skydeals

Reviewed February 28, 2008

We stayed in the new tower and got a corner room. The bed was comfy and the room was just amazing. The amenties and decor make you feel like you're staying in a 4-5 star hotel. The location is so convenient to everything. Everyone from the front desk to valet is are very friendly. We would definitely come back not just because the hotel was great but the rate was fantastic for what youre getting. You can get an amazing rate right from the sheraton website.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chocokat
Reviewed February 26, 2008

We go to Seattle often, but this was the first time we stayed at the Sheraton. I chose it because of the positive reviews I read on TripAdvisor, the fantastic promo they had on their website ($129 + tax for the weekend) and the location.

I was really impressed with their renovated modern lobby, it felt similar to the W (another Starwood hotel) but larger. The staff was more mature & friendlier than the W. There's ample seating in the lobby to read the newspaper, an area of computers for guests, a takeout cafe/bakery and a restaurant/grill...from what I saw.

We requested the renovated Union St Tower and were really happy with the room - decent downtown view, new furnishings, very comfortable and contemporary. There was a flatscreen TV, Starbucks coffee and Bliss products in the room.

To make it even better they should add robes and a complimentary bottle of water - the tap water was too chlorinated and the mini bar bottled water was $4.

The location is perfect because it's so close to Pike Place market, downtown shopping and the great restaurants in Belltown. Everything that we needed was within 1 block or 2: bank, coffee shop, pharmacy, great stores & parking.

We parked in the Convention Centre lot for $24/night versus paying $35/night at the hotel. The Centre is safe because it's either packed with cars during the day or closed at night.

We ate at some fantastic restaurants: Tavolata and Union. There's a cool lounge around the corner from the hotel called Vessel with great cocktails, music and interior. For breakfast we ate at the market (lots of options) but didn't have a good experience at Cafe Campagne...we waited 45 min for breakfast and then it was served cold. To top it off they weren't too apologetic.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AvidSkier
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Make sure you request a room in the remodeled tower!! We stayed one night in the old tower and the rooms were very old and tired. The second night they switched us to one of the newer rooms and it was great and very modern. The location of the hotel is perfect...you can walk everywhere. We loved Seattle and would definitely stay here again just in the newer rooms!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelerSanDiego1
Reviewed February 24, 2008

The Sheraton is located in the heart of downtown, but not too close to noisy tourist traps. It is a very walkable distance to Pike's Place Market and accessible to all public transportation.

Although I expected the room to be a bit more modern in style, it was very comfortable. Our king size bed was soft, and there was plenty of space to move about in the room. The bathroom was also quite sizable.

The ammenities are great. The pool and the jacuzzi are on the top floor, and are a great way to relax after a long day walking around. The staff was pleasant, and very helpful.

Ask for a higher floor and get a great view of the bay!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank AA_Team
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I only stayed at this hotel for one night, but for the short time I was here I really liked it. This hotel was a really close walk to lots of shops and the Pike Place Market. It was a 5 minute walk to the market.

I took the recommendations on here and requested the new tower and was really impressed. The rooms were modern with nice furnishings and very clean! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was very nice and comfortable. I have not one single complaint about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank EGrattz
Reviewed February 13, 2008

The hotel is centrally located with just about everything you'd want to see and do downtown within walking distance. The lobby is beautiful with comfortable and intimate seating areas. Our room on the 17th floor was perhaps the quietest and cleanest room I've ever stayed in. Slept great in the very comfortable bed. Check out the Purple Cafe and Wine Bar for some tasty local wine selections and fun atmosphere. Great experience at this hotel, and I would stay there again in a heart beat!

Stayed: February 2008