“Nice 4 star, kills you on $44 valet.”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Anchorage
“Nice 4 star, kills you on $44 valet.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice 4 star, kills you on $44 valet. Got a great deal on Priceline only to find out that they charge $44 to valet or $30 to self park. No other real alternatives. Overall clean, comfy double "oversized" bed. Nice lobby with touchscreen computers with MS office 2010 :-) and nice Lounge.

• Stayed September 2012
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your experience with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention regarding the parking rates. The valet parking rates are comprised of a 22% city tax and remain competitive in the local area and other major metropolitan cities. If you are in the area again, I would be happy to assist you in locating parking at a rate that works within your budget.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel on September 21st and loved the great location. Within walking distance to Pike Place Market, Cheesecake Factory, monorail and just a great area to walk. It was also in the "free" bus zone which was nice.

There is no free wifi in rooms but you can get it in the lobby area plus they have complimentary computers in their lobby business center for guests. There is a 45 minute time limit on them which is perfect.

The front desk clerk was very nice when we checked in and offered pretty much whatever floor we would like. We found the room quite spacious and the beds were super comfortable.

We were told the parking would be $44 so didn't use it.

The only bad experience was when we asked the concierge Lucy questions-she was abrupt, not helpful at all and gave wrong information. (She was abrupt to the person in front of us too). Luckily we went back to the front desk and they were polite and provided the correct information we needed. Not a good experience though to have a concierge like that.

We would stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: We were in the Union tower on the 24th floor. No noise, good view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed recently for 3 nights in a deluxe double double room, purchased at a special price on the hotel's website. Lucked out on this deal; would have probably stayed elsewhere if we didn't get a special price at the Sheraton. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Room was nicely furnished; comfortable beds; good linens. Liked the Chihuly artwork in the lobby and in our room. Only complaints were the extra charge for in-room Internet and the high nightly parking fee. That said, the free lobby Internet access and guest computers worked just fine for us, and we found less expensive parking right across the street at the Meridian lot ($27 for 24 hours). Highly recommend the new Chihuly exhibit at the foot of the Space Needle. Had our best meal of the trip at Wild Ginger.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Your review was music to my ears, and I thank you for such kind and positive comments. I have always been proud of the staff here, and reviews like yours remind me why – they truly understand guest service – they get it – and it shows. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay and we hope you will do so again in the near future. We would appreciate another opportunity to be of service.

Manhattan, NY, USA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed here one night for business.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel as I had only been expecting a generic Sheraton. instead, the hotel was really luxurious and the staff was very friendly.

CHECK IN
The front desk staff moved quite quickly even though there was a pretty long line. I arrived early (around 11am) but they granted me early check-in, which was very much appreciated. The entire process was very quick -- no more than about 5 minutes.

ROOM
I had a room on the 23rd floor with two queen beds in it. The room was very spacious, including a really pretty window seat looking out onto the city. The desk and chair were well-appointed and the internet worked well. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens felt fresh. The bathroom was average, though very clean and well-equipped.

CONCLUSION
I didn't use the gym or order room service, so can't comment on those. That said, I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Seattle. The location was great, the room was nice and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. It is a very nice hotel and in a really good location. Walking to Pike Place Market was convienent and the monorail really is just 2 blocks away, which is handy to go visit the Space Needle. I stayed here for vacation, and I can see business travelers like this hotel as there were a lot of them around the lobby and business center. It is a good location for business or vacation. The convention center is nearby as well, walking distance to the hotel. This hotel actually takes up the whole block, and there are 2 towers. If you want easier access to the pool and fitness room, you would want the tower they are in, which is all the way on the 35th floor, instead of the other tower, where getting to that pool area is further and didn't seem to convienent. The view up there was nice though. The room itself was clean and beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable about getting around the area. There is a quick snack/grille near the lobby, which is convienent for a snack or water. Street noise was quiet, didnt notice much at all. Overall i would absolutely stay here again and recommend for anyone, vacation or personal. I had a good promo rate, so the rate is a factor as all hotels in the area seem to be high.

Room Tip: Call ahead to check which tower you want, if you want to be closer to the pool or not, otherwise i d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldygirl
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Seattle. It always nice to hear that you had a great sleep and our staff was friendly and accommodating. Our location is something we hear about often and appreciate that we are so close to it all! I will be certain to pass along your praise to our team and share your excitement about our property!

Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Seattle for a conference and found a great deal on this room. We walked in and were completely impressed by the lobby! The room had a wonderful view of downtown and the beds were very comfy. I wish we had been able to spend more time there - it had a great location with excellent shopping all around!

The only downside was the parking: either $30 valet or $22 at a garage 3 blocks away. But, I guess that happens in Downtown!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
aylesford uk
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at shearatons around the world but have never had service like that in Seattle. The worst being in the bar / restaurant after waiting for over 10 minutes for service in the bar and two waiters standing looking at us and going to the bar myself for service ( and completely ignored by the barman) a waitress informed me they were "off the clock" when asked why they were still there she didn't understand the irony I was installing. I told her it was the worst service I had ever had in a Sheraton and she argued the service was great ( god knows where the idea that the Customer is king comes from but obviously not Seattle ) I left the bar without a drink (the barman still ignoring me).
I could not get service at check in due to the long queue of people checking in at 22.20 hrs so decided to try from my room.
I called guest relations who advised me that the bar is run by a separate company and not sheraton ( a surprise to me) but put me through and was advised no manager was on duty ( even bigger surprise ). Returned to guest relations could not speak to duty manager as they were dealing with another guest ( surprise surprise with my experience)But eventually did speak to the on duty manager.
Will I stay in a Sheraton again???? I don't know
will I stay in the Shearton Seattle again not whilst I have a pulse.
There is no reason for poor service and shame on you Sheraton for putting up with this behaviour.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with adjoining doors as the noise level from next door is high. Make sure...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjmck1
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience with the Daily Grill Bar and lack of access to our Management Team. I truly wish to apologize for your experience and understand your frustration with an experience you describe. We have met with the Daily Grill management team and shared your feedback with them. The staff at the Sheraton Seattle works very hard to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. We value your business and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves if your travels bring you back to Seattle, please contact me.