“Excellent location, Very nice but not memorable.”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #32 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spent 5 nights here while on business trip with my wife.

Pros

Very clean room, each day maid service was excellent.

King bed was very comfortable, although I must agree that the pillows gave little support, this may be just personal preferrence, however.

Check in was excellent. When I told the person, Travis, that my wife and I used to live in Seattle, we were surprised to find the next afternoon upon returning to our room an antipasto tray, along with a card from Travis, waiting for us, welcoming us back to Seattle. This was a nice touch.

Overall the hotel is very nice, convenient to all destinations in the city center.

Cons

We were on the 28th floor, which is designated as a Starwood Premier Floor. The view was very nice, but I doubt the room was any different from other rooms. Overall the rooms are very nice, but not very big, nd nothing distinguishing about them.

Not to sound cheap, but there was no complimentary breakfast. We of course hd a nice full service restaurant in the lobby, but considering it was $8 for a bowl of oatmeal, I'd liked to have had an option for a quicker eat and run breakfast.

We would return to this hotel, but only if we are not traveling with the kids, as the rooms, although nice and comfortable, are not very big. Also, given the many hotels nearby in the city center, I'm sure there are better values, or more unique options available, especially if your stay is for a more formal or special occasion.

Room Tip: Nice and comfortable, not for a memorable or special event.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Pros:
+ Good downtown location - easy walk to downtown hotels, restaurants, Pike's Place, etc.
+ Decent views from room
+ Room is nice and spacious
+ Comfy beds
+ Parking has unlimited in/out privileges

Cons:
- On-site valet parking [only option as no self park allowed] at $44/day is very expensive. Off-site self park is about $30/day and located a block or so away. They could make this more competitive for hotel residents and have a higher rate for folks just visiting.
- Lobby and general areas can be noisy and crowded [there was some convention on there]
- A/C didn't work in room though the staff came to fix it quickly
- There are very few plug points in the room with poor accessibility. It was a pain to iron, charge my phone, etc. In today's age of many devices, this is a real pain. The hotel needs to fix this asap.

Notes:
* I did not use/try the internet service so don't know if this is free or any good

Room Tip: * Try to get a room high up [20th floor or higher] with a water view. * Park off-site if you want t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My son (5 years) and I spent a long weekend in Seattle. The Sheraton was a great location for walking around downtown.

Our room was spacious, quiet and very comfortable. Like others have commented, the beds are extremely comfortable. We were very surprised how quiet our room was ... we never heard anyone in the halls or even the neighbors. We opted for the "no service" option offered by this property.

While we didn't dine at any of the restaurants, we did make use of the pool on the top floor. For an indoor, downtown pool is was pretty nice - big enough and not crowded. The views from this level are awesome, as well.

We returned our rental car while we stayed here to avoid the expensive valet fees (and awful downtown traffic). We left the car in the front while we checked in and then returned the car a few blocks away. It was pretty convenient.

Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VWC_SD
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Seattle. It always nice to hear that you had a great sleep and our staff was friendly and accommodating. Our location is something we hear about often and appreciate that we are so close to it all! I will be certain to pass along your praise to our team and share your excitement about our property!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Beds were relatively comfortable, pillows were mostly useless - big fluffy down pillows that pretty much flatten out with so much as an arm across one. We requested a quiet room away from the elevators and for that were rewarded with a room as close as one could get to the elevators. I'm a light sleeper and several banging doors and dinging elevators interrupted what could have been 2 decent nights sleep. We were on a club floor for which we paid extra & did enjoy the happy hour one night. Interesting that we were served with a check for $0 serving as a reminder to tip the guy who brought us each a glass of water & kept the food Warmers stocked. My sister & I can't eat dairy by the way, so our choices were very limited.

We appreciated the "free" bottles of water each day & free in room wifi. $44 per day for parking seems a little crazy but, I knew ahead of time and there is a $30. Garage option about a block or so away.

I think for the money, next time we will stay at the Sorrento.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoisCooks

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. Glad you enjoyed your time in the heart of the city! On the other hand I wanted to send our apologies for your experience regarding your room location, and thus the lack of sleep it caused you. The pillows on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper are two feather and two synthetic as we try to accommodate all types of preferences. We do have more firm pillows available upon request and would have been delighted to bring them to you. It is not often that we hear from guests these types of issues. I will be sure to share them with our teams. Your feedback is valuable to us as we work to improve future experiences!
It is not often that we hear from guests that they were unable to enjoy a quiet night's rest and we would welcome the opportunity to invite you back to experience them at a more opportune time. Additionally, we would like to improve your impression of your club lounge experience. The Sheraton Seattle values your business and will do everything possible to create the experiences that drive the loyalty of our guests and of our partners such as yourself.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton, downtown Seattle and felt it offered great value. The room was clean and relatively spacious and the bed was super comfortable. The location is perfect for shopping with close proximity to the Pike Market. Friendly staff and we were was asked if we wanted a lower or higher level room. Nice touch. Of course we took the higher level room which offered a nice view. Also, being right downtown we expected it to be quite loud but it was actually quite peaceful at night. Nice surprise. Would definetly recommend this hotel. The only negative was the valet parking only at $44/night. Way too expensive, I wish these downtown hotels would do something about the crazy parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you are looking for a top-notch hotel without fussy stuff, then this is the place for you! When I first arrived, I attempted to drive under the hotel into the parkade as I had done a few years previous. As it turns out, and to my surprise, it is exclusively valet parking. Well, I was in a pickle in this parkade for all of 3 seconds when approached by a nice valet, who went above and beyond. He jumped in the car and guides us out of the parkade! Then he gives us a map as to where to go. Fantastic!
The rooms are superb, beds are the best I have seen anywhere. Very clean and you are very safe at night as keycards are required for the elevators after 11PM.
Location is perfect for shopping, restaurants and the ballgame we came to see.
Thanks for the great stay. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Have a drink in the lounge...very inviting and warm.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank James R

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Glad you were able to enjoy a baseball game and experience downtown Seattle with us! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Seattle and will pass on your praise to the Valet associates. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

stayed here last week while meeting friends in seattle. they were able to get me into a room as soon as i got there. nice high room with a great view. good clean and comfortable rooms, some of the most comfortable beds iv stayed in. typical good sheraton service. close to the shopping areas of downtown as well as pike place market. also near the monorail station at westlake which makes getting to seattle centre/lower queen anne easier. would definetly stay again!.

Room Tip: get a room as high up as possible for a great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo