“A great stay”

Ranked #34 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Calgary
“A great stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This was a very good place for our family to stay in Seattle. It was well located, clean and the restaraunt downstairs was very good. The staff did their best to make our stay comfortable

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I met our good friends here for an overnight before boarding our cruise ship to Alaska. We found our room to be spacious, clean, and full of amenities. The downtown location was so convenient to Pike's Market and shopping, and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this hotel whenever we visit Seattle!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a wonderful location for business and pleasure. The room was fair, nothing special. Our view was of other building...not great. The maid service was good.

The swimming pool says 4.5 feet , well if it was 3.5 I would be surprised! Could not really swim there. However the workout room looked nice and overlooked the city we did not use it.

We did not eat at the hotel so I can't say anything about that.

The AC did not work very well, I had to put it on 64 degrees just to keep it cool enough to sleep.

The towels were very small and thin. They only give you two for two people....what is it about bathing don't they understand?

Lucky I brought my own snacks, because the cost of a candy bar or bag of chips in the room was $3.50 WOW. The mini bar was nice but there again very expensive. We got the key to the mini bar and put our own fruit and drinks in it.

The location could not have been better; I could walk to the Pike Street Market and shop, have lunch or dinner. Easy walk and always a great experience no matter where I ate.
The market really does not open completely until 10:00 am. However you can go to the Crumpets shop for breakfast as early as 7 am. Oh my and if you like Crumpets this is the place for you, I choise the ricotta and blackberry...could not say enough about it.

I needed a drug store and close by on Pike Street was a Walgreens, however there appeared to be a lot of homeless people hanging out here. That did not bother me, but for some maybe try a different area for a drug store. There were long lines and a tad of yelling going on in the store! Not to mention one of the fellows was very poorly bathed and I had a hard time getting near him.

I would stay here again but I would just ask for a better view and I would ask for double the towels.

Oh if you have to park a car get ready to pay! We thought we would forego the $43.00 parking fee of the hotel and park across the street in the parking garage because we got back at 9:30 pm. Well mistake! We had to pay $45.00 even though we only parked for 10 hours! there is a premium you have to pay to park there overnight! wow don't fall for the false sign that says 10-12 hrs 27.00! Not true and taxes are 9% on top of the parking fee. Just park at the hotel and forget about trying to find a bargain, there in not one in Seattle!

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel as part of a conference at the nearby convention center. It is quite convenient to the convention facilities as well as lots of restaurants, and shopping. The room was pretty standard, the price was not too bad for a big downtown hotel, and the lobby was nice. I was told that I would have free internet access because of my Sheraton rewards status, but the one time I tried to check it out the web page seemed to suggest a rather substantial fee so I dropped the idea. For tourists, it is only a few blocks away from the Pike Place market, a block or two from the light rail station (that can take you to the airport or near the stadiums), and a block from the monorail station that takes you to the space needle.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window view of Puget Sound
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MizzouLizard
bb2bb, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear MizzouLizard,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. You mentioned a few of my favorite words; convenient, monorail and the Pike Place Market. I appreciate the comments about walking to the market; it is a favorite walking destination of not only me but a vast number of our guests as well! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike St or even just a two block radius around the hotel. I also appreciate the comments about the process you experienced while trying to use one of your Starwood Preferred Guest benefits as a Platinum Level Member. Internet use is complimentary at your level and we continue to work with our internet provider to make the process of using this benefit easier. Currently, you would simply need to accept the charges to your room and our systems automatically take them off prior to your checkout. Again thank you for your great post and feedback!

Madalena
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My grandparents took my cousin and I on a cruise that left from Seattle, so we stayed in the Sheraton one night. I typically really like the Sheraton, and this stay was no exception. I loved that we could walk so many places from the hotel! Since it's right on Pike's, you just walk down a few blocks to get to Pike's Market, which was great. And there's a bus/subway station right around the corner (we took a bus to U of W). The next morning, when we weren't sure where our ship was docked, the staff was very helpful with getting us to the right place. It was also a surprise to find a pool/spa and gym on the top floor!
Overall, great stay. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We're Starwood preferred guests, so our rooms were specifically for preferred guests.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel was conveniently located. Walking to all downtown locations as well as a few good bars for the nightlife. We also took a 20 minute walk to Capitol Hill from the hotel which was not too bad. The rooms were nice and clean. The service was good as well. When they found out that it is my birthday, they sent up a bottle of wine and a box of chocolate which was very nice of them to do so. Public transportation stations were close to the hotel, which made it convenient to get back and forth from the airport. I would definitely recommend .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Parham007
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed at Sheraton Seattle for two nights. Perfect location! One block from the link station and light rail. Walk distance to Pike's market, shops and all attractions in downtown. This is a big hotel and it's connected to a conference center. Rooms are basic... not impressive but it's enough for travelers. I did not like the bed at all: it's too firm. Only 4 pillows and pillows are soft not support to neck. But overall, it's a nice stay.

Room Tip: They have an option if you choose not to have room cleaning service-- they will give you 500 starwoo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple