“So-So...”

Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We use our Starwood Preferred Guest points to get a free nights stay. The room we got was a nice room, small, but clean. The bed was comfortable though it was not a king size (our reservation was for a king size). We also had an adjoining room. We would have called down to change rooms, but as we had to leave to make a show at the 5th Ave Theatre, and there was a HUGE crowd checking in (some convention going on, plus a wedding apparently), we thought it would take way to long to help us out.
Basically, things were reasonably fine until the french woman next door decided to call friends and family at 4am. It sounded to me like she was sitting in our room having the call. There is basically no sound proofing whatsoever between these adjoining rooms; because of this we did not sleep well at all.
On top of all this, we got charged $41 for parking for one night. Its highway robbery; Don't believe the $33.61 you hear from the front desk. Once you pay all the tax collectors, its another 22 percent. Just outrageous.
We stayed here once before, and that was a bit more quiet at night, but the staff tried to barge into our room at 9am on a Sunday.
Even though it was a free nights stay with the Starwood Points, its just not worth it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejbianchi
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Seattle Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed here just yesterday (19th May) with family from the UK. We were originally just looking at booking a Best Western Hotel, for one night only, and when I came to book it, the rate had gone up, so looked again, and decided I'd take a risk, never taken before by booking with hotwire.com. We paid $100 plus tax for a four star hotel, and after paying, we were booked in at the Sheraton.

After reading the reviews on here, as always, I thought we had got a better deal straight away than the $140 per night in a Best Western. We drove down on Thursday afternoon, checked in and the rooms were great, good size, nice sized bathroom with a good shower head and clean towels, flat screen tv, lovely & comfy queen sized beds, decent view in the heart of Downtown Seattle.

We went out for most of the day, then had a dip in the hotel pool, and hot tub on the top floor. Nice clean pool area, plenty of free towels to use, there is also a gym for guests free of charge too.

Had a great nights sleep, and for $100 per night in the heart of Downtown Seattle, there is no complaints from us!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was here for a conference and it was a good location. Close to restaurants, shopping, market, etc...the hotel was in good condition. Nice lobby with lots of cozy, quiet sitting areas. The rooms were nice, the windows very clean.
Typical big city hotel where you have to tip everyone for everything.
Conceirge was programmed for conference groups. We tried asking for some off the beaten path ideas and she was getting frustrated that we wanted something other than the "tour". She didn't want to talk anymore after we starting asking for non-tourist ideas. A park that would be nice to take a walk....she said if we didn't take the guided tours she couldn't help.
There was a nice program for skipping housekeeping (green promotion). I don't like housekeeping in my room after I clean it upon arrival but I did not notice the little card offering extra points or $5 gift card for putting this card under the door. I had put the do not disturb all 3 nights. My collegue noticed it and told me about it so I did get credit for 1 night. Seemed like they didn't want to promote it. I was NOT told about it upon check in.

The hotel stay was nice and it was a good choice for the conference.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had a bad experience with this hotel from the start. I work in a hotel myself so I know what good customer service is supposed to be but this whole experience was awful! I booked this hotel on Hotwire - a site where you don't see the hotel name until after you book - and I initially booked because of its location (which I must say is good). Because I had booked online I called this hotel to add a request to the reservation and was transferred to 5 different people! Once I managed to speak to someone in reservations I was spoken to very rudely ("I dont assign the actual rooms M'am! I can't help you").

The guest service agents we checked in with were very polite but the room itself had walls that were so thin I could hear every single word that the guest in the room next door was saying. I called the desk to ask that someone please solve the problem and they sent someone to ask the guest to quiet down but it wasn't as if the guest was being loud - they were just talking. But because the walls were so thin it was like they were in our room with us! I had to call the desk twice to complain and even then I didn't get any sleep until 3am!

At checkout (which like a previous guest said takes at least 30 minutes) I spoke with a guest service agent about the issue and she disregarded me as if I hadn't even said anything. I told her that I had the worst sleep I had ever had (and I have a 3 month old son!) and she didn't comment or ask about the issue. Needless to say I was not impressed with the way they treat their guests and will never stay at this Sheraton (or any other) ever again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank lyonene80
Madalena M, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Our most sincere apologies!
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your stay at the Sheraton Seattle. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the noise levels. I know it was extremely frustrating not to have a good night's sleep! I have shared your experience with your room blocking requests and noise issues with our teams and truly appriciate the feedback.
Sheraton Seattle prides itself on excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay.
We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Sheraton Seattle as our guest.

Warmly,

Madalena Miller
Director of Rooms

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed here when we came to see the musical "Mary Poppins" at the Paramount Theatre. The location was very convenient - only a couple blocks away and several restaurants to choose from located between the hotel and theatre.

We spent such little time in our hotel room or the hotel - I can't even comment on the tv or other amenities of the hotel. Hotel and hotel room was clean. The beds were comfortable.

The price for parking was steep - but I understand that is the going rate for Seattle downtown hotels.

When we returned to our hotel room at 11:30 to go to bed - one of the rooms was quite loud and keeping us up. I phoned the front desk and they promptly took care of it. As I could here the staff talking to the guests I must add they handled it in a most professional manner.

Check-in for us was smooth and quick. BUt I did notice a line had formed behind me when I was done checkin in and there was only 1 staff member doing "regular" check-ins - so those guest may have had to wait. No wait at check-out as I had no reason to visit the front desk at check out.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The location of the Sheraton is awesome. You're walking distance to Pike Place, to all the shops, to Pioneer Square. It's really great.

The hotel itself is pretty standard in terms of design and it's big. The staff is great and helpful. They have a boarding pass printer in the lobby.

Fitness center is big with a great view and they have an inside swimming pool! Also with a great view. They also have a club that has lounge chairs and some complimentary food/drink on one of the upper floors, also with a great view.

I really had a great stay at the Sheraton and have absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greatbeyond
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is located walking distance away from Pike's Market and other downtown sites and is attached to Seattle's conference facility. The hotel is reasonably well maintained and has a lovely widescreen game in the lobby which caught my kids' eyes immediately. However, I also chose this hotel for its advertised amenities i.e. swimming pool and hot tub, which were never available because the hotel was continuously full and the amenities were not sufficient for this number of people. I also waited in line to check out for at least a half hour since there was one woman on reception at 11:30 in the morning (when check-out is midday). So, the hotel is lovely, although the rooms could be better maintained, the water pressure in the bathroom was weak to put it mildly and clearly the service level does not match their room occupation levels. I was somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
bb2bb, Manager at Sheraton Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

I appreciate the comments about walking to the market; it is a favorite walking destination of not only me but a vast number of our guests as well! Plenty of shopping and dining options as well as you walk down Pike St, and it is nice and convenient to be so close to the Convention Center. On the other hand I wanted to send our apologies for your experience with our pool and hot tub. It is not often that we hear from guests that they were unable to enjoy those amenities due to the sheer volume and we would welcome the opportunity to invite you back to experience them at a more opportune time. Additionally, we would like to improve your impression of our check-out experience. Your feedback is valuable and has enabled us to focus on the volume levels you experienced and work to improve future experiences. The Sheraton Seattle values your business and will do everything possible to create the experiences that drive the loyalty of our guests and of our partners such as yourself. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Madalena