“Not ever again...”

Ranked #77 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Not ever again...”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here for one night on our way back home to Vancouver and was extremely disappointed in many things. When we arrived I waited at the check in desk while the girl at the front desk was on the phone for quite a while with no one else to help, then when she finished she had troubles checking me in telling me that she was new, which was fine and offered help if we needed help with dinner plans etc. After checking in we put our bags in our room and came back down to go out for dinner in which time a very large school group checked in of teenagers. Everything was fine, until about 8 or 9 at night, when the high school children were running up and down the hallways, I had to call the front desk which in turn called their chaperone, but they were still loud even after being talked to. And again at 2 am when they woke me up from being loud in the hallways.

In the morning I tried to be positive and go for breakfast which has terrible signage and is difficult to find, I had to ask the front desk which told me you have to walk through the pool to get to it. But the overfilled room with a line up of teens made me just turn around. My husband and I grabbed our bags and went to check out but with the large group of teens sitting in the entrance the girls at the front desk ignored me. One girl was helping another guest, and another was on the computer not acknowledging me. Then when she realized I was waiting to get help, she asked if I needed anything? I told her I would like to check out and she asked if I was a student with the school group in a rude tone? I told her no and asked if I could just leave but she was very vague on if I needed to do anything to check out.

I am really not a picky traveller all I ask for is a clean, reasonably quiet room. But I found the Quality Inn to be a huge disappointment, and I will not recommend it to anyone I know let alone be returning to it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MenzeisiiRS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Brought our two kids here from Eastern Wa, for spring break getaway. Was told on phone should have no problem checking in early, was not able, in fact, check in was supposed to be 4:00, didn't actually get our room til 4:45. When we finally got room, toilet wouldn't flush, maint came, water plunger was sticking. Toilet continues to run, have to continually "jiggle" the handle. On my way! Of main reasons we booked here was the pool, but wasn't told when we booked room, that the was a VERY LARGE group of young teenagers staying, and they took over pool and hot tub for the night.... About 50 of them. And add that the room was very small, Feel like we wasted money and one night of vacation!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kegholdem

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Parent with two kids, stayed 3 nights. I booked this hotel in advance through the hotel site. I compared the rooms between the two double and two queen options and decided on the two queens as I wanted the mini-fridge and microwave. I was shocked when I arrived in our room to see 2 double beds despite asking and paying advance for two queens, I called the front desk and the manager offered another room but the second room smelled like mold and the beds were no bigger. He told me they use "commercial size queens" that they are smaller then standard queens used in homes, but assured me they are still queens. Seriously what kind of crap is that? I am uploading a pic of my son (face blacked out) on these "commercial queens" he is 4'4" and just over 60 lbs. Clearly this is a double bed and I and everyone else is being scammed by being charged a queen size bed price. The rooms are too small to fit two normal queens.

As has been stated by others the rooms are very noisy even though we were far away from the elevators. You can hear everyone walking past or in the next room. The pillows are more like overstuffed throw pillows then real pillows. The rooms were clean. The fridge, microwave and tv were all adequate. The plug in the bath tub was broken and the water pressure was low so showering was like being in a gentle rain even on max pressure.

The pool was ok but in need of repair, Chipped flagstone everywhere on the main pool deck, the hot tub jets never worked so was just a bathtub, and the sauna is broken.

The hotel staff were helpful with directions to local attractions and the breakfast was good. The shuttle service was great if leaving the hotel but I could not book a return time but had to call to see if they were available. As a foreigner I did not like using my cell phone because the costs are high and with no guarantee of a ride, we walked home.

The staff were friendly but very limited in how they could help patrons. Another guest was over charged for her room by $400. I and several other guests waited in line behind her as she tried to get her money refunded and was told by management that it would happen but would take 5-7 business days (this was on a long weekend). That is a longtime to wait to get your money when on holidays.

The hotel is in a great location but there are several other hotels nearby (Best Western, Holiday Inn and Travel Lodge all within 1 block distance). I would not recommend this hotel to another family as I think there are better options in the same area.

Room Tip: Go for a double room as that is all they have unless you want to pay extra for a double just disguis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kamloopy
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A family of 3 we only stayed one night. The room was very small. Beds were worn out. Pillows extremely small and lumpy.
Swimming pool had a layer of scum in the morning. Weird smell in the room to top it off.

Breakfast was okay, but noise from the street and even other suites were very noticeable.

Would not recomend this hotel at all.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie V
Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was situated in the heart of Seattle...very close to everything we needed. Seattle Center and the Space Needle are within walking distance. Nice, clean yet simple rooms. Great variety of breakfast items offered for their morning breakfast...with made to order eggs and sausage available. (omelets offered for an additional charge) Good sized swimming pool and hot tub and the staff was very friendly. We were on an 8th grade field trip and the staff was very helpful and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jazzsherrie
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and found it was good value for money. The rooms weren't flash, it had the all the basics, one night we decided to stay in and made use of the spa and pool which was excellent. It was a good set up, we had dinner next to the pool as there were table and chairs setup. Breakfast was provided every morning which as a bonus! The location was perfect, close enough to walk or the skytrain is located nearby. I would stay here again :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marquette, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The room was kind of small, I wanted better/brighter lighting, and the room was nothing fancy, but none of that mattered much since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. However, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location was fantastic. That definitely contributed to us giving five stars to our Seattle visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends