Renaissance Seattle Hotel
$423
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,998 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
Reviewed September 16, 2007

This is definitely not what you would expect from a Marriott Hotel, and as a Marriott Rewards Member with silver status I know what I'm talking about. Tiny rooms, old scratched furniture, no minibar, no refrigerator, no in-room safe. Had a room to the I5, even on the 8th floor it was extremely noisy.

The whole hotel needs a complete refurbishment. Definitely no 4-star location.

Next time I'll have to visit Seattle, I'll try to get another hotel.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank chthomko
Reviewed September 13, 2007

From reading these reviews, it sounds like a complete different hotel than the one we stayed at. We stayed 9/12-9/15 and had a room on the "club level" floor 26. To say the rooms needed updating was an understatement. I am not usually one to care about what decade a style is in, but is a problem is when decades of dirt cause everyone in the room to itch and produce a rash. This was the case. Everytime we left the room, we could breath and did not itch. Return to the room and it began again. Carpet is a multi dark color which did a lot to hide the years of goodness knows what. We did not dare walk barefoot. Carpet was also tore up in every doorway and tiles were loose in the bathroom. Usually when a hotel remodels it starts with the most expensive room, so remodels are a long way off.

Beds were beds, nothing special. Bathroom the size of a closet, forget closing the door, it was not possible.

For those that need to know, friends of ours requested a handicap room because one of them is in a wheelchair. There is no handicap room! It is a regular room with a couple of shower bars as a minumum legal requirement.

NOT ONE SERVICE PERSONAL other than check in and the bar of course, spoke complete and coherent English. You need to know this if you want to communicate with housekeeping staff, or anyone in the gift store. It is incredibly frustrating to tell housekeeping to please leave extra towels over and over and have to draw pictures.

The so called "parking garage" is unmanned on entry and completely unsafe! You need to know this. It is in a dark, shadowed underground with exceptionally tight spaces. Elevators are not clear. You actually have to enter doorways to stairs and go up a flight to reach an elevator in some places. ANYONE can be in these stairways and believe me in this part of town, anyone is. BE CAREFUL!

Check in however was a breeze, check out also. This is where the English speaking folks are hidden. And the bar too of course, where they want to take your money without aggrevating you.

However, please note, my credit card has been charged twice for the entire stay and I am having the worst time resolving the issue. For some reason, they feel compelled to keep connecting me to the "front desk" of the hotel. These folks do not do billing. I am still trying after 2 days...

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank soosyq
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I booked the Renaissance through Priceline and got a very good deal, more than half off the hotel's internet price. So, I was worried that the hotel would be dumpy. Thankfully it was far from dumpy. It was great! Fantastic location. Excellent service. We booked a king size room and were given a one-bedroom suite. It was nicely furnished, large and very comfortable. I am very picky about bedding and the bedding met my high standards. The sheets were high thread count, smooth and covered the comforter completely (top and bottom sort of forming a duvet). The complementary coffee service in the morning was great. They also gave us parking ($25) for free. The food was good in the restaurants too. I would definitely stay here again.

The hotel exterior is under construction so it's hard to see the name as you are driving by.

Note: The hotel is right next to the freeway, but the soundproofing makes it hardly noticeable.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2007

We live in Vancouver, BC, and often spend weekends in Seattle. Having used Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" function many times, we are always happy when we get the Renaissance. It's much nicer than the Crowne Plaza or the Red Lion, and waaaay better than the sketchy Holiday Inn Express that you can get stuck with on Priceline.

The Renaissance lobby is lovely, the staff friendly, the rooms large, clean, and comfortable, the pool and gym very nice, and the location convenient enough. When we stay here we often walk to Pike Place, the Crocodile, and to the Space Needle and back several times during our stay. People who don't like to walk as much might find it a bit far from the Space Needle area, but that's why you stop at the NiteLite halfway for a drink!

The hotel parking is atrocious, we only use it when we're going to Bumbershoot and don't want to waste time coming back to move our car. But normally we use street parking-it's plentiful, close to the hotel, and free during evenings/Sundays/holidays.

I would never pay 260 dollars a night for this place, but for the three nights we have it booked this coming weekend we payed 258 dollars instead of the 700+ it would have been through their website. And that's during the Labor Day/Bumbershoot weekend when hotels are scarce. Seattle is an expensive hotel town. Even the Moore costs more than what we pay for the Renaissance, and it's a very budget boutique hotel.
It's a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 18, 2007

When I arrived around 6:00 PM, I was upgraded to a club room at check-in (a Marriott Rewards perk). The front desk clerk was very candid in saying that the only added benefit to the club room was the bathrobes! I paid $157 plus $25 in room taxes per night... along with $23 to park in the hotel garage overnight.

I was on the 26th floor, and there would have been nice views of Elliott Bay if not for the many taller buildings in the way. Fortunately, I did have a clear view of the piers to the south and a cruise ship in the morning.

The furniture and carpet in my room were dark and old, and included a 5" black and white, non-CATV Quasar TV, vintage 1986, bolted to the bathroom counter. Frankly it looked like something you'd pass up at a garage sale, old and dirty. There was no coffee maker in the room, but the hotel made up for it by offering complimentary coffee service in the morning, ordered the night before with the wake-up call. It arrived right on time, along with the newspapers.

The room service dinner was unremarkable, but the staff was very pleasant. In fact I found all of the staff to be very nice... friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business