“Seattle Renaissance a nice hotel”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #49 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Seattle Renaissance Hotel
We booked this room via Travelocity for a great price, it included parking and a free upgrade to a Suite.
Check-in...The staff member was nice and professional. We asked for a high floor on the cityside of the building and were given both request.
Hotel Room...We were in a two room suite, small living room area and a small bedroom but perfect for what we wanted. The room have multiple views from the window and there was limited street noise in our room. The room was clean and stocked well with linens, towels and hotel information. There were two tvs, one in the living room, guessing about a 37 inch and one in the bedroom again guessing 32 inch. The tvs were LG brand and both were a little fuzzy. The bed was semi-comfortable and the sheets were a little rough as were the towels. The bedroom had a nice window seat. The bathroom was on the smaller side but worked well, the lighted mirror is a nice touch. The bathroom door is a joke, guessing that due to the small size of the bathroom having a door open into the bathroom wouldn’t work well and having one open into the narrow hallway also wouldn’t work well. The bathroom was also missing a proper towel rack. The closet space in the hallway was good and there was a safe in the closet. There was also a small fridge and shelf area next to the closet.
Hotel...The hotel was nice, clean and the elevators were very fast. The bar and lobby area were nice. The gift shop was well stocked and had moderate prices. The parking garage under the hotel is a little tight and many of the parking spaces are also a bit tight.
Hotel Staff...All staff members were great, we ordered delivery twice and asked the concierge for delivery advice and they were so helpful and even provided menus to different restaurants that deliver. The housekeeping staff were friendly and did a very good job cleaning the rooms, kudos to them.
A coupleof issues...Two of the chanels on the TV were not working, we asked to be comped TV internet in return and the helpful employee did so, but the internet tv is not even worth the hassel when it is free.
The bathroom door was off its track when we arrived at the hotel room. Maintenance was called and arrived quickly, but didn’t properly fix the door. I ended up fixing the door after he left. We also decided the have the special Thanksgiving Buffet...to say the least it wasn’t worth the price. The food was cold at times and they ran out of things like mashed potatoes quickly and you had to wait for them to refill the items. The selection was also not great. I also think having this buffet in the actual space of the R-view Restaurant on the 28th Floor would have been better instead of the 2nd Floor Maxwells location. The management should realize that Thanksgiving is special are for the price of the meal having a nice view would be a nice touch.
Overall we would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel360365
Write a ReviewReviews (1,965)

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a conference with multiple non-profit organizations. The location of the hotel is ok, but do be aware that you will need to do a little walking to get to a plethora of restaurants. Within 6 blocks or so, one can be in the midst of shops, restaurants, etc.

The hotel itself is ok but I'm not sure I would call it a 4 star hotel but perhaps more of a 3.5 star. As a meeting planner, my reviews are based on more than the hotel room itself and take the meeting space and hotel amenities into consideration. At check-in, I was placed on the Club Level - 26th floor. My room was spacious with a king bed and two chairs. The view from my room included city sights as well as the freeway and in the distance on a clear day, one can see the snow capped mountains.

The hotel offers a decent sized fitness center on the 28th floor along with an indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel also offers a Business Center on the lower level of the hotel, however, it is costly to use ($1.20 per page printed black ink only) and while I was there, the equipment consistently was out of order.

Meeting Space:
I was not impressed by the meeting space. I felt it was older and needed renovations and is far too spread out over 5 floors. The first three levels on which the meeting space is located are connected by escalators but the additional 2 floors require use of the stairs or elevator. The rooms themselves are standard rooms though some have windows with a view.

Food:
The hotel offers one restaurant, one restaurant/bar, one coffee shop/bar and in-room dining. Food prices are consistent with most other hotels. Catering for events was perfectly fine and I was happy the hotel was willing to meet the diverse dietary needs of my group (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-intolerant, etc.). Room service was prompt and hot (unlike many hotels I have visited).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others though I am not sure I would host an event here again due to the layout of the meeting space. My main complaint about the hotel is the elevators. While I understand that my meeting included over 600 attendees, I was on the 26th floor and consistently had to wait for quite a while for an elevator to get to various floors. Though this hotel has 5 elevators, an addition of two more elevators would be ideal as they move fairly slowly and seem to not respond as quickly as in other properties in which I have stayed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessTraveler1983
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Overall, this hotel was pretty good. We stayed here for 4 nights and had very little interaction with the staff. Our room was small but nicely decorated. On our first night, we went to the bar on the 28th floor, where they had a great happy hour special and nice views of downtown Seattle.
The location is okay. We walked to Pike Market every day, and were able to walk to other downtown areas (Captiol Hill, Pioneer Square, the ferry terminal) as well. It is up a hill but it's an invigorating walk. If you don't feel up to it, it's easy to hail a cab around the city.
The walls were kind of thin. There was a really loud woman in the room next to ours. I had to knock on her door and ask her to quiet down b/c her loud talking was waking me up at 6 am every day. I could also hear our neighbors' alarm clocks.
In this day and age, I find it offensive that any hotel would still charge for WiFi. With this hotel, it was worse because they also charge for use of their computers.

2  Thank melhojo
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The room and bathroom was very clean and nicely furnished. The connoisseur was very helpful and gave us many suggestions for good places to eat. The only draw backs were that the walls are thin (you can hear your neighbours if they speak loudly), there is free WiFi only in the lobby and valet parking is expensive, but you can find free street parking.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is our second weekend stay at the Renaissance Hotel. We came back due to the friendly staff and updated clean rooms. Weekend special includes free parking or full hot breakfast. We walked to the Hilton 3 blocks to rent a car one day to drive to Southcenter Shopping mall (less than 30 min
drive south on I-5 in mid day). Other days we ate the wonderful breakfast. The staff were all very
friendly and accommodating. The concierge recommended dinner
And a grocery store 2 blocks away. The restaurant on the 28th floor has a fabulous view. The menu is not extensive but the food is tasty (a little expensive, but not more than other restaurants in downtown Seattle).
Front desk gave us an extra hour for late checkout to accommodate our schedule.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Sunnygirlmf
Reviewed November 12, 2010

THE GREATS ABOUT THIS HOTEL:

This hotel was amazingly up to date and modern, and so clean I could eat off the floors

The staff was impeccable. We were actually SHOWN around the lobby/elevators by the front desk staff.

The valet got a cab for us with a huge smile.

Our servers both for dinner and in the morning couldn't do enough for us. We were stunned.

The bed had a goose down comforter that I seriously wanted to steal. I've NEVER taken a thing from a hotel, but if I could have taken that bed and those pillows in my suitcase , I would have.

Water pressure was fantastic-the shower was terrific

Lots of elevators and escalators. We never had to wait.

THE NOT SO GREATS
Be to be sure and get a higher floor--we were on the 12th floor, and could still hear traffic noise from the nearby freeway.

There isn't much within walking distance as far as food, but the restaurant is pretty good. Have the Prix Fix menu of the salad and the salmon for $28.
Best salmon I've had in years.

Taxis are sitting in front of the hotel, there isn't a shuttle.

Has teeny water pot and enough coffee for 2 cups or enough tea for 2 cups. That was a cheap little surprise in the coffee center of the universe-Seattle.

NO microwave

AMENITIES
Room service was available
Aveno complimentary products
Ironing Board/Iron in room
Blow Dryer in Room
Extra blanket available in the closet
Fridge in the room
Small store on lower level-open until 10pm
Pool and Spa
Nicely equipped work out room, although busy

I priceline'd this hotel for $73, if that helps. I would have easily paid double...and not been upset about it at all.
We will return.

2  Thank Bridget63
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I purchased this hotel on priceline and was discouraged when I looked at website, did not seem appealing. I couldn't have been more wrong....the hotel is beautiful and the staff is awesome, very polite and helpful in every way. It is definitely on a hill but only a few blocks from Pikes Market and I guess there is a free bus that you can catch for a return trip. The only drawback is if you don't bring your computer, they have a business room but you pay for computer use by the minute.....
We would definitely stay there again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family