Renaissance Seattle Hotel
$489
$423
  • Pool
1,999 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
Reviewed August 29, 2007

We live in Vancouver, BC, and often spend weekends in Seattle. Having used Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" function many times, we are always happy when we get the Renaissance. It's much nicer than the Crowne Plaza or the Red Lion, and waaaay better than the sketchy Holiday Inn Express that you can get stuck with on Priceline.

The Renaissance lobby is lovely, the staff friendly, the rooms large, clean, and comfortable, the pool and gym very nice, and the location convenient enough. When we stay here we often walk to Pike Place, the Crocodile, and to the Space Needle and back several times during our stay. People who don't like to walk as much might find it a bit far from the Space Needle area, but that's why you stop at the NiteLite halfway for a drink!

The hotel parking is atrocious, we only use it when we're going to Bumbershoot and don't want to waste time coming back to move our car. But normally we use street parking-it's plentiful, close to the hotel, and free during evenings/Sundays/holidays.

I would never pay 260 dollars a night for this place, but for the three nights we have it booked this coming weekend we payed 258 dollars instead of the 700+ it would have been through their website. And that's during the Labor Day/Bumbershoot weekend when hotels are scarce. Seattle is an expensive hotel town. Even the Moore costs more than what we pay for the Renaissance, and it's a very budget boutique hotel.
It's a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 18, 2007

When I arrived around 6:00 PM, I was upgraded to a club room at check-in (a Marriott Rewards perk). The front desk clerk was very candid in saying that the only added benefit to the club room was the bathrobes! I paid $157 plus $25 in room taxes per night... along with $23 to park in the hotel garage overnight.

I was on the 26th floor, and there would have been nice views of Elliott Bay if not for the many taller buildings in the way. Fortunately, I did have a clear view of the piers to the south and a cruise ship in the morning.

The furniture and carpet in my room were dark and old, and included a 5" black and white, non-CATV Quasar TV, vintage 1986, bolted to the bathroom counter. Frankly it looked like something you'd pass up at a garage sale, old and dirty. There was no coffee maker in the room, but the hotel made up for it by offering complimentary coffee service in the morning, ordered the night before with the wake-up call. It arrived right on time, along with the newspapers.

The room service dinner was unremarkable, but the staff was very pleasant. In fact I found all of the staff to be very nice... friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We got a great deal on priceline (<$100/night) but were treated as if we paid full price. Room was nice with very comfortable beds - the complimentary coffee and cocoa was a nice start to the day. The location makes it easy to see the sites, although the hills make your walk a little bit of an exercise. The Grayline shuttle from Sea Tac drops you off in front of the hotel and is very inexpensive. We ate in the bar one night and had good food that was reasonably priced, otherwise we ate at restaurants on the water. .
Taxi to the Victoria Clipper for the 2 of us was $10 with tip.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank chakrachick
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Hi

My wife & I just stayed there 2 nights. Like other reviews, the hotel needs a little lift up (which they were starting the outside facade when we were there) but we had great service. The Front Office employee : Darrell was really nice. Other staff are friendly too.We stayed in a Junior Suite, spacious and very calm. It was nice because we really caught up with the sleep we needed.

I would recommend this hotel and will of course stay there again. Great location, just a couple blocks away from every thing.

Have fun

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 19, 2007

This is the third time that my wife and I have stayed at this property. The exterior of the hotel, its hallways and rooms appear to need some updating, as all appeared to be a bit worn. However, the room that we took was sparkling clean. The location of this Renaissance is great for touring the city, and it's tied with the Renaissance-Tobu in Tokyo, Japan for having the most accomodating and kind employees that I've ever encountered. Also, the room service at the Seattle Renaissance provided the quickest service, the most appetizing meals and the most food for the money that I've ever experienced at any hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple