“Nice and clean, good buy on hotwire. No bargains, though...”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Puyallup
“Nice and clean, good buy on hotwire. No bargains, though...”
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We were excited about getting a room for less than $100 in downtown Seattle...but.... As the other reviews state, you do hear a lot of traffic noise, even on the west side. Barely a view of the water, since there are so many other tall buildings blocking the view. Very good appetizers for the $2 happy hour price. Room very clean, roomy. No bargains for us, since we reserved on hotwire... Others have mentioned free parking, free desserts, free breakfast, etc., but not with our budget reservations... I guess you pay one way or the other - parking was too expensive and we didn't get a break... We enjoyed it, anyway. Would choose a different hotel next time, though. No microwave, small shelves in small refrigerator - couldn't put our leftovers in it... Loved the pillows & feather comforter...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the Thanksgiving weekend and we were happy with our room. It was spacious and clean, with great views. The hotel has a great 28th floor restaurant/bar called the Visions Lounge which has a good happy hour and great views of the city. Another great thing about the hotel was the free gym and pool access.

My biggest gripes with the Renaissance was it's expensive parking ($38/day), location, and expensive internet services ($12.95/day). It is adjacent to the I-5 and it can get a little loud. Also, it's a bit of a walk to downtown attractions like Pioneer Square, Pikes Place, and the mall. Coming back after a long day downtown can be difficult as the Renaissance is located atop a San Francisco-esque hill.

Still, with all that, I think it was a good value. Large, clean, comfortable rooms with a nice lounge, and good concierge service. I think it was worth the extra walking.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 19, 2009

The Renaissance Hotel in Seattle, WA is an excellent place to stay on business. The rooms are large and comfortable and the hotel is equipped with all of the usual amenitites--fitness center, restaurant, lounge, etc. What makes this hotel particularly outstanding, however, is the concierge. He made restaurant reservations for me on multiple nights and all of recommendations were superb. The hotel is within easy walking distance of nearly everything in downtown Seattle. If I had one complaint about this hotel, it's that it charges for internet access in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Orange County, California
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I spent three nights at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle. The rooms were well supplied. The bed was very comfortable and spacious. I only had two complaints:

(1) This hotel is noisy. It is adjacent to Interstate 5 and I had a hard time sleeping at night. For this reason alone, I would probably not stay there unless I could get a room on the western side of the hotel. I heard traffic at all hours of the night.

(2) The concierge lounge is way too small for the number of business guests they have. We had very little space to sit down and eat. The concierge staff was very attentive.

This is a nice hotel...but I need peace and quiet when I sleep.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Renaissance, November 8-10th.
We found it on Hotwire for $88 per night US which was a pretty good deal.
At first we were given a room which was too noisy as it was overlooking the
highway, but we had no problem having our room switched to the other side.
It was on the top of the hill, but no problem at all walking to Pike Place Market.
You really do avoid the steep climb back uphill if you walk back from a couple of blocks
over.
Great deal on Monday - Friday in the rooftop lounge. From 4-7 pm they offered
certain appetizers for only $2 each, and certain drinks at reduced prices also.
My husband and I went there before our dinner reservation and really enjoyed the
great view watching the sunset and the water in the distance.
The concierge was very helpful. He made our dinner reservations for us at
a really cool restaurant called "Purple" which I had checked out prior through
trip advisor. It was just a short walk away. When we got to the restaurant we
were pleasantly surprised to find out the concierge had ordered us a free appetizer.
The pool and hot tub area of the hotel were quite enjoyable also. It's on the same
floor at the lounge and has a great view.
The first night we had a nice dinner at Tulio which is very close to the hotel.
It was a cozy Italian restaurant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights and nothing stands out that was overwhelmingly negative or overwhelmingly positive. The location is good - but be warned, the walk to the waterfront is down a very very steep hill. The room was nice, very comfortable bed, also nice tv and sitting area, refrigerator, everything seemed new and well placed. The water pressure in the shower could be improved, but it was ok. Good service and nice views on the 28th.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I got a deal of $70 per night through Priceline for this hotel. At that price it was a good deal. If I was paying the $170-200 I saw on their web site I would have been disappointed. The room is clean and had sitting chairs. Almost everything in the hotel only comes with extra $$. I big pet peeve for me is that they charge for internet access. In this day and age, wireless should be free at every hotel.

The location is poor as it is right next to the freeway. Also, that area of DT Seattle on a weekend is pretty dead.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends