Renaissance Seattle Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Belltown Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$282
$274
$254
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$288
$254
Kimpton
$415
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$187
$454
galahotels.com
  • Pool
1,988 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We booked this hotel because of its downtown location and proximity to the pier where our cruise to Alaska departed.
Arrived in Seattle two days prior to cruise and also on the day the cruise arrived as we had a late night flight.
Extremely good value for a large, comfortable room with a good downtown location. This is easily of 4 star hotel with 5 being the highest. Staff was extremely helpful and polite and knew what the word "service" meant. We did sightseeing and taxis were always available at the door. All in all a very satisfying experience. What one would expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I picked this 3.5 star hotel for location (Pike Place market) and style, although it turned out to be right over the freeway and not really where I would consider the Pike Place area. There was great (free) public transportation just a few steps a way so that was not a problem. The hotel staff was cold: check-in was efficient but indifferent; concierge was so full of himself that he did not even make eye contact or smile while he was on the phone. I finally walked away. After we unpacked, left and then returned from our day, we found the toilet did not work. They had no part on hand (for a toilet??) and the maintenance man told us we would have to pack up and move. The desk was unapologetic and sent us to another room, which turned out to be a corner room and extremely small. After 5 pleasant days about town, we would have taken this all in stride -- until the ultimate blow. My favorite, and one of a kind, jacket was left hanging in the closet when we departed to stay with a relative and when we called to retrieve it, it had not been turned in. We called for several days: the lost and found, then the hskp supervisor, then the GM, but they could not or did not attempt to retrieve it from the dishonest staff member/thief. The GM (had a french accent) even said "I will take this personally." We never heard from him. STAY AWAY. There are much better choices for hospitality and locations in Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tzy123
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We recently traveled to Seattle for a short vacation and stayed at the Renaissance. I was somewhat underwhelmed. The location is pretty good; not great. It's at the top of a large, steep hill, so if you're planning on walking around Seattle, be ready to make the the climb more than once (this is coming from a person who's in pretty good shape). It is walking distance to the ferries, shopping, museums, and the Pike market, but it isn't a short walk. It is also RIGHT NEXT to the freeway, so if freeway noise bothers you at night, then this isn't the place to stay.

Our room was clean and fairly comfortable, although our reservation was messed up and we ended up changing rooms to accommodate our needs, which were communicated in our original reservation. The Internet service was $13 a day, which seemed a little high. The soap / shampoo in the room was horrible. This sounds like a small thing, but we travel frequently and I try to limit what I bring, so I've started depending on whatever is provided. Normally this isn't a problem from a 4-star hotel, but this time I felt like I was showering at the Motel 6 with the no-name soap and shampoo that smelled like cheap cologne.

The breakfast at the hotel was very good and the service very friendly. However, we had our 20-year-old son with us and when we sat down to order a drink near the bar one evening, they ordered us out of the area because he wasn't 21. I can understand this since Washington has a strict law, but the area was large and not easily defined as being the "the bar", we weren't familiar with the law, and they were a bit loud about the whole thing which was embarrassing to our son.

Overall, I wish we had stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We arrived at the hotel after a long flight from Boston with our 1 year old. The moment we stepped onto the property, the staff helped us feel welcome. They checked us in early (around 1:30) and gave us a room on the Puget Sound side. A few hours later, we noticed our fridge wasn't working properly, and they arrived with a replacement within 10 minutes to make sure our daughter's milk was kept cold. We enjoyed the pool on the top floor (terrific view!), though were disappointed that the hot tub was not working at all during our stay. Because of the time change, we were up bright and early with our daughter (sadly, around 3:30am the first few mornings.) My husband and I would switch off taking her down to explore the lobby while the other one slept. The lobby was quiet at that time except for the cleaning staff, who were extremely friendly and tolerant of our daughter running around.

The best part about this hotel is its location. It's very convenient to the highway, so easy to get to, plus its a short walk from Pike Place, Westlake Center (monorail to Seattle Center) and lots of restaurants and grocery stores. We almost stayed at the waterfront Marriott but ended up getting a much better deal at the Renaissance, and I was glad we ended up where we did. Traffic down near the water would have been a nightmare.
All in all, we were very impressed with this hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Let me start by saying we are in no way picky, if anything we are usually very content with hotels. You can see by my profile we hardly every have complaints. This hotel however, was an acception.

Rooms on the side with I-5 have a constant noise from the freeway. Obviously not the hotels fault, but it's not the best location for good sleeping. The sliding door in the bathroom was off the hinges when we got there. The coffee maker didn't work and we waited at least a half hour for another to arrive before deciding to just check out since it never showed. At checkout they did get us some coffee which was nice. The swimming pool was out of towels and we waited 45 minutes before some arrived. Not fun when you are finished swimming and have to stay for another 45 minutes in order to dry off. The windows were foggy, I think they need to somehow clean in between the inner and outer panel.

The beds were good, I guess that's the best thing I can say. I would recommend you stay at the Westin or Sheraton.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends