“Great hotel, great location”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed for a weekend at this hotel with our 3 year old son. Close to the aquarium and the market. The hotel was clean, the rooms were large and comfortable. We also ate at the restaurant on site and the food was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the opportunity to have you as our guest and for your great review.
We do appreciate your nice comments about our service, rooms and restaurant.
We hope to see you again.

Rene Neidhart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This high-rise hotel in downtown Seattle is not the newest or most elegant, but it offers clean, comfortable accommodations. The rooms are nicely furnished and appear to have been recently updated. Our king-size bed was very comfortable. Do note that the Renaissance is several blocks removed from the waterfront. We were on he 25th floor and had a nice view. Lower down the scenery is more likely to be "concrete canyon." Service is friendly and spot-on. Our late-night room service snack was delicious, promptly delivered, and not outrageously priced. All in all, a solid, if not memorable, choice for business or tourism travelers to downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the top floors, facing west or north, for the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skeptic2241
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review.
We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed New Year’s eve with us. Please come back real soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here for business and thought that the location was quite convenient to local attractions and great dining. The staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. I would suggest checking out the bar and restaurant on the top floor. It has great views of the downtown area. The only downside was that my room backed right up to the highway and it was a bit noisy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank allydog0606
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your visit and your nice review.
We too love R view lounge, we do have some of the best view in the city. and I am glad you had a great experience.
If will share your comments about the friendly staff with my employees.
Thank you and please come back real soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This hotel has very friendly staff who seem generally interested in you as a person. From the front desk to the restaurant staff, I was really impressed by their friendliness and genuine interest in me. It wasn't just one person either, it was everyone. It really makes you feel welcome and at home. The food at the restaurant is also very good. I would recommend the dungeness crab cobb salad. Five stars for their friendliness!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank downtown33
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you much for staying with us and your great review.
I am so glad you enjoyed our service and the food. I like the cobb salad myself, but my all time favorite is the salade Nicoise. Try it next time.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here last week while on business at U-Wash. I am MR Platinum so I choose the best Marriott product and for us this was clearly the choice. There are express buses from the Univ St Station downtown up to the University of Washington, so much better to stay downtown for dinner, symphony and art museums.

Check in was a little confused, room not ready even though after check in time, sorted out within 30 minutes but after flying in from east coast it was tiresome.

Room cleanliness is good and all requests left for the maids were met, stayed in higher floor so did not have street noise issue.

Appreciated the conceirge lounge on the 26th floor, but the offerings for evening snacks were okay some nights but bare bones others. There isn't an honor bar so if the server in the evening needs to go and get supplies there is no way to get a glass of wine -- need a better system there.

Extended the stay from business to stay through the weekend -- this was a major holiday party hotel that turned out to be very noisy...our neighbors on Saturday night hosted the "after party" in their room until 3am...I needed to get up at 5am for an early flight back to the east coast so this was pretty bad.

For supplies, incl beer/wine, use Bartell's Drugs 2 blocks down Madison at 4th and Madison (despite address of 515 Madison this hotel is located at the intersection of 6th and Madison). Found this half way through the week's visit and wish I had found it the first day. It is a combo CVS and liquor/food store...everything a traveler can need is there.

The public library is one block away and worth a visit for its architecture and IT innovations.

Room Tip: Room 00-13 on each floor face west or north, so away from highway or if north have a view of the spa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank trimtabvirginia

Welcome back and thank you for the nice comments.
I am sorry about the delayed check in but glad that everything turned out ok.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a great property. For me, a five star Renaissance is the Paris Place Vendome. This property has a great downtown location. I felt safe walking to and from it at night. There is parking available underneath though it's a bit tight and the spaces are small. Not all hotels in Seattle have parking and i truly appreciated having my vehicle so close. Our rental car was an SUV but I found a parking spot where we fit.

Check in and check out were a breeze. I think it took about 45 seconds for both and there was never a line.

My room was comfortable. The bed was excellent and had plenty of pillows. I enjoyed the radio. The bathroom has good lighting for makeup and a nice sized shower. I liked the music that the property had playing- nice touch renaissance! I appreciate the details. The valets and staff were superb- incredibly polite and had excellent recommendations and travel time estimates were spot on.

Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review. I am glad you enjoyed our service and the comfort of our beds.
I hope you will have a chance to return.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here for a birthday present from my wife and to attend an event in the greater Seattle area. The appearance and areas were nice, but since I purchased this through Priceline, I did not have a *choice* in selection of hotels. But - I made sure to select only 4* and above since we dont stay in anything but 4*'s and above. I was relieved at first when I saw the Renaissance, but soon I would regret that feeling. Very, very disappointed in the entire experience. A waste of a good nights sleep, and we actually *paid* for that. I would challenge any manager or GM to visit room 602 and experience the bed and pillows - terrible. The pillows are huge and hard, and the bed is one of the most uncomfortable beds I have TRIED to sleep on. But it gets better. The hotel did not meet the minimum standards for a restful or peaceful nights sleep. The heating/cooling system was so loud, there is no way to sleep with that running (it was 17 degrees that night). The cold water faucets functioned, but only HOT water came out throughout the night. One of the worst nights I have had in a hotel. We must have got the sub-standard "Priceline" room apparently - I just cannot understand a Renaissance being like this. Yesterday morning I emailed the GM, Rene Neidhart and he has not replied to my concerns as of this time.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from room 602 and thoroughly ensure all systems work properly, including the bed, before y...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dillwinkle
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for your very constructive comments.
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us and we have been checking out room 602. We have replaced the a/c unit with a newer quieter model and are looking at the bedding. We also fixed the hot water problem, this does happen from time to time and is not a standard issue.
I am very good in following up when I receive correspondence from our guests. Your email did unfortunately not make it to my in box and if it is in spam I was not able to identify the source or the concern. In the mean time I have conducted you directly through the Trip Advisor direct link.