Renaissance Seattle Hotel
$282
$274
$254
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$288
$254
Kimpton
$415
Mediterranean Inn(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
$187
$454
galahotels.com
  • Pool
1,988 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungetop floornice hotelroad noisecorner roomself parkfitness centerwithin walking distancespace needlelobby barpike placeper dayparking garagefew blocksgreat roomdowntown areapioneer square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Let me start by saying I very much enjoyed my stay here overall and will absolutely return. The hotel is within walking distance to just about everything in Seattle although the comments about their being a tough walk back is fair for those choosing to walk up Madison from the water. If you start on Pike and stagger up the blocks it's a much easier walk. Fred, the concierge, was out of this world. He led me to some wonderful meals as well as the walking tip! The front desk staff was polite and check-in on a Tuesday night was quick. The lobby is stunning, but as most people mention, the rooms are really showing their age. Everything worked though, so there's that! Now for my biggest issue, I read many reviews about the noise level from the freeway and called ahead to ensure I would be in the quietest room possible. I was told that as a Platinum member, I was situated in their quietest corner suite. I could not sleep the first 2 nights! I'm a light sleeper, I'll admit, but the noise level was far too disturbing and it wasn't until I passed out from fatigued a few days in to my stay that I got the rest I was hoping for. On the last evening of my stay I was simply too tired to go out for dinner. I headed up to the R View Restaurant on the 28th for a steak which was slightly overcooked and underwhelming. I had too many good meals the nights prior with Fred's suggestion to have enjoyed R This is a great hotel in a great location that can be found at some extremely attractive rates. I will be back, but I'll have my noise-cancelling headphones :)

Room Tip: Ask for their quietest room away from the freeway noise, but be prepared for noise throughout your stay... Unless of course I wasn't really placed in their "quietest corner".
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Kevin,
Thank you very much for being a loyal Marriott reward member and for your review of our hotel.
I agree with you that as a platinum member you should have gotten your first choice of rooms and I do apologize for this. I am also a bit disappointed about your comment regarding the steak. In general we only get great reviews from our guests in R view.
We will take your comments as a teaching moment to insure that future stays will be perfect. I am glad you will be back and please contact me directly when you have booked your next reservation.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This one of my favorite Seattle hotels. Bruce in the lobby bar makes the best Starbucks Carmel Macchiato in town. The hotel is in a great location and you can walk everywhere from there. The rooms are starting to show some considerable wear but I was told on this visit that they were getting ready to spend millions upgrading the hotel.

I would still recommend The Renaissance Hotel and as Marriott Platinum Awards Member I will stay there often.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Seattle Space Needle, the mountains or the sound.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your continous business and your great review.
I do appreciate your comment about Bruce and look forward to have you bck.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

How we booked: We used Expedia's "Priceline-like: Name-your-own-price" feature and it selected the Renaissance for us. We ended up paying, on avg, $145/night (included taxes and fees).

We wanted to stay within walking distance of the downtown attractions, especially Pike's Market. This hotel was a little bit further away than I had imagined, but not that bad (just a few blocks). Yes, the highway is right outside, but we were on the 21st floor and the noise was not a problem at all.

The Good
- Staff (front desk and concierge) were all very friendly and helpful.
- The room was clean and spacious.

The Bad (though, not really that bad)
- WiFi: I thought it was free?! When I connected in my room, I saw that I would need to pay $14 for wifi connectivity. Really ticked me off and almost caused me to rate this a 3! Fortunately (or unfortunately for me), I learned that if you went down to the public area of the hotel (lobby/lounge), you could get free wifi. In fact, once you made the connection, it stayed with you even when you went back to your room. - It would have been nice to know this up front.
- TV: The major network channels were fine, but the cable channels were constantly freezing up and "pixellating". Granted, I did not go all the way to Seattle to watch TV, so I did not call this into the staff/housekeeping. I would only watch for 30-60 minutes before going to sleep - still, it was annoying being relegated to only cbs/abc/nbc/fox
- There was only one robe in the closet, not two. A bit nitpicky, but no big deal.
- The shower fixture (handle) was not "affixed" to the wall.

Room Tip: It is right next to a highway. If you don't mind staying on higher floors, this is recommended.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gus_Sanchez
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry that you had issues with your television during your stay. We will look in to these issues to insure that the TV reception is good for all channels. On the positive side I appreciate your comments about our service and the cleanliness of the room. We work very hard to maintain our property and our service.
We look forward to serve you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We ended up staying here as we attended a charity event at the hotel and didn't want to drive home that night. We paid $159 with an event discount and we both thought it well worth it. Do not miss the rooftop bar as the view is spectacular. We also loved the homemade .99 cent potato chips at the downstairs bar. Servers were great at dinner and in the bars. They seemed like they cared!
Room was quiet and the bed was quite comfortable. I have recently joined the Marriott Rewards program and have found Marriott overall to be a good, reliable hotel chain.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you very much for joining the charity event and for staying the night with us.
We welcome you as a new reward member and are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us.
I agree with you that the chips in the lobby are a hit and very popular, and the view in R view is the best bar view of any hotel in the city.
Thank you and I hope you will be back real soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The location was good, central walking distance to everything. The rooms were lacking a few necessary things in my opinion. There were no movies to buy and the front desk person seemed very confused when I asked about it. The rooms were nice, we had two flat screen televisions which was great. The bathrooms need to be updated with fans, they only gave us two bath towels and the toiletries were rather small. It was better than average but it wasn't very good, I wish I could give it 3.5 and a good rating. It was so cold when we were there, I didn't realize they didn't have a pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and your review.
I am sorry about not having any movies available for you.
We have received several comments about the towels and will increase the number early next year.
The Aveda amenities are standard sized and are neither smaller or larger than most hotels.

We hope you like our location and view so that you will come back to us on your next visit to Seattle.