“Wouldn't go back” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, IL
“Wouldn't go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

I had a very disappointing experience at this hotel. The room faced the highway and if I looked out the window I could view either traffic jams or a construction project. Traffic noise could only be drowned out if you kept the room fan on. What was more disappointing, however, was the quality of the room and services. The furniture was shoddy and worn. On my second day there the hotel had run out of caffeinated coffee packets with which to make coffee in the room. Running out of coffee in Seattle??? While coffee was brought up to my room on the successive three days I was there, I had to ask for it each time. On my last evening, I specifically asked for coffee to be brought to the room and did not want a wake up call. Well--I got the wake up call before 6am (!) and no coffee. I certainly won't go back.

2 Thank Nett0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

The staff is great. The updated rooms are superb. The bathrooms have heated mirrors which is very helpful. WiFi is only free in the lobby. In room is $12 a day. Everything is within walking distance Pike St. - Pioneer Sq. - Westlake Center, just don't go directly straight up because it's a hike. It's best to walk up to 6th and then over from Pike St. If you have a rental car it's ridiculously easy to get there, here it is take I-5 north. When you this your getting close to downtown start moving to the right lane and take the Madison exit (it's kinda long). At the stoplight look to your left and that's the Renaissance. Will definitly stay here again.

• Liked — The night staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank wanderlust55416
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

We stayed at this Hotel the 1st of June. There was a group of us so we were all over this Hotel. It seems that some of the rooms on the upper floors have been remolded with new furniture, flat screen, etc. Our room on the 9th floor had not been. Lots of noise! We were facing the Highway and it was very noisy. However other people in our party stayed on the upper floors facing the back of the Hotel and didn't have problems with the noise.
The room was nice enough. Not great but not bad. I did have one really disgusting problem. I drank out of one of there glasses in the room that are furnished. I had lipstick on and when I left the room later on that morning the maid came and washed the glasses in the room and let me say not with soap! My lipstick was still on the glass! I had seen stuff like this on 60 mininutes and never thought about it again, until now! So from then on I drank only out of there disposable cups.
Everyone that worked here especially the Concierge were really nice and helpful. When you arrive they will give you a map of the city. The yellow part of the map show's where the bus rides are free in a large area of downtown.
I felt pretty safe during the day. I walked all over downtown and took the bus several time's. (People are really great if you have bus questions). At night we didn't walk around at all! And were told not to be several of the local people.
All in all its an ok hotel. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Liked — The staff was nice
  • Disliked — Showers were really bad.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

We stayed here on a recent vist to Seattle because they took our Marriott Any Time certificate which I received for credit card miles. It came with free breakfast for 2 which the waiter extended into a full breakfast for 3. I think what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. They were all very friendly and accommodating and this made our stay. The room we had was large and well ventilated away from I-5. The roof level pool had great vistas of Seattle. The palce was very clean. The only drawbacks were the off center location and the colorless lobby. For us it was a good deal. For full price try for a more close in location. However it should be noted the hotel sits right on the free dwtown bus loop so that makes getting anywhere downtown easy

Stayed July 2008
Annapolis, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

When we arrived we were given a "junior suite" because of our Marriott Silver Status. The upgraded room was a joke. Switches were broken, the linens were old, the bed sagged, the LCD TV was sitting on the radiator so you could not see it while in bed. In addition it was nearly impossible to move around the king size bed because there was no walking room. We had a room away from the highway but the road noise was still very bad. My wife didnot sleep a wink all night. In the morning we canceled the last 2 days of our reservation and moved to the TownePlace Suites near the airport. It was half the price and a much better than the Renaissance. This was the worst Marriott I have every stayed at. STAY AWAY

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank mdterp
San Marcos, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

I read most of the reviews and I agree with some of them and others not. Yes, the televisions are old and there are no microwaves or fridges in the room. But in my opinion staying in this hotel all depends on where your room is located. I was unfortunately on the side facing Interstate 5 and I was on the 5th floor. The noise was definitely troublesome to say the least. It wasn't bad getting to sleep if you like "white noise" in the background, but if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night it was difficult to go back to sleep. It's amazing that the traffic on the I-5 was constant all night long... I mean at 3:00 am there was a lot of traffic coming and going.

Overall, the staff was nice and there were some nice features in the hotel. I walked to a ballgame at Safeco Field and it was about a 20 minute walk. The hotel was within walking distance to most of the attractions. The library is one block away and you can use their internet and computers if you need to check your e-mail. You just tell the library staff you are visiting from out of town and they give you one free hour of internet and computer use.

I didn't have car with me so I have nothing to add about the parking. I took the Gray Line bus from the airport and it drops you off right in front of the hotel. This was a business trip for me so I didn't have to pay for the hotel out of my pocket. If I had paid for the hotel I would not have been a little more upset about the noise.

• Liked — The lobby was nice
  • Disliked — The location to the interstate
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

After reading the reviews I was very nervous that the hotel would be an old noisey uncomfortable place. When we arrived we were wonderfully surprised! The hotel had an elegant feel, with a nice lobby. We requested 2 rms with 2dbl beds each away from expressway. When we arrived they only had one room w/ 2dbl beds and a corner room near expressway. The corner room was great! It was like a mini suite with separate sitting room and sleeping area. There was some noise from street but nothing like I was expecting, just a little background noise. The 2nd room was smaller in comparison but very comfortable with nice ammenities. Pool on 28th floor with hot tub was small but had a great view especially at night. Staff were all very accomodating and nice.

Location was okay, walking distance to most but hills were very steep so more strenuous of a walk for distance.

Would definitley stay again and would reccomend it.

• Stayed May 2008