“Clean and Close to Pretty Much Everything!”

Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Ranked #49 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The location was ideal. From the airport, we took the Light Rail back to the hotel since it was one of the cheaper options for us. The hotel does not have its own shuttle service to/from the airport. It was about a 30-40 minute ride for ~$3/pp and we just got off about 3-4 short blocks from the hotel. The Renaissance Hotel is within .5-1 mile walking distance to the International/Chinatown District, Pike Market, Belltown, and the attractions within Seattle Center. We only took the cab once from the hotel and it was no more than $10. We were lucky to find a great deal online that allowed us to book our 3rd and 4th nights at a discounted rate.

Our stay included coupons/vouchers for breakfast which could be used for their buffet or main breakfast dishes and drinks were inclusive as well. The buffet was not much but included everything one would usually have for breakfast: waffles, bagels, toast, eggs, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, fruit, etc. It was the basic stuff. The main breakfast dishes were decent.

The hotel overall was very clean. Rooms were very clean as well. We were out and about during the day and pretty much just needed a place to sleep anyway. We felt we got a great deal for our 5-day stay in Seattle.

When we go back, we will definitely consider The Renaissance Hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room faced 5th St./Ave. and we had a great view of the Central Library along with a peekaboo vie...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great comments.
I could not have described our location better than you did. We are indeed in walking distance to both, the downtown and Pioneer square/sports venues. I do appreciate your nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. In 5 days you do get a great exposure to all we have to offer.

Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Rene Neidhart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,965)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

OK- all my reviews are based on a curve. By that I mean an "average" downtown convention hotel has amenities and service that far exceed any interstate hotel chain. Average to me means half of your category are not as good and half are better. Average for a downtown convention hotel can be really nice and not represent a "bad" experience by any stretch.

That being said, I clicked a couple of times between an average rating and very good for this hotel. I attended a conference at the hotel, and spent most of three days at the facility. During my stay, staff was very helpful and friendly. At least a couple of times they specifically inquired as to my needs without any prompting, and always responded in a courteous way. Special recognition goes to a concierge conversation near an elevator and wait staff at the bar.

The room and houskeeping was up to expectations for a hotel of the caliber, and the hallways and public areas well maintained.

The conference facilities were average,with standard amenities; though the catered food and snacks provided were above average.

The front desk staff was helpful and very efficient; though like others, I had to point out several minor charges for bottled water that appeard on my bill which were not incurred. As stated in another review, they were easily delt with at check out, but the fact of dealing with them at all was something of a turn off- if I had missed them, the hell that I would have incurred from accounting would have been much worse than the actual expense. I was not the only indivitual in my group that experienced this problem.

So, on a curve, this place gets a very good. It's tough competition, and I'm thinking a little better than average based on the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rene N, General Manager at Renaissance Seattle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your business and your review.
I am very appreciative about your detailed comments and I am pleased that your rate our service top notch. I am also pleased that you rated our convention food better than average.
We are upgrading some of our meeting facilities this winter which will bring them up to part with other hotels in the city.
I am sorry about the charge for the water but glad that we took it off the bill so easily.
Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

considering the cost of this hotel, I was not very impressed. The customer service was not great, the lady at the desk when we checked out was actually quite rude, and nobody seemed to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome or be friendly. The room was nice, typical of a downtown hotel, but not overly impressive by any means. Beds were quite comfy and the room was very clean though. They try and charge you $13 a day for wifi in the room but if you sign in down in the lobby its free and will still work in your room. Parking is very expensive too!! If you are out all day with a vehicle just park it overnight on the street you will save yourself a lot of money and theres lots of street parking around the hotel. with the price and the fact that it is a 4-star hotel i was expecting a very nice experience..but was only disappointed. All in all we just were not impressed and it seemed like it was an older hotel with a few fancy decorations trying to be a "4 star" hotel but without 4-star service, staff were not friendly. i would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LindsR3

Thank you so much for staying with us and your comments.
I do apologize for my staff and the service you received, this is certainly not the impression we want to leave with our guests.
I would love if you would contact me at 206.694.4980, or at neidhart@renaissanceseattle.com I would love to get more information regarding your check out.

Please believe me when I say that we take our service very serious and we are very concerned when we do not meet our guests expectation.

Thank you again and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed there earlier this summer. The room was beautiful and the hotel was very well located. The staff is excellent except nobody told us about the bar that is at the top of the hotel. We were curious enough that we discovered it and had a drink before going back to our room but it would've been nice to know at check-in since it offers an incredible view of the city.

Room Tip: Go to the bar, it offers an incredible view of Seattle
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and your great review.
I am sorry that you were not told about the roof top bar, it is indeed a great addition to the hotel and offers the best view in the city.

Thank you again and please come back real soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has nice amenities and an awesome restaurant. However, we had trouble from check-in to check out.
We booked two king rooms for two night while attending a Seahawks game. Upon check-in one room was ready-they told us the other room would be ready soon. We left for the game and returned 6 hours later to find the room had been given to someone else and our "new" room still was not ready. The desk clerk was not helpful. The manager was helpful funding us another room away from our additional room but at least it was ready...
Be sure to check your bill closely when checking out! They attempted to charge us for extra parking and extra miscellaneous thy we did not use. It was pretty easy to get the items erased but who wants that kind of hassle?
Would have given the hotel 5 star if it hadn't been for all the stress accompanying this stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry that we did not have all the rooms ready upon arrival.
I also do not understand why you were billed for a car being parked when you did not have a car. This is very unusual, but I am glad that my team corrected the mistake quickly.
I appreciate the great comments about our restaurant and I hope that the problems you encountered will not keep you from returning to stay with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to a 4 star night in a nice Marriott property. Not even close! Towels were small, worn, thin and you only get two per room. Carpets were frayed inside the room. No in room movies available. It takes multiple trys to the front desk to answer. Location to downtown wasn't too bad but I like to walk. I can't recommend this hotel for the big price.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments.
I am sorry we were not able to meet all your expectations.

Please contact me directly @ neidhart@renaissanceseattle.com prior your next trip to Seattle.
I will personally insure you will have a great stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while in Seattle. I was very hesitant to stay here due to the negative reviews. Our room was booked through Priceline.

The location is slightly west of the downtown area. However, it's not a far walk to Safeco Field. The neighborhood felt safe. It's approximately a 15 minute walk to Pike's Market which isn't bad.

I did not hear any noise from the freeway from our room and I am a very light sleeper.

The lobby and rooms were very new and modern.

The hotel doesn't have a pool which is a big negative in my opinion especially during the summer.

Service was polite.

My biggest complaint about the hotel is the tacky not well fitting Sears polyester uniforms the front desk staff wears. It just doesn't look professional for a hotel of this caliber.

Overall, if you can get a good deal for this hotel, it is highly recommended. Otherwise, there are better options closer to Pike's Market (if that is where you want to be) and that has more amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BellaDonnainDallas

Thank you very much for your visit and your great review. I do appreciate that you enjoyed the comfort and service of our hotel.
We continuously upgrade the physical aspects of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed it.

I hope you will return to stay with us and your next trip to Seattle.